• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So, Let's Talk About How John Cena Buries People

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
.... We still on that, right?

John Cena was unequivocally awesome last night, and made Bray Wyatt look like an absolute monster. He sold Bray perfectly. And now, Bray Wyatt looks like a massive threat, coming into Extreme Rules.

John Cena looked like someone shot his dog last night. In fact, Vince McMahon may have actually shot John Cena's dog to get that reaction. I'm reporting it now.

Breaking News: Vince McMahon kills Cena's Dog

But yes, let's all discuss in this thread how fake Cena is, and how he buries talent.

There needs to be a moratorium on the word "bury" and all its tenses in relation to wrestling. It's thrown around way too much. I can't remember the last time I said it, but I know I have, probably incorrectly at times.

I was initially against Cena coming anywhere near the Wyatt Family. Before the feud started, I felt as if they existed on different planes. Their styles were too conflicting in my mind. I admit they've proved me wrong, although that photoshop routine Cena did was a bit of bump in the road; it was just the type of thing I'd hoped they would avoid. Outside of that, though, its been great. I'd nominate it for feud of the year without hesitation.

Cena isn't my favorite, never has been, likely never will be. He's the man, though. He's in the sirloin spot in my signature for a reason. I don't know enough about what he's done backstage to accuse him of burying anyone. At times his promos do his opponents no favors, but I can't remember him cutting one that ruined a guy. He's certainly done more to help put talent over than any other guy that held that top spot, at least for as long as I've been watching. He and the creative team definitely did a good job making the Wyatts look dangerous last night, and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong.

While there are legitimate reasons to not like Cena (the character, not the person of course), him burying people is not among them. As for him being fake, well, I hate to break it to his haters, but the whole ordeal is fake. Just give credit where it's due, people. You don't have to slurp Cena's balls in order to give him props when he does a good job. He's done a great job in this feud, and any fan of the Wyatt Family should appreciate the fact that they're getting this rub so early in their run.

I have to say, that ass/donkey joke later on was a classic. I mean, when was the last time we heard a brilliant joke like that? Probably never. That was John Cena selling his opponent's lethality and dangerousness at its finest. After that, I cannot imagine their match at Extreme Rules not being a blood bath. Both men will absolutely tear each other; Bray Wyatt will beat up Cena because of making that heinous criminal joke, while Cena will try to beat Wyatt because he already bought the donkey and doesn't know what to do with it, should he not get the opportunity to gift it to Wyatt.

I have to say, that ass/donkey joke later on was a classic. I mean, when was the last time we heard a brilliant joke like that? Probably never. That was John Cena selling his opponent's lethality and dangerousness at its finest. After that, I cannot imagine their match at Extreme Rules not being a blood bath. Both men will absolutely tear each other; Bray Wyatt will beat up Cena because of making that heinous criminal joke, while Cena will try to beat Wyatt because he already bought the donkey and doesn't know what to do with it, should he not get the opportunity to gift it to Wyatt.

10 years ago, I'm sure it would have been a blood bath. Nowadays? I highly doubt that, unless Bray decides to pull a Brock Lesnar. If it happened, it sure would add a lot of intensity to the match, and it would absolutely suit the kind of feud these two are having.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt has been nothing short of GOLD. It's been the most creative and interesting feud in a while in WWE IMO, not even the Shield vs Evolution feud has been as good as this.

Cena buries people? Are you an idiot? Did you watch last night at all?

Wyatt buried Cena. Bringing out those kids was a complete mockery of everything Cena has built over the past 10 years. It made Cena's character look like a joke. Vince has no idea what he is doing. Clearly HHH is just jealous of Cena because of all of his success. It wasn't funny or eerie at all. It was just that same mild horror psychological crap that we have to watch from Bray week after week after week. Ugh! When is he going to do something new?

Why? Why did you make this thread? At least when Sly trolls he does it so it's funny. This is just going to swarm the morons.

