• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Simple fun thread with WM on the horizon

shafe_41

DON'T HINDER JINDER
Here is a simple fun thread to get creative with since WM is coming up and the release of the LOWM video game is also coming up.

Just to keep things short, create 6 matches, with anybody from any era for a PPV card (or 6 match card) of your dreams. Obviously the era used for whoever is named will be that person in their prime of their career.

I think I'll kick it off with an obvious headlining match.
Triple Threat match for the WWE Title
- Hogan vs. Bret Hart vs. Austin

Sure Hogan wasn't the greatest of wrestlers, but his ego, his presence, and his charisma matching up with The Excellence of Execution and The Texas Rattlesnake...how can you get better?

Ricky Steamboat vs. Jeff Hardy

Two wrestlers who defined the high-flying offense of their eras squaring off together would be just...well...amazing

The Rock vs. Ric Flair

I mean... quite arguably the 2 most charismatic showmen to ever enter the ring in history meeting in the ring...nothing short of epic here.

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

This may have happened in some capacity (not counting WM22 in the Triple Threat match that included Rey Mysterio) but not that I can recall. Just another classic battle of two egos and varying styles of offense but both will take advantage of a mistake made by the opponent quicker than you can imagine.

The Undertaker vs. Andre the Giant

Now granted this wouldn't be the most acrobatic or athletic match... but in my eyes, these are the 2 greatest big men in the history of the game.

And finally... one that may make the ring kinda full... I want a classic Fatal Four Way match for the IC Title...because lord knows we need a good classic IC Title match like we've had back in the day.

Shelton Benjamin vs. The Million Dollar Man vs. HBK (the IC title years) vs. Mr. Kennedy

This is something I would personally like to see because they all bring something very different to the table. Their appearance, their offense, their tactics, their charisma, and just four of my personal favorites of all time. Yes Shelton is one of my favorites ever. He steals the MITB match every year with a spot more amazing than the previous year, and is arguably the most athletic competitor to step in the ring.

So there you go, here are 6 that I would personally love to see. Now let's see what everyone else has to say.

If all in their prime I think this "dream" Wrestlemania card would be very good. In pretty much all cases the matches have never happened in a direct singles (or tag in dudleys/lod case).

Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan
The two biggest superstars in the history of WWE (& wrestling) face off. It should have happend but never has and by the looks of things never will.

Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
The two very best wrestlers the industry has ever seen, no question. This really is dream match material and to see these to square off in their prime would have been an incredible spectacle.

Triple H vs Sting
This was a toss up to either Shawn Michaels or Triple H, could work with either. The gloss of the biggest company bod in WWE (thats why Triple H) verses thebiggest star to have never worked there.

Undertaker vs Goldberg
Goldberg has alot of doubters but I think this would be a great Wrestlemania match. Two superstars whose dominance has come from undefeated streaks with The Undertakers Wrestlemania record and Goldberg original main event status came from his 149-0 (or whatever it was) unbeated run.

The Rock vs Randy Orton
Intriguing as they are both 3rd generation wrestlers, has marque value due to that. Wouldn't be a classic but would be a big match none the less.

Dudley Boys vs Road Warriors
Without any shadow of doubt in my mind, the two greatest tag teams ever. From slightly different eras but in both of their primes would have been the best tag team rivalry ever and would be a stand out match on any Wrestlemania.

dudley vs rock and roll express vs hardys vs lod tlc match undertaker vs andre in a casket match beth phenix vs fabulos moohlah steve austin vs hogan vs bret vs sting world title kurt angle randy orton and hhh vs ric flair and arn anderson and dusty rhodes vs jbl in a biggest tits in the company match lol

my wrestlemania dream card would be

Match 1 ECW extreme rules match RVD vs Sabu vs Jeff Hardy

Match 2 Big Show vs Andre the Giant vs Undertaker

Match 3 Money In The Bank Ray Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston vs John Morrison vs The Miz vs R Truth vs Matt Hardy

Match 4 TLC Edge vs Christian

Match 5 WWE TITLE Rock vs Hogan vs Orton Vs Austin

Match 6 World TITLE HHH vs Angle vs AJ styles(I hope he jumps ship)

Hmm Austin v Hogan would be the biggest match ever, and id love to see Angle v Hitman. Anyway heres mine, a lil different from the others.

Stone Cold v Ministry Undertaker-best rivalry ever

Bret Hart v Y2J-submission

Randy Orton v Ultimate Warrior-kill that legend!

Rock v Edge

Masked Kane [classic] v Abyss- cage

Mankind [classic] v Sting- hardcore

HBK v Angle-i know its been done but damn i loved that match

Hogan v Flair

MVP v Mr Perfect

New Age Outlaws v Hardyz

Wrestlemania as always really been about the main event. They did Rock/Hogan. They missed on 3 possible big match main events. Austin vs Goldberg, Austin vs Hogan, and Hogan vs Flair. All of those matches at some point could have happend and been huge matches but alot of BS basically prevented them all which is a shame.

