Sin Cara Injured, Out 6-9 Months - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

Machianzo

WOOOAHHH-OH!
So at Survivor series we saw a potential botch by Sin Cara during a suicide dive. It looked like he tweaked his knee, and later the King said he could be out for up to six months. Obviously, while that is to be taken with a pinch of salt, if this injury is legit, it gives the WWE some major complications.

The biggest, what do with this new Hispanic stable they've been building? I like Hunico, and I really hope this doesn't impact him too majorly but...without Sin Cara, looks like he's headed to Superstars.

Then you've got Epico and Primo. Do they become the heel version of The Usos...tag team jobbers to build other teams?

Finally, what does this say for Sin Cara's career? Sin Cara was and still is a great acquisition by the WWE, but his first year has been one of the most disappointing I can remember for such a big star pre-WWE, while I'm sure I don't need to go into details, I bet the WWE management are kicking themselves for not organizing his debut better. Could this injury give him the time he needs to refocus and for the WWE to give him a new way to break through, or is this the death knell for his run?

So at Survivor series we saw a potential botch by Sin Cara during a suicide dive. It looked like he tweaked his knee, and later the King said he could be out for up to six months. Obviously, while that is to be taken with a pinch of salt, if this injury is legit, it gives the WWE some major complications.

The biggest, what do with this new Hispanic stable they've been building? I like Hunico, and I really hope this doesn't impact him too majorly but...without Sin Cara, looks like he's headed to Superstars.

Then you've got Epico and Primo. Do they become the heel version of The Usos...tag team jobbers to build other teams?

Finally, what does this say for Sin Cara's career? Sin Cara was and still is a great acquisition by the WWE, but his first year has been one of the most disappointing I can remember for such a big star pre-WWE, while I'm sure I don't need to go into details, I bet the WWE management are kicking themselves for not organizing his debut better. Could this injury give him the time he needs to refocus and for the WWE to give him a new way to break through, or is this the death knell for his run?

I don't remember Jerry Lawler commenting on how long he could be out, at all. Michael Cole announced what the injury was, it was a ruptured tendon in some part of his leg, but nobody gave an on-air duration of how long he'd be out for. How could they? They couldn't have medically checked him in the correct manner in such a short space of time.

Hunico and friends weren't doing much with him in recent weeks anyway, they're doing their LAX thing or whatever it is and haven't had much interaction with Sin Cara at all. Two will probably pair off into a team, Epico and Primo I imagine but not even that matters. What I was thinking of is, the chances of Mysterio, who said on Twitter is doing very well in recovery and wants to be back for Mania coming back and then Sin Cara being the one on the shelf. That'd be more disappointing seeing as everyone knows they want Sin Cara vs. Mysterio for Mania in April.

Let them check him correctly first. I'm sure there will be reports or "inside sources" headlines tomorrow, or maybe even now if you check some sites, but still, it may not be as bad as first presumed. If he is injured, so what. Let him recover and bring him back. Injuries happen, it comes with the territory of being a pro-wrestler.

And yes, he has been a fair disappointment so far. But he is nowhere near as bad as Ultimo Dragon was, cause Sin Cara at least has kept his job longer.

I'll be honest, I'm not buying this whole injured thing. Call me a cold heartless bastard, but a part of me is thinking that WWE is just using this as an excuse to ship Sin Cara off to developmental like they should have done in the first place. I will buy that he might have sprained an ankle but until I hear it from someone like Meltzer that's as far as I'll go.

Now, as for Hunico. Well, Epico and Primo can go for the tag titles for one, and Hunico can get himself over as a mid card heel, because right now he has ZERO heat. I can't take a heel seriously if the crowd doesn't. Seriously, they don't even make and noise to talk among themselves whenever he comes out. Just... silence.

As far as the Mexican stable goes they have not even had that much interaction with Sin Cara anyway, they will do just fine. After what Hunico showed us at Survivor Series it is pretty obvious that WWE is really behind the guy, and I can see why.

The real thing that may be affected directly because of this is his match with Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania 28. I highly doubt that Rey was so badly injured this past August that he would not be able to make the big event. However with Sin's injury there is a very small chance of that happening at this point. Such a pity because Rey is near the end off his career due to his injuries coming back to haunt him. Hopefully the match will happen before Rey retires, and who knows? Maybe the injury is not that bad and they will face off at Wrestlemania and have the epic awaited encounter. Sin Cara is one of my favorite superstars on SmackDown and I hope this one botch does not deprive him of the dream "Mysterio vs Mistico (Sin Cara)" match come April.

According to the official "WWE Insider" Twitter feed, WWE Superstar Sin Cara suffered a ruptured patellar tendon and will be out for six-to-nine months, following surgery to repair the injury.

The official tweet read as follows: "Injury Update: Sin Cara suffered a ruptured patellar tendon, and will be out for 6-9 months, following surgery."

Sin Cara suffered the injury after taking a bad spill onto the floor during the traditional "elimination match" at Sunday night's WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

Source - Wrestlezone.com

Well it's official. Tough break for the guy. He came off suspension not too long ago as well. He lost a ton of steam after being hyped up and debuting on a winning streak despite his excessive botches. Pretty safe to say his future with WWE doesn't look too bright.

Also don't count on the Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara match up to happen any chance now. I don't mind this much. I mean I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery, Cara just never did anything for me personally and I don't this as a disaster of any sort for the company.

I don't care at all for the Sin Cara character in the WWE. His feuds don't excite me at all.
However, I do sincerely hope that he recovers and gets back to doing what he does for a living. I'll pray for his speedy recovery.