Let's see, where to begin... Oh yeah "LOOK AT ZIGGLER AND SANDOW AND RYDER!" Did I put that in an immature enough manner? Probably not.

People who use that stupid argument are too dumb to see what the real case is. They think Ryder's 3 months of popularity translated into 400 years of drawing millions. They think since Ziggler was getting chants from the smarks in the audience that he was getting over. Let's completely ignore the 3 years prior to that that he couldn't get over to save his life, no matter how much WWE tried. And they think that while admittedly Sandow is funny and good on the mic, his gimmick was never going to end up anywhere besides comedy.

They don't understand (or won't acknowledge) that just being in a program with Cena, and pushing him to the limit in the ring and on the mic (or really scaring him in Wyatt's case) is enough to help your career. Unless Cena absolutely squashes the wrestler, which he rarely ever does, it's far from burial.

Let's take this Wyatt/Cena feud and replace Cena with Kofi Kingston. Everything else about the feud remains the same. Does Wyatt look like a credible threat to the top now? Does it put him over as much? Do people care as much?

Too many people around here just want too much turnover. They want everyone pushed at once and no one to lose except the guys who are currently on top. Get this guy the title. Ok, he has it now let's get this guy the title. They do nothing for anyone with their kind of thinking. Cena just gets the most of it because A) he's been around and near/on the top forever, B) he's the face of the WWE, and C) his character hasn't changed much in several years. Those arguments at least have some logic. After all, the same thing over and over gets repetitive.

EDIT: Actually I'd like to further add the hilarity that ensues from the bias of people around here. They claim they want people to pay their dues and hate guys like Sheamus for being a HHH guy and he didn't spend 20 years in the indies. Then they want someone like Bray Wyatt to beat Cena in about a years time. A guy a year in...beating the face of the WWE. Nope. No hypocrisy there.

Cena haters will use any lousy excuse to justify their hate for Cena. I remember a thread a few weeks ago that accused Cena of being "fake" when he does his Make-A-Wish work. He takes time out of his schedule and his life and has granted 404 wishes, and it's considered "fake"? I guess being a considerate human being means nothing.

Cena hasn't buried anyone, surely hasn't buried Wyatt. Notice that Wyatt's character has been elevated tenfold when he started working with Cena. The feud has been great, the match at Wrestlemania was great, the entire shtick is GREAT. I expect nothing less at Extreme Rules.

Wyatt buried Cena. Bringing out those kids was a complete mockery of everything Cena has built over the past 10 years. It made Cena's character look like a joke. Vince has no idea what he is doing. Clearly HHH is just jealous of Cena because of all of his success. It wasn't funny or eerie at all. It was just that same mild horror psychological crap that we have to watch from Bray week after week after week. Ugh! When is he going to do something new?

Do people actually read the OP before posting??
There's like 3 guys who are trash talking when the OP never said Cena burries people. He did but it was sarcastic as shi* if you read the rest.

It's frustrating to see, if you can't read : don't write.

John Cena made Bray look awesome and vice-versa, Cena was awesome, this feud is the best thing going on the show right now.

I'm sorry did some of you not get what OP was saying? Seems that way. Pretty funny to see actually.

I won't say I never said that Cena buries people. I don't remember last time I said it, but I'm sure I'm not a saint.

But if we are honest, c'mon, the guy puts over people a lot. It's not Cena's fault Sandow is playing Magneto now or that Ziggler was officially turned into a big pussy just so Hugh Jackman can have his moment against "Magneto".

Bray could've been even more over if he didn't have all those awful feuds with Kane and such.

He put over Bray big time this week. And it would be nice if in general we could avoid making these kinds of threads.

Sorry to break it to you but Cena was his usual "burying" self lastnight.Hes afraid to show any weaknesses. Like in the opening seg and during Renee's 1st try at interviewing him he showed sadness and depression for a change. So what happens 30 mts later? Renee tries again and he comes out off happy and making jokes and talking about donkeys?

