So apparently Batman is dead now

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Yep that's right DC has killed the Dark Knight, this happened a couple months ago I guess, I just bought it today and am currently reading it, so I don't know how it happens who kills him or any of the details yet, and honestly don't know what surprises me more the fact that DC killed Batman, or the fact that no one seems to care, I don't remember seeing anything in the news about it like I did with the deaths of Superman and Captain America, or even when Bane crippled the Bat, and here on WZ, where their seems to be a pretty loyal Batman following, or so I think anyway, I don't recall ever seeing a thread on it

Just curious about what people think about this, and if anyone has read it yet what they thought of the story, did the Death of Batman do him justice, was it needed, did you feel the story was well written, and where do you see DC going with this, who will take over as Batman if anyone

I don't read comics, but I was under the impression that while Bruce Wayne was dead "batman" wasn't and someone else would begin to do it.

I don't read comics, but I was under the impression that while Bruce Wayne was dead "batman" wasn't and someone else would begin to do it.

I don't really read Comics much anymore either, I just wait for a story that looks decent and buy it when they release it in graphic novel form, so that I don't have to run around and try to find each issue of the story, if I still collected them it would be differant, but all I'm interested in now is the story

Bruce Wayne is Batman though, having someone donning the cape and cowl just doesn't seem right to me, it like when Bucky took over for Steve Rogers as Capt. America after he died, yeah sure he may be wearing the suit but you know it's not the real Capt. America, it just Bucky

Also why Kill him off?, With the success of the last two batman movies you have to think people are going to start reading Batman, to me killing him just seems like an unnecessary move to try and sell more comics

That being said I am still very much interested in reading the story

It sounds like they're trying to recreate the huge pop of Death of Superman. That made the front page of the New York Times.

The death of Superman and the death of Captain America actually made the news and such, and even though Batman is FAR beyond Captain America, it hasn't made any real splashes. Why? Cause they chose a terrible time to do it. You've got people worrying about the economy and stuff...not about the death of a fictional character lol.

And yeah, its just a ploy to sell more comics. Everyone knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman, just as Clark Kent is Superman, Peter Parker is Spider-Man, Bruce Banner is the Hulk, Tony Stark is Iron Man, etc. It never works when you've got a character that can't lend himself to a legacy moniker and you try to replace him. That's why we don't have Ben Reilly as Spider-Man right now. And as cool as Dick Grayson has become over the years, and how he'd be the #1 choice to replace Bruce, he's come into his own as Nightwing, so I can't see them ever changing it permanently.

And...knowing the Batman character...he'll come back and explain that his death was a plan he had formulated for a long time. Prep work for some other thing that he needed to die and come back from or whatever haha. Why?

Cause he's the goddamn Batman.

I think in one, he just decides to hang up the cowl. In another, he gets hit by some laser beam - after killing one of DC's shitty villains - and has to live lives that get progressively worse. He'll be fine.

I'm going to get the entire Batman R.I.P series at some stage. The Nightwing stuff was pretty good. Expecially that fight with Ra's Al Ghul. And as for the successor well he does have a son in Damien that was foreshadowed with Batman #666. But Grant Morrison is proving how good he is. I am looking forward to Black Night with Green Lantern after reading through the entirety of the Sinestro Corps wars.

of course, just getting up to the FLCS is a mission. It isn't that local and it is a bitch to walk to from where I usually situate myself in the middle of auckland central.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back