• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So, Let's Talk About How John Cena Buries People

I'm just gonna post a transcript, and everyone can interpret for themselves. I don't care who's right or wrong, but let's just get the actual words out there:

Chris Jericho: "It was Team WWE vs. Team Nexus, and the finish boiled down to [Edge] and [Jericho] in there, but it was Cena against a couple of them. John wanted to do things a certain way and we told him 'you're wrong'. He did it anyways, and it sucked. And then after he came over to us and said 'I should have listened to you, but I wasn't seeing it that way.'"

Edge: "I remember. I was like, fine I'm out of the match by that point."

Chris Jericho: "He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason."

Edge: "They should have gone over because they were so hot."

Chris Jericho: "We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And where's Wade Barrett now?"

Ah, okay well I can see how a simpleton can deduct that Cena made the call for him to win from that but that's not what they're saying. Edge chimed in with the "They should have gone over" but he wasn't implying that Cena said no to that, just that Cena made the call for the finish to be what it was and it sucked. It was part of a conversation where they were discussing their own inability to take someone else's advice and Edge threw that in as a sidenote.

No, it wasn't mentioned, it was implied. Then again, I don't expect an obvious ****** to pick on something like that. Cena doesn't make the call on who wins or loses. If that were the case, don't you think someone, ANYONE would have leaked that information by now?

It's your personal opinion that it was implied the way you see fit, you can probably get a lot more of those from that interview, but to claim this as the absolute truth is rather boastful.

And weren't there several ex-WWE wrestlers who spoke out on Johns political games ? The Mickie James-Kenneth Doane affaire comes to mind, Tyler Reks, Ken Anderson, and several others. They all mentioned burying careers, all disgruntled ex-employees ? Naturally it wouldn't come from someone inside the company at that time, that would be career suicide.

How is Cena putting Wyatt over by losing to him in a cage match where he don't even have to get pinned to lose? Wouldn't getting Bray to the next level be having him pin Cena 1-2-3 right in the middle of the ring at a big PPV like Mania? Put it this way,the list of people Cena has not tried to help go to the next level is 1,000 times bigger than those he has made go to it.

Lastnights donkey promo just added to his list of not showing fear or weakness.Its no wonder fans are tired of him.

Because "putting/getting over" isn't restricted to simply the Win/Loss category.

I thought this was fairly common knowledge?

Also, 1,000 x 0 = 0.

well it's funny when he doesn't bury people and actually gives them props, he always sneaks in that somehow he's the victim, like why you guys vote like you did and make me face all the Wyatt's boo hoo! lol

god enough with John Cena 'burying' people hes acually been more than willing to help out younger talent ever since he came back from his injury at Hell In A Cell last year does anymore not remember the amazing matches he had with Cesaro Damien Sandow Seth Rollins & Bray Wyatt yeah the outcome may have been John winning in some of them but thats not the point the performance that they put on in the match means much more

Because "putting/getting over" isn't restricted to simply the Win/Loss category.

Yeah, the win at WM would have been a nice notch, but the win isnt the point here. The self destruction of Cena is the point. The bigger picture is bringing out the monster. Cena is selling the shit out of that & this is a better way to give Bray a rub than a win is.

Everyone can get big wins in a feud. Not everyone can truly sell the story like Cena is here. It makes Wyatt all the more intense & creepy when you add in how Cena reacts.

All this & it isnt even for a belt. That I am glad for because this goes beyond wins\losses\championships. Wyatt does not give a shit about belts, so where he goes after this is going to be very interesting.

John Cena does bury people. You know what's worst than people who hate Cena blindly? The people who follow him just as blindly.

Now I'm a realist and I think logically. The guy is just awful. Some of it may be how WWE books him and some of it may be the man himself but either way he just sucks.

How exactly has Cena put Bray Wyatt over? By beating him at WrestleMania?
By beating the entire Wyatt family by himself? No, Bray is getting himself over. Bray Wyatt was the only good thing about the opening segment of Raw. Cena can't act for anything.

And I don't want to hear that "just working with Cena elevates someone" argument. People said the same thing about all of the other guys that were over until losing to Cena because he kicked out of everything they did. I remember people saying that Sandow losing to Cena was going to elevate him into a star. What has Sandow done recently?