Ok sure. Well that sure changed quick. Take his match last year at Extreme Rules v Brock.He gets killed throughout the match,bloodied, yet wins in the end,dont sell any of the beating and cuts a promo right after selling nothing and acting like he just took a walk in the park. That's burying someone. Same thing against Miz and Riley at(again) the Extreme Rules PPV 3 years ago.

He gets killed by both for 15 mts and just like that beats them both like they werent even there.Thats why I cant stand the guy. Hes afraid to look weak and when was the last time he actually made any up and coming star? Guys like Orton and Jericho,stars who put over others at their expense to try and get them over are the ones I respect.

Now of course at the PPV this Sunday he'll lose because its a cage match where he can get "cheated" and he'll not actually get pinned or legally beat to save face. If he really wanted to get Bray over he shoulda jobbed at Mania at a bigger show and it would've meant more. Yeah right.

Ok sure. Well that sure changed quick. Take his match last year at Extreme Rules v Brock.He gets killed throughout the match,bloodied, yet wins in the end,dont sell any of the beating and cuts a promo right after selling nothing and acting like he just took a walk in the park. That's burying someone. Same thing against Miz and Riley at(again) the Extreme Rules PPV 3 years ago.

First off, that was 2 years ago. Remember? You were only 11 then.

If you'd go back and watch the end of that match (which I just happened to this weekend) you'd see that he can't move his arm and both looks and sounds physically and mentally exhausted. That match did more for the current incarnation of Brock Lesnar than anything Triple H did with him.

Now of course at the PPV this Sunday he'll lose because its a cage match where he can get "cheated" and he'll not actually get pinned or legally beat to save face. If he really wanted to get Bray over he shoulda jobbed at Mania at a bigger show and it would've meant more. Yeah right.

Wyatt beating Cena in the cage would probably be more impressive than winning the WrestleMania match, which he didn't really need anyway since Cena made him look incredible. Unless something funky happens in the match, Wyatt winning on Sunday will happen without interference from the Family in a match based on brutality.

Cena has been selling the Wyatts beautifully thus far and has given them one of the best rubs I've seen in a while. Anyone thinking that Cena is burying Wyatt either:

a) Doesn't understand the term "bury"
b) Doesn't understand how wrestling works
c) Is a blind Cena hater
d) All of the above.

What is happening right now with Cena & Wyatt is awesome for 2 reasons. It has become the best mind-games storyline to have come out of WWE in a long time, hell any company for that matter. The second reason is that this is an example of how to execute a heel\face dynamic that should be put in textbooks & taught in schools. My god. Both of these guys are dead on with their chemistry & John Cena is making this whole thing more intense by playing the perfect role.

He is showing cracks in the armor. He is conveying the darkness of Bray's message starting to become true. Cena is starting to doubt the Universe & completely selling this whole damn thing. John Cena is making Bray Wyatt a star & making you believe in him.

What is happening right now is the antithesis of burying someone. This is as real as it will ever get when you talk about putting someone over. After this, John Cena has forever solidified himself not as a legend, but an icon.

...and this comes from someone who doesnt care for the Cena character. Well, I didnt care- but how can you not fucking love this guy at this point. He proves every week why he deserves to be the man & this is one of the most interesting feuds to come in quite a while.

First off, that was 2 years ago. Remember? You were only 11 then.

If you'd go back and watch the end of that match (which I just happened to this weekend) you'd see that he can't move his arm and both looks and sounds physically and mentally exhausted. That match did more for the current incarnation of Brock Lesnar than anything Triple H did with him.

Wyatt beating Cena in the cage would probably be more impressive than winning the WrestleMania match, which he didn't really need anyway since Cena made him look incredible. Unless something funky happens in the match, Wyatt winning on Sunday will happen without interference from the Family in a match based on brutality.

Cena has been selling the Wyatts beautifully thus far and has given them one of the best rubs I've seen in a while. Anyone thinking that Cena is burying Wyatt either:

a) Doesn't understand the term "bury"
b) Doesn't understand how wrestling works
c) Is a blind Cena hater
d) All of the above.

