• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Since Vince owns all of the WCW archives...

shafe_41

DON'T HINDER JINDER
what are the chances you believe we will start to see the classic WCW ppv's released on DVD? I know I read somewhere that Vince would release like a 1 or 2 disk best of Starcade but that's it (If you don't count the Sting dvd that was going to be released, but then got axed). I think this is an awful idea to not release any of the WCW ppv catalog as box sets. I know I myself would want to purchase them and watch the old matches with Flair, Sting, Hogan, Jericho, Mysterio, hell.... even Dustin Rhodes and dare I say... one Chris Benoit.

What is your opinion on Vince releasing all the WCW ppvs as separate box sets (good idea or not)? Then maybe even a collection of 3 or 4 disks of Nitro's best matches and moments. I think there would be more people than he thinks interested in these products. I say cash in on the former competition.

It would all depend on how well it'd sell. I don't really know if WCW still has a huge fanbase in these days...I was never a big fan of the promotion "where the big boys play with each other" (quote SCSA) but that may be because I only watched it in its dying days, which makes TNA iMPACT! look like the high point of WWF in the Attitude Era. That is...not good.

How is it guys? Are there still a lot of WCW fans around that would like to see some DVD re-releases?

I don't really see it happening any time soon. One of the biggest benefits to releasing those old PPVs is that promotion tool that it is for the current WWE PPVs. For example, I've bought every Wrestlemania since I bought my Anthology, just to keep my collection up to date. Not only that, most of the trademarks on the music would be gone, so you'd have to create brand new music, collect all the video, digitize it all, increase the production quality on it, and then re-package it as saying "Here, look what was so much better than us that we almost filed for bankruptcy".

I don't see it happening any time soon.

As a legit wrestiling fan, I go on youtube and try to find some classic nitro moments just because I always watched wwe/f and missed out on some big moments like russos crazyness or who and how people joined nwo and the creation of some top names now.. I think if they came out wit an anthology set of nitro I would buy it.. And if they did that they could put the thunder in the mix as like an extra bonus or something.. Just to relive the days wrestling was the best thing because of the competition.. The same should happen with the ecw footage as well... It would be good for younger people either getting into liking wrestling oir getting ito the business to see what they missed out when there were the "BIG THREE" instead of now where there is all of WWE and TNA

I know I myself would want to purchase them and watch the old matches with Flair, Sting, Hogan, Jericho, Mysterio, hell.... even Dustin Rhodes and dare I say... one Chris Benoit.

This would never happen. If the WCW PPV's were released, he would be completely edited off of the DVDs. Even old WWE PPVs that are being distributed are being wiped clean of Benoit in case you havent noticed. Audio of the commentators even mentioning him is muted. It's pathetic. While I disagree with what he did, I refuse to allow myself not to acknowledge some of the amazing things he did for the business. I understand that WWE has to do what they have to do and I understand the reasons why, but my understanding cannot overshadow the dissappointment inside of me that new wrestling fans will never fully understand Benoit's legacy before his heinous act.

This would never happen. If the WCW PPV's were released, he would be completely edited off of the DVDs. Even old WWE PPVs that are being distributed are being wiped clean of Benoit in case you havent noticed.
Actually, I didn't notice. Why? Because it's not true.

I just bought the Summerslam Anthology, and all of the Chris Benoit stuff is on there and intact. It was a knee jerk reaction, a PR move by the WWE to do that at first, but now the the media circus has died down, I believe you'll see Benoit more and more in DVDs.

but my understanding cannot overshadow the dissappointment inside of me that new wrestling fans will never fully understand Benoit's legacy before his heinous act.
What a legacy. He umm...well, he was a midcarder...received the stupidest title in wrestling history...wait, what legacy?

Ya know, WWE does use the old WCW PPV name Great American Bash, I could see them one day releasing of package of these PPV's with the WCW ones included. Then the WWE could see off those sales whether it would be a good idea to release more WCW stuff, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. While ECW has a fan base and is used by WWE in storylines and a new show, WCW is rarely mentioned and I don't think it has much of a fan base left. But like I said, maybe one day they'll release GAB and maybe go from there.

Actually, I didn't notice. Why? Because it's not true.

I just bought the Summerslam Anthology, and all of the Chris Benoit stuff is on there and intact. It was a knee jerk reaction, a PR move by the WWE to do that at first, but now the the media circus has died down, I believe you'll see Benoit more and more in DVDs.

What a legacy. He umm...well, he was a midcarder...received the stupidest title in wrestling history...wait, what legacy?[/QUOTE]

Sly you simply can't make a statement like that and have everyone take it seriously. Dumbest reign in history...