WrestleMania Dream Card

Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan

Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
Submission Match

The Hardys vs Road Warriors
World & Wwe Tag Titles

Kane vs The Undertaker
Buried Alive

Jimmy Snuka vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston vs Booker T vs Chavo vs Tajiri
Money In The Bank

Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
Entertainer Of The Ages

Scott Hall vs Kevin Nash vs X-Pac
The Kliqs Steel Cage

Sting vs Triple H
Wwe Title

Linda & Shane vs Stephanie & Vince
For The Wwe

John Cena vs Batista

The Big Show vs Andre The Giant
Monster Mash

Main Event: Hulk Hogan v. Ric Flair v. Bret Hart v. Stone Cold in a 60 minute 4 Man Iron Man Match
i don't know if Iron Man Matches can be with 4 guys, but you have 4 tremendous wrestlers, whether via talent or build up

6. Edge v. Christian v. Matt Hardy v. Jeff Hardy for Smackdown's Heavyweight Championship in a TLC
based off of what's been going on on Smackdown recently, and some hopes i have for Christian to still return as Jeff's attacker (but looking like that isn't the case)

5. Andre the Giant v. The Undertaker
two great bigs, oh yea

4. Battle of the Companies, 4 Way Elimination Tag Match
WWE: Triple H and Randy Orton (who better to represent the WWE)
WCW: Goldberg and Sting (who better to represent WCW)
ECW: RVD and Sabu
TNA: Dudley Boys (ok, maybe they aren't known as TNA, but can't have a tag match without them)

3. Kurt Angle v. Brock Lesnar in an amateur wrestling match
Olympic Champ v. NCAA Champ. we've heard rumors that this happened backstage. How about we see it for reals.

2. Mick Foley v. Terry Funk in a Hardcore Match
i didn't start watching wrestling until 2001, so i've always wanted to see Mick in his prime. who better to face than his mentor in this match

Opening Bout: MITB: AJ Styles v. Samoa Joe v. Shawn Michaels in his youth v. Razor Ramon v. Shelton Benjamin v. Chris Jericho v. Chris Benoit v. Eddie Guerrero v. John Morrison
9 tremendous talents put together, wow. i know MITB isn't 9, but i remembered Morrison afterwards and couldn't decide who to take out.

Dark Match: The Rock v. Kane and Tommy Dreamer
Rock abandoned the business for Hollywood and ignores it, he gets the Dark Match and the loss against two hard workers who haven't gotten enough due.

My dweam WM25 line up would be finals of knockout competitions where previous winners of EVERY WWE title that can still walk competed against each other.Seeding based on the last time you held the title.
.No better time to do it when youve got a roster dying to get on the Grandaddy of all PPVs ,& a HoF line up who wouldnt mind OnE last go & damn the doctors & a special SPECIAL WM to do it in.
In reality,somebody,d be missing,say no,or ,soil their legacy by jobbing & every finalist would probably just so happen to be ON the current roster.& natch,this idea is MuCH easier to do on the PlayStation .But as you say,just for fun,& to dweam,,,.

WWE Championship
Hulk Hogan(c) vs Steve Austin

World Heavyweight aka WCW Championship
Ric Flair(c) vs Sting

ECW Championship (Extreme Rules 5 Man Elimination Match)
RVD(c) vs Tazz vs Sabu vs Tommy Dreamer vs Sandman

Intercontinental Championship
Bret Hart(c) vs Shawn Micheals

Undertaker vs Bruno Sammartino

WWE Tag Team Championship(TLC Match)
Edge and Christian vs Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz vs Londrick

Bret Hart vs Santino Marella

Hulk Hogan vs Santino Marella

Sting vs Santino Marella

Ric Flair vs Santino Marella

Shawn Michaels vs Santino Marella

501 man battle royal
Everyone from the PWI years top 500 list vs Santino Marella

Main Event for the WWF Title
Hulk Hogan vs Steve Austin

It's on the top of the list for many wrestling fans. And I don't even want "in his prime" Hogan. I want Wrestlemania 18 Hogan, where fans knew it was the end of the line for him, and went even nuttier for him.

Intercontinenal Title
Bret Hart vs Chris Jericho

Along with Michaels and Henning, two of the four greatest IC Champs of all time. Two Canadians with loads of respect for one another, two great technicians who could sell moves and hit near falls like nobody else.

Match #3
Big Van Vader vs Andre the Giant

Imagine the two greatest Superheavyweights of all time (Vader #1, Andre #2) in a pay per view spotlight? Holy hell, it'd be a classic. 1993 Vader vs Wrestlemania 1 or 2 era Andre.

Match #4
Shawn Michaels vs Randy Savage

Michaels and Savage are two of the greatest feud sellers of all time. Both men made you legitimately believe their feuds, and went the extra mile to tell a story that got you emotionally involved. Both men were smaller high-flyers in a company dominated by Hogans, Warriors, Lugers, and Cenas. Awesome.

Match #5
Triple H vs The Ultimate Warrior

This is odd, considering the fact that these two had a Wrestlemania match. But HHH jobbed to Warrior, and it was shit. I am talking Wrestlemania 6 and 7 Warrior vs Wrestlemania 16 and 18 Triple H. Two powerhouses, and loads of flashbulbs going off.

Tag Team Championship
The Brainbusters vs Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect

Flair. Arn. Tully. Curt. Just let them give me a 30-minute mat wrestling clinic, please. It'd be epic.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - Fatal 4 Way
The Rock v John Cena v Stone Cold Steve Austin v Hulk Hogan

- Possibly the 4 biggest names to come from wrestling in a main event at wrestlemania for the WWE title would be so fucking good.

IC TITLE MATCH
Shawn Michaels v Triple H

- I'd love to see these 2 go at it, also it would be nice to have the IC title involved in a really good match!

TLC MATCH FOR THE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES
The Hardy's v Edge & Christian v The Dudleyz v John Morrison & The Miz

- The three tag teams that created TLC and possibly had the best tag rivalries ever and include the best tag team of today and it would be a classic memorabl match.

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH
Shelton Benjamin v Evan Bourne v Primo v AJ Styles v CM Punk v Kennedy v Umaga

- These guys are some of my favourite mid carders who could really shine in this match, we know Shelton is amazing in them and AJ Styles is the only guy on TNA i like...

IRON MAN MATCH FOR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Kurt Angle v Chris Jericho

- I think these 2 could put on one hell of a show, especially at somehing like a Wrestlemania.

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
Kane v The Undertaker

- I just love these guys battling it out and a first blood match would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back