Wow,I was only 11 then. Sounds like you're the kiddie Cena fan right there with that "comeback." I bet you are. And was Cena making those family jokes on Raw with the photoshopped pictures helping Bray any? Did those make Bray look like Cena was scared of him? No.He as always makes everything a joke. And who cares if either of those matches I gave as examples were a year or 2 ago? Its still Cena doing what he always does,making nobody look his equal.

Simple fact Cena should've jobbed clean at Mania to Bray. Imagine how much over Bray would've been if that happened.Now he'll get to "beat" him in a cage match where Cena can save face even in defeat because it wont be a clean loss. Wow. Way to get Bray over!

Wow,I was only 11 then. Sounds like you're the kiddie Cena fan right there with that "comeback." I bet you are. And was Cena making those family jokes on Raw with the photoshopped pictures helping Bray any? Did those make Bray look like Cena was scared of him? No.He as always makes everything a joke. And who cares if either of those matches I gave as examples were a year or 2 ago? Its still Cena doing what he always does,making nobody look his equal.

It wasn't Cena's best promo, but he had already beaten Bray so he had the right to be a little less serious. Plus, that was a one week blip and is clearly the exception to the rule in this feud.

Simple fact Cena should've jobbed clean at Mania to Bray. Imagine how much over Bray would've been if that happened.Now he'll get to "beat" him in a cage match where Cena can save face even in defeat because it wont be a clean loss. Wow. Way to get Bray over!

Wyatt faced the #1 guy in the WWE at WrestleMania less than a year after debuting and had that guy afraid of him. The fact that he was in that match means way more than any win or loss ever could. Cena made Wyatt look incredible at Mania and will do so again in the cage, regardless of how you feel about cage matches.

It is 2014. WWE does umpteen hours of programming each week. Not every segment is meant to build a guy or put him over for the big match. That is more of a 1970s concept. Cena's has been laying on the humor thick as part of the story. He is trolling the smarks to get a reaction out of them and playing up things up so that it means more when Wyatt pulls out all the stops by using children to get under Cena's skin. It is storytelling and it is working from an entertainment and selling perspective.

No one is getting buried and no one is getting put over. Neither guy needs either, we are beyond that as viewers.

Wyatt faced the #1 guy in the WWE at WrestleMania less than a year after debuting and had that guy afraid of him. The fact that he was in that match means way more than any win or loss ever could. Cena made Wyatt look incredible at Mania and will do so again in the cage, regardless of how you feel about cage matches.

Cena didnt make Wyatt look incredible, Wyatt made Wyatt look incredible and Cena sold it very well.

Cena doesnt bury people. Creative does that. Cena has other flaws.

While i believe Cena should have held on to the self doubt and depression throughout the remainder of the episode, i guess its ok because from Cena u come to expect the 'rise above' shtick.

I have had a few issues with Cena in the past. People dont know how to use the term bury. Burying is what Triple H did to RVD, kane, steiner, kevin nash during the original evolution days. My issues with cena have more to do with corny promos being the same lame stuff day in day out and the fact that for a long to keep merch sales up he was always no 1. And the way he wouldnt sell the rocks promos and would smile them off when he shouldve been up in his face with a serious expression. Like when the rock said he will rip his throat out cena just smiled with his teeth wide.

I have no issues with him being the face of the company as long as we get some refreshing changes. The rock was the face for a long time but he still did grudge feuds with rikishi, undertaker, stone cold (scsa's last match) etc. while keeping out of the main storyline. This is cenas first proper grudge feud where hes not in the title picture and not in the main storyline after a LOOOONG time. Him vs Brock lesnar and the rock was main event stuff so it doesnt count.

