• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammiversary - TNA Knockouts Championship - Angelina Love (c) vs Tara

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Oh, thank God. Kong is out of the title match for once, and maybe we can actually see the Knockouts have a good match. For perspective, Kong has been involved in the featured Knockouts contest at every PPV (excepting one, where she had a minor injury) since Bound for Glory IV. But, thankfully, that's over, and Angelina Love can work a proper match for the first time in forever.

Tara, formerly Victoria in the WWE, of course, is a great worker and in the upper crust of female talent. She's got all the momentum of a WWE jump and should be able to make this match pretty good. Angelina Love is good in the ring also, but usually she's working the heel tactics, which works great for her character.

I'm thinking this will turn out to be a pretty good match, probably the best Knockouts match we've seen on PPV for a while, now that Kong is out. It's not that I don't really like Kong, but since Gail Kim has left and the Wilde feud burnt out, she's not been able to really work a good match because no one else can look good against her. Plus, booking her as a face just does not work. I'm glad to get a break from her, and the longer the better, really.

So, a solid match from the Knockouts here, all very good. Love will probably retain via some dirty heel tactic - walking out, Sky or Rayne interferes and either causes a DQ or a cheap win, a quick roll up - what have you. This match is probably more to get Tara in and put her at the top of the division, but not give her the title quite yet. I don't think this is the last time we see this match up, however - Victory Road could feature the same match and see Tara grab the title.

At any rate, I'm glad we have a good Knockouts contest on PPV for a change and hopefully this goes off well.

t first I was all like ''Why the fuck is Tara?'', thank you Harthan for answering my question almost straight away.

Natch, Victoria should win. But this also shouldn't be a a title match. If Victoria wins the belt then she's reached the top too quickly, and that Ugly Person doesn't need to lose the belt yet. And if Victoria wins then she's been beaten then why should she get another shot?

Victoria is, in my opinion, the best female wrestler from the attitude era to today. She played a giant part in making people like Trish Stratus look like gold. She has great skills, a great mind for a match, an amazing physique and is frickin hot.

She was horribly misused throughout a lot of her tenure in WWE. She should never have been made a comical character, and should have been used as a much stronger competitor.

I am seriously hoping that TNA uses her to the utmost of her ability. She doesn't need, nor should she have a title win right off the bat. Put her in, make her look unstopably dominant, but then have Love get a cheap heel win, and both characters come out in the right direction.

The Knockouts division has gone from the highlight of Impact to a stagnant entity. I am seriously hoping that Victoria helps turn things around. If booked properly, I firmly believe she can.

This should be a very good women's match. Victoria looks like she's in great shape and I always enjoy Angelina Love in the ring. I think Victoria winning here would be too much too soon. Where would she have to go next if she won the title in her first match?

I see her losing, probably thanks to some perfume spray in the eye, and eventually getting a rematch and winning the title on the next PPV. Of course, maybe TNA wants her to face Kong ASAP and they'll give her the title here.

Either way, this should be a pretty good match.

interesting thread here, tna knockouts often seem less like barbie dolls than wwe divas (i know the beautiful people use thae barbie gimmick before you flame me) but victoria always seemed a cut above the rest in that she can actually wrestle and doesnt spend an entire match screaming like a girl in high school. also, she has a finisher (widows peak) that actually looks good, too many female wrestlers have pussy-o finishers and cant sell them either. will be good to see how this veteran of the female division can shake up the knockouts...

T.B.P. ruin the Knockout division for me. People claim something in Love that I simply cannot see, her having great matches. I'd take Kong against most of the other women any day.

I blame my dislike of American women's wrestling at the top. I never found myself interested in many, if any at all, WWE women matches. I loved the Knockout division with Kong, Kim, Hemme, ect. I see the addition of both Daffney and Tara (Victoria) as great.

So I continue to watch what happens but I'm no where near as interested as I was when Kong was running around squashing people like a female version of Vader. Which didn't last too long. /cry

Tara probably won't claim the title just yet but as it's been said already, she will eventually and prop the division up. She is by far a level above Love and the division as a whole would gain a level of respect with her as champion. Much in the same way that Gail Kim was their "go to" girl for the Knockouts championship at first.

I'm really looking forward to this match. Angelina is awesome and plays her character very well. She and "The Beautiful People" are very entertaining and are a great part of the Knockouts division. Not too mention Love can wrestle decently too! Agree with Harthan, about being glad that Kong is finally not in the title hunt. She's great but so stale and boring.

As for Tara(Victoria)she's good, really good. Her days were numbered in the WWE and she was nothing more than a jobber, but now she might get the passion back and show some great skill. I think she will work well with Angelina and it should be a solid match. I don't want her to win the belt yet, because it would be too soon, but later down the road I see Tara getting the title.

I'm split when it comes to this match up. On one hand i feel this match should have been saved or at least built up with the few episodes of impact before the PPV. I really don't understand why they just gave her the title shot on the spot, when they had some episodes to build a semi legitimate feud. On the other hand, i feel this will probably be a damn fine match to watch, so i don't mind getting it early. Since Angel's title chase began we haven't been able to see much of her actually getting some offensive wrestling in, due to her being up against Kong. So now we get to hopefully see a fine match for the knockouts title on a PPV, assuming Angel doesn't take some easy route early on in the match.

I doubt Victoria picks up the win here. I see Angel retaining by usual means of outside interference. Probably leading up to a rematch on the next PPV.

I'm a big fan of the Beautiful People, and of Tara. I think they're trying too hard already with Victoria's introduction gimmick though. Her music screens psycho from her fame days, but her character yells jobber from her more recent work.

I'm in agreement with Jake on this one as well. This match-up is too soon, and realistically only taking place because of two main reasons. Mainly, because she just debuted with the Company, so why not shove her instantly into the Main Event spotlight for the female's division. And Second, because its one of T.N.A's Wrestlemania-isque shows that they'd prefer to have a top line-up for.

My major question.. why did they announce two King of the Mountain matches, for the Heavyweight and X-Division titles, but not go for a three-for-all, and just make the Knockout's title match a Queen of the Mountain as well? We know they can Wrestle in Ladder matches, so I don't see the problem. Unless they didn't understand the concept of taking a title up the ladder, as opposed from bringing it down from the ladder.

Anyways, Tara wins here without question. But I think it'll be by Disqualification, or Count-out. If Velvet Sky, or Madison Rayne interfere and cost Tara the match - she still loses, which would make her look bad for her debut Pay per view match.

I think this should be a good match, even better with Kong out of the title picture for now. Both Love and VicTara can wrestle and they've built up the little rivalry between them well in a short time. It would probably be better if VicTara was given a few more matches on Impact before being shoved into a PPV but it should be a decent match.

I'm going for Angelina for the win from interference by Madison or Velvet

Yeah.... not really looking forward to this match all that much. I'm a fan of Angelina Love, but I did not care for Tara when she was in WWE. Sorry to anyone who might disagree there. Hey, it could be worse though. FOR ONCE there is a knockout championship match that DOESN'T involve "not-so-awesome-Kong"!!!! It's about time! As for the match itself, I see Angelina retaining. Tara JUST got to TNA, so why give her the belt that early?

Dagger Dias prediction: ANGELINA LOVE
_

I guess the match was okay as I didn't really pay much attention to it. I disagree with Tara being given the title shot so quickly so they can build her up more. At least, Love should have won by disqualification so they can have their match next pay-per-view so Tara can win. I see her winning next anyway so I guess last night's outcome didn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back