This whole Wyatt/Cena feud would be good if I didn't already know the outcome. Cena is going to win at Extreme Rules because now Cena is fighting for the children. Cena has to save the children. Cena always overcomes the odds, bla bla bla. Same old crap. If I'm wrong then I will happily admit it but I'm not. That is one hundred percent for sure going to happen. Question is, will you be able to take Bray Wyatt seriously after he loses to Cena for like the third time? (counting the dq in the handicap match where he had Bray pinned anyway)

By the way, rereading my post I can see how I sound like a complete jerk and just like a blind Cena hater so if you think that about me then that's fine lol. I'm not a blind hater though, if he did something I like I would admit it, he just sucks to me. Just my opinion though so Cena fans, don't eat me alive!

Here's the problem with why people claim John Cena buries people: they don't realize (through stupidity, ignorance, or denial) that John Cena is so good that just being in the same ring as him is a huge boost. I know several posters have already denied the plausibility of this argument, but I can prove through examples that it is true.

Remember when Zack Ryder got over a couple years ago? Do you really think it was because of an internet show that maybe 10% of the WWE fanbase watched? No, it was because suddenly Zack Ryder was John Cena's sidekick, and people realized that it was time to take notice of him. Sure, Z! True Long Island Story provided the initial spark, but once Cena gave Ryder the rub of acknowledging his existence, Ryder's popularity skyrocketed.

There are some people that say that John Cena buries people by kicking out of their moves, pulling the "Super Cena" and winning against all odds. John Cena did exactly that in his Extreme Rules match with Brock Lesnar, which happened to be Lesnar's first match since returning to the WWE. Despite the fact that John Cena overcame the odds and beat Lesnar, Brock would come back a few months later to face Triple H, and from the time his music hit there was no question that Lesnar was an absolute monster that was not to be taken lightly. John Cena beat Lesnar, yes, but in the process he allowed Lesnar to look like a monster, and since then nobody has once questioned the power of Lesnar.

And then there are those who say that John Cena just keeps guys from getting to the top. They say that Cena refuses to relinquish his title as top dog, so he holds back the guys that are nipping at his heels. I don't even have to recap any one particular story to prove this is wrong. Right off the bat: Edge, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan: all three of them were put over huge by John Cena when they beat him for the belt.

The idea that he buries people is a conspiracy concocted by Cena haters, but it has no basis in reality. The reality is that the number of people Cena has put over is insanely high, and he's probably done more for his fellow wrestlers than any other main eventer in the history of the WWE. Take a look at any person in the WWE that has feuded or been in a program with Cena, and then take a look at the next few months after their program and ask yourself this, "Are they better off after working with Cena than they were before?" I think you'll find that the answer is almost always, "Yes."

For those of you too lazy to do it for yourself, I'll help.

Daniel Bryan- Yes
The Shield- Yes
Alberto Del Rio- Yes
Big Show- Yes
Bray Wyatt- Yes
Brock Lesnar- Yes
CM Punk- Yes
Cesaro- Yes
Dolph Ziggler- Yes
Kane- Yes
The Miz- Yes
Mark Henry- Yes
R-Truth- Yes
Randy Orton- Yes
Sheamus- Yes
Zack Ryder- Yes

When a wrestler is wrestling at Cena's level, there is no burying each other. Wrestlers at that stage are the ones trying to leverage each other for a better match/payoff/storyline etc. Why do veterans have to constantly lose to 'put over' others if they can still go for another 5+ more years? Cena have put over Sheamus, Punk, Bryan in recent years. Is that not enough? If everyone beats everyone, nobody stands out.

Burying wrestlers is more of a creative decision and not an individual wrestler. Although superstar individuals like Cena can have an influence on creative, I doubt he is that powerful to blackball someone completely without sound reason.

If Cena wins at Extreme Rules Bray is DONE. The crap cena said about not letting Bray's message escape basically means he wins and bray's message is crushed also iic Bray doesn't win AND Cena doesn't go on a rampage whats the point been? Cena isn't a monster and Bray can't actually influence people like he said he's done

even after cena retires u guys make thread of john cena bury talents. Last 2 years he put over more talents. Actually u guys bury john cena and his legacy. Stop making this type of of thread. Please make some useful threads

even after cena retires u guys make thread of john cena bury talents. Last 2 years he put over more talents. Actually u guys bury john cena and his legacy. Stop making this type of of thread. Please make some useful threads

While I agree with your sentiments thats not what the actual thread is about. I think a few yeaes after he retires it'll continue but once we get 5-10 years down the line people are going to look back and enjoy/appreciate the fact they are witnessing one of the greatest of all time have a legendary run. I look forward to Wrestlemania XXXX when we get that Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena segment as the 4 faces on WWE's mt. rushmore interact with eachother,

Here's the thing... if Cena is burying Wyatt/being selfish, then he says "No way am I working him at Mania after less than a year... get me into the title match or Taker..." That the match was so rumored and then didn't happen would do the job for him, Wyatt would be seen as "not ready".