I think the Mexican heel tag team faction can still do well w/o Sin Cara as their main rival though I'm not expecting much from them at all.

A botch move that led to an injury. How disappointing can that be. The first time I've seen Sin Cara, he botched a couple of moves and I say "alright he'll be fine because he is just new to this environment". But then week after week he is still botching moves. And now came survivor series, botched an outside ring dive and boom injured himself. So disappointing.

I'm dubious, purely because he wore the White attire again... you know the attire he only seems to wear when he gets 'injured' that and I think the prognosis surfaced way too quickly. He may of either needed surgery before this match and the wwe only just found out a day or two before or he's being shipped to developmental under a new masked gimmick.

Sucks for him. I'll hope for his speedy recovery. It especially sucks because he's just recently come back from his suspension. I'm pretty sure he's gonna be losing a lot of steam by the time he makes his return. This does make me wonder what's in store for Hunico though. It looked to me like his stable was set to feud with Sin Cara but it looks like those plans will be scrapped for now. Without Sin Cara around, Hunico is going to have to bust his ass in order to make the crowd give a damn about him because the guy gets virtually no reaction. Would've been interesting to see WWE once again go the route of putting someone else to replace Mistico as the Sin Cara character so he wouldn't lose steam. Ah well.

Looks like Hunico will be pulling double duty as Sin Cara again while continuing his program as Hunico.

It wont be the first time. Triple H picked him personally, and looks like he's injury prone like Triple H earlier in his career. Shame just when he was starting to take off... again he's out with an injury, or was it a wellness violation the first time. Its hard to keep track of these things

I'll be honest, I'm not buying this whole injured thing. Call me a cold heartless bastard, but a part of me is thinking that WWE is just using this as an excuse to ship Sin Cara off to developmental like they should have done in the first place. I will buy that he might have sprained an ankle but until I hear it from someone like Meltzer that's as far as I'll go.

Me neither if you actually watch the replay they showed, Sin Cara didn't even attempt to jump over the ropes he flipped himself over the ropes while still holding on to them then gently landed on his feet. Theres been a lot of rumors that WWE didn't book Sin Cara for any matches or fueds after Survivor Series im guessing that's the reason for his fake injury.

Shame just when he was starting to take off... again he's out with an injury, or was it a wellness violation the first time. Its hard to keep track of these things

They used an injury angle when Sheamus powerbombed him off the ladder at Money in The Bank so they could write him off for a month because of his wellness policy violation.

I'm not sure what to think about this. A completely ruptured patella tendon is one hell of an injury, and I'm guessing he'll be closer to the 9 month recovery then the 6. He's had problems with it before in his career, although I'm not certain as to whether or not he's had surgery on it before. If he hasn't, and this is the first, then the recovery process shouldn't be too severe, although it will be long. Sad for him, as he seemed to have finally acclimated himself to the WWE way of working, and was ever improving. The fortunate thing about this is he's not working a current program, so even if he was about to enter one, the direction of it can obviously be changed.

But best wishes to him in his recovery. It's a heck of an injury I wouldn't wish on anyone, to be honest.

Meltzer's already reported on it himself in his review of the show. It doesn't mean you're being cold here, WWE tries to pass so many things off as truth that are as far from it as one can go. But I think the injury is legit, as he's been improving in the ring, and he did spend some time(albeit abbreviated time) in Developmental before he came to WWE. It didn't look like a bad landing, so to speak, but injuries have happened before that seemed harmless, and they wound up being significant. Sadly, I believe that's the case here, or they wouldn't have put such an exact timeline on it.

well i think its fake.I also have seen the replay and he doesnt even really jump.I dont really understand why they did it.It could be a fiew things like:

1.They want him to learn american and to train in development.
2.They want him gone from WWE and they are waiting to cool his character of with WWe universe because a lot of people liked Sin Cara.
3.They want him in development till Mysterio comes back to go to Wrestlemania.

I think its number 2....

As much as I love Sin Cara, it's his own fault. You'd think he'd adapt more and lessen the botches by now. But I do wish him the best and a speedy recovery.
I'm more pissed about what will happen to Hunico and to a lesser extent, Epico and Primo now. They were a great stable and I hope they don't just fade away due to Sin Cara's injury.

According to the latest bit of news I read a few minutes ago, Sin Cara suffered a ruptured Patella Tendon. This is an injury that will require surgery and he's expected to be out in the vicinity of 6 to 9 months following the surgery.

Whenever I hear the word rupture, it just conjures images of something that's basically been obliterated from the inside out. Just a nasty sounding word. Tough break for Sin Cara and something that looks as though it's going to eat up most of 2012 for him.

Sin Cara doesn't botch, it's all the other wrestlers who can't adapt to his style. I've seen him in CMLL and NJPW and he had no problems there. This was his fault but I hope he gets back soon because the WWE is boring without him too me. I got back into it mainly for him.

This is not good. Sin Cara needs to recover so that he can be back in time for that potential Wrestlemania match against Rey. It looks like that might not be happening now. As for Hunico he will have to find another feud. I liked him as the evil version of Sin Cara but this character, not so much. Epico and Primo are likely going to be jobbing. Primo should be used to that by now as it's more or less all he's ever done other than winning the tag belts with his brother. Without Sin Cara I think these guys will all end up jobbing on Superstars because they are not interesting enough to make a memorable feud with anyone else.

Sucks that he's out as i thought they were building to a rey vs sin cara match at wrestlemania. did anyone else read about Vince wanting to break a record for most masks in one arena or something like that?

its a shame as i thought he was starting to improve in the ring and look a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back