So Legendary Is A Failure So Far......

Well to be fair critics will tear apart these films due to their bias against WWE and professional wrestling in general. That being said I didnt think the draw would be rather good anyway.

I wonder how the film actually is though. It looked watchable.

The Rock is successful in movies. Wanna know why? Because he doesn't plaster the WWE banner down everyone's throat. Maybe that's why critics stop caring about his wrestling past.

WWE is doing a limited release with this one, and it's not in any of the theaters near me, so I probably won't get a chance to see this until it comes out on DVD. But yeah, It did look different from other WWE films. It's not your typical flashy action film, where a million explosions occur throughout the film.

Vince will NEVER win over the mainstream media. He seriously needs to stop trying.

I agree with that however I find its always good to expand your horizons. WWE not has Films, Comics, Video Games, an on Demand Station, and soon to be a channel. I think thats great from a business standpoint, and even from a viewer standpoint.

WHAT?? i never saw it coming a crappy john cena film(scarcasm) and apparantely he made a cameo in hannah montana.... ok... he should attempt to improve in his wrestling skills and learn more than five moves which he wont do because he's at the top anyway and actually try to make the effort in making it look real

Roger Ebert called the flick an over the top "hallmark after school special" with characters you barely got to know. I understand why WWE wants to make a profit and get their name out there, but when a movie is shown in limited theaters and only makes $135,000 dollars or so it cant be good. Lets be honest. This movie isn't like Paranormal Activity where millions of people are going to demand to see it. WWE should just stick to making DVDS because I don't think their other films will do as good either.

At least movies like See No Evil, The Marine and 12 Rounds were able to make some sort of a profit. I agree with Mitch because Vince seriously is delusional thinking that WWE movies will ever be a box office success.

If I wanna see a movie, I don't even read the reviews, I plan on seeing it for myself. That's the case for Legendary, as I felt it looked watchable. But I'd have to agree with Mitch on this one: Movie critics are typically biassed against professional wrestlers in movies, of coarse excluding The Rock and Stone Cold. Other than that, bad reviews are basically guarenteed, but I don't care. I plan on seeing this anyway.

Kenny Powers made a very good point with the Paranormal Activity comparison. Not too many people are going to demand to see Legendary. I highly doubt die hard Cena fans would even do it. Straight to DVD might not be a bad idea for WWE......just don't use Ted DiBiase in any of the films.

EDIT: As far as The Rock goes, he was sooo popular when he played The Scorpion King in The Mummy Returns. Also, The Mummy was a box office hit, so everyone was foaming at the mouth for the sequel, and The Mummy Returns also made a nice splash at the box office, so by the time The Scorpion King rolled around, the hype was through the roof. But yeah, The rock distancing himself from the wrestling worlds also helps.

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2424287]The Rock is successful in movies. Wanna know why? Because he doesn't plaster the WWE banner down everyone's throat. Maybe that's why critics stop caring about his wrestling past.[/QUOTE]

Riaku, how the Rock is successsful in movies? Nobody take's him seriously as an actor! Did you watch Doom, what a piece of shit! Yeah he does a couple of Disney movies....so? Nobody respects the Rock, he isn't exactly THE actor that Tarantino, Nolan, Cameron, Burton, Scorsesse or others want in their films. Even though the Mummy II was succesful, it wasn't by the brillant performance of the Rock.

So, is there someone that isn't surprised that Legendary is a failure?

I guess you could say the failure of this movie.... is Legendary.

horatio460.jpg

It might have done better if we had gotten more than one clip of it. All we've seen is the same trailer time after time after time. Spice it up a bit.

Is anyone actually surprised by this? Look at the movies WWE has made, were any of them good? Look at the upcoming WWE films, do any of them seem good? No, they dont. The WWE needs to stay away from making movies.

Riaku, how the Rock is successsful in movies? Nobody take's him seriously as an actor! Did you watch Doom, what a piece of shit! Yeah he does a couple of Disney movies....so? Nobody respects the Rock, he isn't exactly THE actor that Tarantino, Nolan, Cameron, Burton, Scorsesse or others want in their films. Even though the Mummy II was succesful, it wasn't by the brillant performance of the Rock.

Okay so you used one movie. Congrats, you want a cookie? Personally I liked Southland Tales. Thought Dwayne was good in it. Hell I think it was one of the very rare times that Sean W Scott played a serious role and I DIDN'T hate it. I'll admit, Rock's role in Be Cool made me laugh once or twice too.

But no, not surprised this one flopped. One of my women who is a HUGE Cena fan even said she won't go see it.

Well to be fair critics will tear apart these films due to their bias against WWE and professional wrestling in general. That being said I didnt think the draw would be rather good anyway.

I wonder how the film actually is though. It looked watchable.

Uh, the film had Patricia Clarkson in it, a critical darling. There was no bias whatsoever...the film just probably sucked ass, plain and simple.

So, is there someone that isn't surprised that Legendary is a failure?

This guy knows what he's talking about. The Rock has three hits to his name, and all of these films sold because they were part of a lucrative franchise (The Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King) or because they were geared towards kids (The Game Plan). Gridiron Gang was a modest success, but this guy's heading towards being categorized as box office poison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back