The only DVDs I currently own are:

HBK: Heartbreak and Triumph
The Rock: Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

Several I used to own, but sold to used DVD stores [regretting this now]:

Bret Hart: Best There Is
Triple H: King of Kings
Hulk Hogan: Ultimate Anthology
History of the WWE title
..a few single PPVs like Backlash '04, which really only has Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley and The World Heavyweight Title Rematch from 'Mania XX [which is an awesome rematch.]

Stupid to have sold them but I needed the money at the time and figured I could watch the better matches on YouTube if I really wanted to, of course now I only have internet at school and it is disasterously slow.

I'm definitely planning on picking up Bret Hart's again, also Macho Madness, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but is it really that bad even for a Macho Man fan?

My list of favorite wrestling DVDs would be way too long, but if I had to pick a must have, I would go with The Spectacular Legacy Of The AWA. The documentary part of this two disc set is outstanding. This disc takes you on a ride through the rise and fall of the AWA, and you get to see how tough Verne Gagne was. He was VERY strict about his wrestlers not breaking kayfabe. They also get into the struggle between Hulk Hogan and Verne Gagne, and seeing Hogan in the AWA was so unreal. The match portion of this set is kind of weak, but I really did enjoy the Nick Bockwinkel VS Curt Henning AWA World Heavyweight Championship match. It was very entertaining and competitive. Although, this really is the only memorable match from this DVD set. Also, the second disc featured a good amount of Jesse Ventura promos, and I absolutely loved every single one of them. Ventura could cut some amazing heel promos, and he had a strong presence in front of the camera.

On a side note, I would advise anyone to stay away from the Undertaker 15-0 DVD. It is a HUGE rip-off. Not every Wrestlemania match is shown in it's entirety, and this is something that really pissed me off, because I was so excited to see Undertaker VS Triple H from Mania 17 again when I bought this DVD some years back, but they don't even show you the whole match. In fact, they cut right to the end of it. They do same fucking thing with Taker's match with Flair from Mania 18. I've always enjoyed both of these matches, and I was able to find other ways to watch them again and again over the years, but this is something that still bothers me. There are some matches where they will show you a good amount of footage, and some of Taker's Mania matches are shown in their entirety, but the bulk of these matches are the ones that were very underwhelming, or they were just horrible. Batista VS Taker from Mania 23 is the only high quality Mania match they show in it's entirety. If you want to see all of Taker's Mania matches, you should just but the Wrestlemania Anthology. That way, you'll be sure to see the bulk of the streak matches in full.

Just finished "The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment." For anyone that's a collector and even remotely a fan of The Rock, you gotta get this set. There's only one match I didn't really understand why it was included and that was a No DQ Match vs. Kane from a random episode of Smackdown. Seemed like one of those periods when Kane was used as a stepping stone for a lot of talent but The Rock virtually squashes him.

Couple of stand out matches off the top of my head:

-vs. Austin from 'Mania's XV and XIX.
-vs. Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle WWE Undisputed Title Triple Threat from Vengeance 2002
-vs. Eddie Guerrero from RAW. (Didn't remember this very well, but it was a really awesome match.)
-vs. Mankind from No Way Out 2000 Last Man Standing (I would've preferred The Last Man Standing Match from The Rumble from that year, but I hadn't seen this match and it was almost as good.)

The extras alone make the disc worth it, though. There's probably 20 of literally The Rock's funniest promos. Check it out.

I'm pretty into collecting dvds. I usually won't buy a PPV on it's own, but I love any collection dvds. My collection at the moment is up around 50 dvds. And a three disc set over here costs like $37 so for an unemployed guy like myself they're hard to buy on a regular basis.

But anyways, I would call these must-haves:
The Ladder Match (3discs)
Hell In The cell (3discs)
Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho (3discs)
Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses (2discs, or 3disc hardcore edition)
The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin (3discs)
The Best of the X-Division (TNA, 2discs)

There are many other great ones but these are all in my possession and they all are either just great sets or teach you a lot.

I don't suppose anyone has a region 4 version of The Rock's dvd that they can give away for free, do they? Shoot me a pm :)

Anyone who has not picked Rise And Fall Of ECW has obviously not watched it. It is so good i could honestly watch it and watch it again straight after.

Anyone who has not picked Rise And Fall Of ECW has obviously not watched it. It is so good i could honestly watch it and watch it again straight after.

Agreed, it is a magnificent DVD.

If you enjoy that one, pick up the independent release "Forever Hardcore", which is basically the same story but told by guys who are not on the WWE payroll, which lets you see their versions

Sabu speaks for the 1st time ever, and other guys on the DVD include

Raven, Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Francine, Pitbull Gary Wolfe, New Jack, Sandman, Todd Gordon, Gabe Sapolsky and many others.

There are some severe criticisms of the WWE from guys like Sandman who also has a pop at Kurt Angle for walking out of the ECW show when Raven crucified Sandman but did not have any concerns when Undertaker put Austin on his cross symbol a few years later.

New Jack also discusses the Mass Transit incident where he sliced open a young kid in the ring, and actually laughs about it! He is a sick fuck!

Terry Funk nearly starts crying when talking about the first ONS PPV and how he decided to do Hardcore Homecoming instead

It is for sale on Amazon for just a few bucks, definitely get it. You will not be disappointed.

I recently ordered Tombstone: The History of The Undertaker via Amazon and I have to say this collection may be my favorite. We're talking about his win against Hogan at the '91 Survivor Series. Hell in a Cell matches against HBK, Foley and Brock Lesnar. First Blood against Austin. Wrestlemania X-7 against Triple H. The legendary dive over the top rope against Michaels and half of the roster at In Your House: Ground Zero. 'Mania's XIV and XX against Kane. Buried Alive matches against Foley and McMahon and the list goes on. Almost every match, with the exception of probably vs. Cena at Vengeance 2003, is an A list match. I can't wait for a more of a documentary style DVD.

Greatest Tag Teams DVD that was released 2009. It's a great way to relive the lost art of tag team wrestling. It includes lots of great matches like Hart foundation vs. Rockers. Don't miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back