• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince is : Bringing Back WCW !!

and THEN everyone can bitch about how "itz not like the real WC-DUB" and look like morons like they do now with ECW.

I agree though. Ive always thought this was a damn good idea. and with the new DVD coming out, I think it very well could happen.

ECW could be a hardcore brand appleaing to The people who liked the old ECW. But that would be appealing to a WWE audience who have been contioned to dislike everything about the old ECW. ECW is actully filled with WRESTLING matches which should appeal to these people. Jack swagger talks about the ECW title as if it Means something. Does Triple H talk this way about the WWE title now? NO. it's all bout, hispersonal realenship with Orton(look at last weeks Raw, TripleH was the main story not the WWE title! I watched ECW last week and saw something intresting. Christian had one of the best reactions i have heard for quite some time

This is something that was pondering in my mind lastnight, When vince took over wcw ecw, he created a rise and fall of ecw dvd, when the dvd sale hit the roof he decided to create ecw , now i am thinking since this creative storyline has trumph with raw, perhaps vince will re born wcw, why else would he want sid vicious buff bagwell mark jyndrank chuck pulumbo, and some other former wcw wrestlers, Not to mention there have been reports of former wcw talent walking out of WWE headquaters hmm just something to think of also there is going to be the rise and fall of wcw, so i am wondering, is wcw alive!! I hope so, he offered kurt angel hulk hogan to help build and ric flair

Bring back The Natural Born Thrillers if your gonna do it. Most of them were under contract to WWE at some point. That would be cool to see Sanders, Stasiak, Palumbo, jindrak, and esp O'Haire. I liked Buff and Sid, everybody says WWE is boring and same old fueds, this would definately liven it up. Y not? Tell me you wouldnt watch if these guys were on.

I probaly would watch if these guys were on,but it would be in spite of these guys not because of them. It appears that WWE IS interested in these guys(according to rumours), so I stand corrected. My question is why? There is plently of young talent and these guys would just over crowd the roster. If I wanted to watch alot of over the hill ex WCW guys I'd watch TNA(and thats a bit unfair to TNA,at least most of there ex WCW stars were main eventers, aside from Sid none of these guys have had long term main event runs).
I was a HUGE Sid fan back in the day,but the day was about twelve years ago and he suffered a horrible injury since than and has hardly wrestled since. As a bodyguard or something though I would welcome seeing him back.

Ever since Vince killed WCW I was hoping it would be brought back, rename Smackdown! to WCW Friday Night Nitro and for the love of god make it WCW, not WWEWCW like they did to WWECW. You don't need a bunch of WCW wrestlers to bring back WCW, you just need the WCW writing style and wrestling style.

Keep WCW the way it is. Knowing Vince he would bring it back and then make it as laughable as WWE Superstars.

WCW was a great company and it was pretty much murdered, there's no returning for it anytime soon...and if Vince brings it back as a 4th Brand, I'll attempt to do a swanton bomb off my roof.

Personally, if they did do a WCW revival, it would be fucking weak like the new ECW is.

They wouldn't be able to get top WCW stars such as:

- Sting (in TNA)
- Kevin Nash (in TNA)
- Scott Steiner (in TNA...why are all the WCW'ers in TNA?!)
- Booker T (in TNA)
- Randy Savage (old as hell)
- Scott Hall (getting fat somewhere)
- Hulk Hogan (running some crap wrestling show along his already generic crap family reality show)
- DDP (Retired)
- Kanyon (Vince won't hire him because he's gay....also...WHO BETTA THAN KANYON?! NOBODY!)

I could go on and on, and it's honestly true.

They fucked up the Invasion by not being able to sign top WCW and ECW stars, and then they fucked it up more by making WCW and ECW wrestlers purposely botch numerous spots in matches, making WWE look dominant.

WCW Revival = Not viable, and even if Vince did try, it'd be shit, and TNA would get all WWE's viewers in a heartbeat.

They should've bought WCW and not made it a huge deal.. Kept it as a seperate entity with the occasional run-ins from the other 'company'. It would've probably only worked for a year or two, but it would've been better than what we got w/ the Invasion angle.

Personally, I'd love to see WCW brought back to life for one last go round with WWE. However, as so many in this thread have already stated, I don't see it as likely and if they did do it, it would likely be a HUGE failure. Look at what they did to ECW and ask yourself, do you really want to see them drag WCW's legacy through the mud? Not to mention the fact that most of the core WCW stars are either on the TNA roster or not recognizable to WWE's target audience of younger viewers. How many of these kids really know the significance of WCW? In my opinion, the time has passed for Vinnie Mac to pull off a legitimate WWE vs WCW angle. On the other hand, who knows? This is the wrestling world we're talking about and anything is possible. Keep in mind that I said "possible" not probable.

In today's Wrestling climate, If Vinnie Mac did decide to resurrect WCW, It HAS to be done right! Firstly, starting with the simple things such as:

Reinstating Tony 'The biggest night in the history of our sport!' Schiavone as lead announcer...

Use the original rings used by WCW...

Give it a decent time slot on a decent network...

Offer select ex-WCW headliners good money to return...

DO NOT give any Wrestler creative control over their on-screen character...

Use original entrance themes, at least initially...

Give 'The Bisch' control...Or at least make him head writer...

Reinstate the World Heavyweight Title as the WCW Heavyweight Title...

But most importantly, Vince has to treat WCW as relevant and important, If he doesn't, how can he expect any of the fans to??!

All in all, I really don't see any of this happening!

:wcw:

Trump won't need to be the on air focal point, I still see Shane being his GM to feud with Vince... Nothing would wound Vince more in storyline than Shane telling him "I waited for you to hand me the keys... now I got Trumps..." That would be an excellent way for Vince to bring back WCW and Bischoff... with Steph and Trips in the middle... the whole which brand will they/Trips choose story would fill a few weeks of TV...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back