So no i dont think cena buried people. Ryder failed because he was put in the middle of the main eventing kane/cena storyline and it just became a bad spot for a midcarder to be in. Sandow doesnt count. Creative screwed him by not letting him cash in sooner than that. Ziggler, good technician but fails in charisma. The only person i can think that Cena buried (or rather creative buried) was ryback. Ryback was red hot. His feed me more chants resonated throughout the arena. He had a very very very good match with cm punk at hiac which although he lost made him look very strong. But turning him heel and putting him in with cena is a recipe for burial especially when hes slated to be the next big thing (no lesnar relation intended)

As for the bray wyatt feud. Except that photoshop crap it has been my favorite storyline so far. WYATT SHOULD NOT HAVE WON AT WM. If he did the current stuff wouldnt be happening. BUT !!! Wyatt needs to win at extreme rules. Hopefully that will cement him as the no 1 heel in the company and although it wont happen it will make cena go back to the drawing board and find a new avenue for a slight change.

.... We still on that, right?

John Cena was unequivocally awesome last night, and made Bray Wyatt look like an absolute monster. He sold Bray perfectly. And now, Bray Wyatt looks like a massive threat, coming into Extreme Rules.

John Cena looked like someone shot his dog last night. In fact, Vince McMahon may have actually shot John Cena's dog to get that reaction. I'm reporting it now.

Breaking News: Vince McMahon kills Cena's Dog

But yes, let's all discuss in this thread how fake Cena is, and how he buries talent.

You must have missed the second half of RAW, where all that awesome work Cena did in the first half was completely undone.

I actually LOVED the beginning segment. I thought Cena played his part perfectly and sold Bray effectively as a monster... then somewhere during the course of the next three hours, someone decided that all that awesome story telling should be thrown out and we should have the invincible Cena who is affected by nothing.

In the course of one night, WWE gave us one of the most interesting stories in years and then turned around and plunged a dagger in its heart.

- The photoshop disaster
- Cena has won every watch against the Wyatts(single, handicap...you name it, he won it)
- His interview after the choir nullified everything that happened there, as he just put on his cheezy grin and made a lame joke only lobotomy patients might enjoy.

Cena is helping himself in staying relevant without the belt as a superhero who will save us from the evil Wyatts, as they might turn the WWE Universe against him (thought that already happened years ago)

The guy also books his own finishes and basically decides who wins or loses and in what manner. Edge and Y2J already made that pretty clear when talking about their Summerslam main event...Cena buried the Nexus and it'll never stop untill he leaves (and then the shovel will be passed on to the next gloryhound)

The guy also books his own finishes and basically decides who wins or loses and in what manner. Edge and Y2J already made that pretty clear when talking about their Summerslam main event...Cena buried the Nexus and it'll never stop untill he leaves (and then the shovel will be passed on to the next gloryhound)

I listened to said podcast. Unlike you, however, I actually heard what was said, apparently. Cena didn't decide who went over, management did. They were saying that they were lobbying for Nexus to go over and management said no, Cena had no say in the manner. Their gripe with Cena was how the finish was executed. It was stupid and Cena agreed with them afterwards.

Next time, you should try actually listening to what is being said instead of cherry picking bits and pieces to try and justify your already ******ed beliefs.

Stupid.

How is Cena putting Wyatt over by losing to him in a cage match where he don't even have to get pinned to lose? Wouldn't getting Bray to the next level be having him pin Cena 1-2-3 right in the middle of the ring at a big PPV like Mania? Put it this way,the list of people Cena has not tried to help go to the next level is 1,000 times bigger than those he has made go to it.

Lastnights donkey promo just added to his list of not showing fear or weakness.Its no wonder fans are tired of him.

How is Cena putting Wyatt over by losing to him in a cage match where he don't even have to get pinned to lose? Wouldn't getting Bray to the next level be having him pin Cena 1-2-3 right in the middle of the ring at a big PPV like Mania? Put it this way,the list of people Cena has not tried to help go to the next level is 1,000 times bigger than those he has made go to it.

Lastnights donkey promo just added to his list of not showing fear or weakness.Its no wonder fans are tired of him.

