• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Since Most Of You Are Utterly Miserable

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I guess now's as good a time as any to run my stance on Mania and the hype by you again.

The facts?

-No WrestleMania is as good as the hype leads you to expect.
-No WrestleMania is comprised entirely of five star matches. Squashes have always been a part of Mania. Shit matches as well
-The absurd expectations placed on Mania make many perfectly reasonable things like Edge-Del Rio fall flat.
-They get the match order wrong on a regular basis.
-Mania has always suffered from time management issues.
-It's just a show. Nothing more.

Check your expectations, people. You guys usually have the wrong ideas coming into these big shows and are setting yourselves up for a letdown. This is why I like matches where people have great shows on random nights. At least the expectations associated with WrestleMania aren't going to blind people to the quality in front of them.

A wise man once said:
I guess now's as good a time as any to run my stance on Mania and the hype by you again.

The facts?

-No WrestleMania is as good as the hype leads you to expect.
-No WrestleMania is comprised entirely of five star matches. Squashes have always been a part of Mania. Shit matches as well
-The absurd expectations placed on Mania make many perfectly reasonable things like Edge-Del Rio fall flat.
-They get the match order wrong on a regular basis.
-Mania has always suffered from time management issues.
-It's just a show. Nothing more.

Check your expectations, people. You guys usually have the wrong ideas coming into these big shows and are setting yourselves up for a letdown. This is why I like matches where people have great shows on random nights. At least the expectations associated with WrestleMania aren't going to blind people to the quality in front of them.

Listen to Coco. He is GOD!:worship:

I'm watching WM right now. Edge/Del Rio was surprisingly good to me. Rhodes/Mysterio was good but it felt like the match went 20 minutes instead of 12.

Mysterio-Rhodes was a slop show. They're going to have a better match sometime in the near future on SmackDown when the pressure isn't getting to them.

Personally, I find the whole idea of telling a match story based around grounding Mysterio to be more than a little detrimental.

I thoroughly enjoy Rhodes' current gimmick but he just does not do it for me in the ring, at least not yet. The delayed superplex was pretty good though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back