You Haven't Seen Every Mania???

It doesn't hold up. The main event is bearable I guess, but the rest is just weak 90s stuff. Oh and Roberts vs. Savage is great but criminally short.

I've seen them all. I've always had a soft spot for WM 6 because the Ultimate Warrior was my favorite wrestler when I was younger.

I've watched pretty much most of the Wrestlemanias. I can identify with X going to the local video store being excited about renting old and new VHS tapes of wrestling. I would be surprised if any video store today in business actually carried wrestling DVDs, especially the older ones. I haven't seen Wrestlemania 16 aka 2000. Wasn't the main event Big Show vs. The Rock. vs. Mick Foley vs. Triple H with a McMahon in every corner? Is that one any good?

I thought 16 was one of the weaker manias. The fact that there were no singles matches hurts it in my opinion. The hardcore match was terrible and a waste of time. Pretty much the entire card just seemed thrown together. Like I've been saying all along though as a wrestling fan you should watch it at least once. It's worth giving up four hours of your life for.

It doesn't hold up. The main event is bearable I guess, but the rest is just weak 90s stuff. Oh and Roberts vs. Savage is great but criminally short.

Tuesday In Texas was all about angles instead of action. Vacating the title and bring Savage back were huge. The action was weak but the storylines were big. This would have been a SNME if they were still doing those at the time.

I actually thought Mania 16 was alright. The triangle ladder match was great, as was the two fall triple threat match between Angle, Benoit, and Jericho. I also thought the hardcore battle royal was fun to watch.

The triangle ladder match was great. The IC/European match was pretty decent but it suffers from the same thing everything else on the card did. The storyline wasn't very memorable and seemed rushed. It just seemed like creative didn't know what it wanted that year. The main event was changed several times before finally settling on the four way. A four way main event just didn't seem right for mania. I really hated the hardcore match. 15 minutes was way too long and the wrong guy won. Not my opinion. Literally the wrong guy won.

I've only seen the last 11 seeing as I started watching when I was 6. I think I may go back and watch some of them at one point but to a newer generation a 35 minute grapple match doesn't seem appealing to a lot of them.

You know, this is something I'm not incredibly proud of admitting; not seeing every Wrestlemania I mean.. I might save abit of money up and buy the complete anthology.

From recent memory, I've only seen...

3, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26..
That's only because I own them on DVD though. :/

Not something I'm incredibly proud of and it probably makes me a terrible wrestling fan. :(

I've only seen the last 11 seeing as I started watching when I was 6. I think I may go back and watch some of them at one point but to a newer generation a 35 minute grapple match doesn't seem appealing to a lot of them.

I feel I have to correct you here. The early years of mania did not feature matches any longer than recent years. In fact (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I think HBK vs. Taker from WM25 was the second longest match in mania history behind the WM12 Iron Man Match. Usually the matches were shorter because there were a lot more of them. I will say the early years had a lot of filler that seems more suited for raw or even superstars than mania. It may seem unusual now, but that's just the way it was back then and seemed perfectly normal.

You know, this is something I'm not incredibly proud of admitting; not seeing every Wrestlemania I mean.. I might save abit of money up and buy the complete anthology.

From recent memory, I've only seen...

3, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26..
That's only because I own them on DVD though. :/

Not something I'm incredibly proud of and it probably makes me a terrible wrestling fan. :(

Don't be so hard on yourself. I know I said every true fan should see every mania but it doesn't make you a terrible fan if you haven't. Especially if you're younger. It's easy for me to say because I've lived through them all and was already a fan for almost all of them. I only had to go back and watch 1 and 2. The rest I watched as they happened. My point is we're all wrestling fans and I'm sure we all have nights where we have nothing going on. Last night I watched reruns of Family Guy and That 70s Show for three hours. If I hadn't already seen every mania I could have just as easily thrown in an old mania dvd instead. I'm not saying get caught up in the next couple weeks. As time goes by and you have a night where you're bored and channel surfing track down an old mania and give it a shot.

I have watched every major PPV in wwe/f since the first wrestlemania... An idea that people could also do is watch every anthology in order

such as:

Royal Rumble Then wrestlemania then the SummerSlam then Survivor Series

a great way to get caught up in wrestling history if your into that type of thing.. I still enjoy watching The Old days matches.. feuds and characters were great back in the day.. Oh and how could i forget .. Tag Team Division and the Title belts actually were booked to have pride in the belts and in the tag matches not just time fillers...

You really don't need to see every Mania in its entirety. If you're that desperate to feel informed, watch a couple of the early ones to see how much some of them can drag. Then do yourself a favor and skim through the rest for the obviously good stuff and let the remaining material rest in peace.

Also, ignore X. The Ironman really is shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back