Why would they give the payoff at WrestleMania when A. it'll be overshadowed by Bryan's story and Taker's streak ending B. They were only one match into a feud that could have been raised up another level like it was last night and C. extending the feud is a chance to draw more money, fandom/heat for Wyatt and fandom/heat for Cena. That wouldn't have made any sense for Wyatt to go over at WrestleMania and let's ignore the fact he had his first singles match at the previous SummerSlam.

As far as the opening segment I loved it. This was a feud I really had no interest in seeing I didn't see how their styles would mesh together but damn this is turned out to be amazing. Cena's promo at the end makes sense because he thought the universe had turned their back on him but Wyatt coming out with the kids was a heat seeker for him because if we're being honest, he wasn't getting any. People reacted with heat for Wyatt which let Cena know they hadn't turned their back on him like he thought. I think going forward we will see whether that's true or not.

This is a great story that honestly for the first time has garnered my interest. Everything both these guys are doing is perfect and is playing into the story they're telling. Wyatt is getting a huge rub not just from working with Cena but by looking like a fucking pro doing so. I wouldn't mind seeing this feud extend another match past ER because I don't see how it could end after this steel cage match.

Won't address the rest of your post because it's a waste of time.

That is perhaps the most stupid thing I have ever seen you post... the entire feud is based on Bray "tearing down" Cena and what he stands for. There is no way that that both guys (and the kids) did anything but sell that to utter perfection.

It WAS disturbing, Cena's almost mumbling, disconcerted demeanor was in major contrast to the Make A Wish promo later... they have spent years ignoring and trying to airbrush that Cena is all popular/conquering and they finally have the right guy to upset that and make Cena more human... Superheroes need a Supervillain and we are seeing that beginning now for Cena in Wyatt... I could sense some truth in his words... If his message does escape then John knows his time in the WWE is over as he knows it. He is going to be replaced and even admitted he is looking forward to "the end" or more accurately time off... Cena will probably be gone for a month or two post Extreme Rules to sell the beating he is gonna take.

Wyatt was nothing short of amazing on that show, the simple imagery of a child sitting on his lap while he rocked and simply laughed would be pretty grim... with the choir and the sheep masks involved it was the most risky segment WWE has put out in years, is there controversy? No... the mainstream aren't caring but the fans and viewers are hooked to Bray Wyatt... that he can take an old hymn and make it relevant is scary... if only Vince had ponied up to use the original and better "time is on my side" from the Stones... but in someways, using "Whole World" is creepier, cos it turns something pure into something different.

Cena got his win at Mania because they KNEW the streak was ending... the crowd needed his win to cope with that and to make Lesnar's win work. Had Wyatt won as well then there may well have been a riot and it would have killed the Bryan/Batista/Orton match dead...

Cena has done well and will continue to do well, but he is clearly grasping the concept that things do change... he's showing more vulnerability than ever and for the first time I really can see him going heel or doing the unthinkable and joining the Wyatts... not for 2 weeks, but for a prolonged period. Why? Because it would make him relevant all over again. No one EVER believed Hogan would turn... but he did, just needed the right angle.

I listened to said podcast. Unlike you, however, I actually heard what was said, apparently. Cena didn't decide who went over, management did. They were saying that they were lobbying for Nexus to go over and management said no, Cena had no say in the manner. Their gripe with Cena was how the finish was executed. It was stupid and Cena agreed with them afterwards.

Next time, you should try actually listening to what is being said instead of cherry picking bits and pieces to try and justify your already ******ed beliefs.

Stupid.

It was NEVER mentioned on the podcast that management decided on the Nexus part. The only time management and politics are mentioned is when they're talking about those doubting Edge and Y2J's first title run. Care to try again ?

It was NEVER mentioned on the podcast that management decided on the Nexus part. The only time management and politics are mentioned is when they're talking about those doubting Edge and Y2J's first title run. Care to try again ?

No, it wasn't mentioned, it was implied. Then again, I don't expect an obvious ****** to pick on something like that. Cena doesn't make the call on who wins or loses. If that were the case, don't you think someone, ANYONE would have leaked that information by now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back