But Cena isn't doing that, he's gone with everything to make it work... and the thing people forget about Cena is that he IS a pretty creative guy on balance. Remember he used to write all his own raps/disses and could improvise better than most, that was what took him from losing to Angle to those early matches working Brock within a year.

He follows a script now but didn't always... he knows that Wyatt is not only writing his own stuff like he did and getting it over but carving a similar niche like he did, not based on Indy rep like Bryan or Punk or legit tough guy credentials like a Brock Lesnar or Cesaro... Here is a kid in Wyatt who "gets it" the same way he does... no way is he gonna bury those people... cos those are the ones he makes lots of money with him by fighting him... It's in Cena's interest for this feud to be a legendary one that perhaps goes on and off for years, for Bray to be his nemesis for the latter part of his career... cos aging superheros need a nemesis the like they have never seen... the formula works and it'll work here.

Dunno what some people are watching but Cena is the one getting buried atm, he won "barely" a match at Mania and so he should beat the other 2 they are just cannon fodder and Cena is a 13 time world champ, you don't get 13 world titles by being lucky you get it by beating the best of the best (in storyline)

Wyatt is getting huge momentum whether he wins or loses, the point is Cena is cracking and his superman persona is losing all the "prestige" it ever had, smae thing they did with Hogan after WrestleMania 6, he started losing big matches first to Earthquake then he barely survived Psycho Side, Yokozuna wiped the floor with him after WrestleMania 9 and finally Undertaker all but had his number, he had to resort to cheating to win, all 4 lost to Hogan but barely and who came out on top? not Hogan well except Earthquake but he was never gonna be a huge singles star and he barely won the .

Same scenario for Cena for the past 2+ years he hasn't been nearly as dominant, sure he overcomes the odds as far as walking out but he hasn't won every match, he hasn't held the title for long if at all and now he's being humiliated by a NXT guy.

Once again i dunno what you are watching but he's certainly not burying anyone, for one thing he doesn't decide the outcomes, Vince does end of story. If they chose to keep showing anyone as unstoppable then thats the role they play til something changes.

Okay, people need to realize that just bring in an angle with Cena is not going to be a boost to your career. People need to think that the opponent has a chance otherwise they won't buy into it. Where are Ryback and Tensei? They had several matches with Cena. Why aren't they main eventing right now? And losing isn't putting someone over. Want the perfect example - HBK losing to Hogan. Shawn lost to Hogan but oversold moves so you couldn't take it seriously. If it looks like someone is just going through the motions, then it doesn't accomplish anything.

It isn't Cena burying people, it is wwe. I think he tries his best in every match but wwe is protecting an investment not realizing they are screwing themselves by doing that. They are the ones who book the matches and decide what comes next. But are they going to take Cena off tv for 6 months to sell an angle and get someone over when it means potentially losing all that money? So instead we get Super Cena who is fairly untouchable. To be fair, wwe has always done this to an extent with all their top guys but they have taken it to a different level with Cena. This is going to cause them problems down the road when they want him to start putting over guys because a) will the audience buy into it and b) if the talent isn't fantastic, it will hurt everyone.

Why is this post not in the trash? i mean come on this is terrible.

To Answer your question john cena is who put daniel bryan over last year at summerslam he also was the one who put cm punk over in 2011 in the summer of punk, Cena also Put Ziggler over him in their match at TLC in 2012.

John Cena has put over The Shield.

John Cena is even trying to Get Hype for upcomming people like Sami Zayn.

Cena has buried a few guys such as tensai, kane, alberto del rio, and even Nexus.

But at the same time cena has helped guys like i named above, and he is even helping Big E get over, at the same time he gets his girlfriend nikki bella a job.

So as you can see john cena doesn't bury everyone, maybe its the wwe burying them but not John Cena.

A feud with john cena is a major push, what happens after that is on the wwe or maybe the wrestler but you can't blame everything on john cena.

BTW John Cena is not the reason for Cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back