Are we forgetting about Rey Mysterio's worthless title reing at Wrestlemania 22, Vince McMahons title reign in 1999, Randy Orton's 25 Minute title reigns, David Freaking Arquette. I know sarcasm isn't a wonderful emotion to express on the net, but there are plenty of stupid title reigns that far outshadow an 18 year journey to the championship.

As far as the title of the thread is concerened. No way in hell Vince does this. It's simple, sly hit it on the head. Too much money involved with getting trademarks for the music (however, didn't Jimmy Hart produce most of the music for WCW, if that's the case it might not be so hard). Also the big thing is Vinnie Mac actually acknowledging WcDub.

No way in hell. Vince's ego is too large to acknowledge that he should have been looking for his lifes work a dozen years ago. It's been stated before, WCW is dead, buried, and Vince just hopes he can build a skycraper on top of it before too long.

They Show A Good Bit Of Them On WWE 24/7. Right now they have a super brawl and last month they had the WCW/ New Japan Supershow so it seems to me if they feel confident in a WCW PPV helping to carry there 8 dollar a month package why wouldnt they think there is an audiance out there that would love to own them i mean they cant expect it to sell like the Wrestlemania or SummerSlam Anthology but that's just like saying there not gonna make Carlito T-Shirts cause it wont sell like John Cena's Gear.

I think they will probably just continue to do what they do now...if they are working on a DVD set for a WWE wrestler that did wrestle in WCW for a while, they will simply include some of their WCW footage as part of the DVD. I do not think they will ever release WCW PPV anthologies or anything like that. The only thing that I can think of that came close to being primarily WCW was the Horsemen DVD, and that was more because of Ric Flair, and the fact that Arn Anderson is a current agent for the WWE. Maybe they will come out with a three disc nWo collection or something, but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the Starrcade anthology...

Sly you simply can't make a statement like that and have everyone take it seriously. Dumbest reign in history...

Are we forgetting about Rey Mysterio's worthless title reing at Wrestlemania 22, Vince McMahons title reign in 1999, Randy Orton's 25 Minute title reigns, David Freaking Arquette. I know sarcasm isn't a wonderful emotion to express on the net, but there are plenty of stupid title reigns that far outshadow an 18 year journey to the championship.
That may be, but that's not the title reign I was referring to.

I'm talking about the title reign he was given at the beginning of the year 2000. Don't remember it? Not surprising, considering it lasted all of about 5 hours. WCW knew Chris Benoit was leaving for the WWF, so what's the logical thing to do? Absolutely. Give him a World Title win. Great idea WCW.

Like I said, stupidest title reign in history.

As far as the title of the thread is concerened. No way in hell Vince does this. It's simple, sly hit it on the head. Too much money involved with getting trademarks for the music (however, didn't Jimmy Hart produce most of the music for WCW, if that's the case it might not be so hard). Also the big thing is Vinnie Mac actually acknowledging WcDub.

No way in hell. Vince's ego is too large to acknowledge that he should have been looking for his lifes work a dozen years ago. It's been stated before, WCW is dead, buried, and Vince just hopes he can build a skycraper on top of it before too long.
Jimmy Hart did do most of the music I believe, but I'm not sure what terms they are on, or if outside bands performed it or what.

That may be, but that's not the title reign I was referring to.

I'm talking about the title reign he was given at the beginning of the year 2000. Don't remember it? Not surprising, considering it lasted all of about 5 hours. WCW knew Chris Benoit was leaving for the WWF, so what's the logical thing to do? Absolutely. Give him a World Title win. Great idea WCW.

Like I said, stupidest title reign in history.

Jimmy Hart did do most of the music I believe, but I'm not sure what terms they are on, or if outside bands performed it or what.

Souled Out 2000 took place on January 16, 2000 from the Firstar Center in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I was there, live and in color, and marked out like a mother fucker when it happened. I was just pissed off that Goldberg ruined this night for me. Howso, because Goldberg nailed Hart the month before and if I remember right I bought tickets to watch Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit (or Jarret or Sid or whatever) for the WCW title. That is worth the price of admission. Sure they put the title on Benoit to appease him and the unhappy wrestlers that jumped ship a week later, but something also has to be said of Benoit for getting to the top, and saying, screw you. He put his friends first over being a company champion...

Anyways. It's Jimmy Hart, I can't possibly see Jimmy Hart being on bad terms with the WWE. He's ona bunch of different radio shows, and he seems to genuinley love the business. I'm pretty sure if the E wanted to do so, they could just write Hart a nice paycheck. Plus I'm not sure if those songs were already included in the deal for WCW anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back