• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sig making.

Well, after contemplating for awhile I decided to try mske a sig.

I'd like to ask people what they think, and whether I have a future or not.

jrr87k.png

Simple backround, obviously i didnt do it.
Red font, which i dont like, but I didnt want colours clashing.
And the cutting is pretty shodding, ive never cut anything out before though.

What do you think?

cool. I like that bacgkround and it fits well with the vest. I would have changed the color of the text so it would all go smooth together because red seems like the odd color there. Other then its really good for your first one. I was terrible when i first started and I just practice. Not saying yoru terrible by any means but just use colors that flow together and match. One thing I see alot of new sig makers do is have a red background with a red font. Do a font that you can read easily with colors. Don't forget about borders as well. Good Job though. Like i said i like that background and how it fits well with jericho.

cool. I like that bacgkround and it fits well with the vest. I would have changed the color of the text so it would all go smooth together because red seems like the odd color there. Other then its really good for your first one. I was terrible when i first started and I just practice. Not saying yoru terrible by any means but just use colors that flow together and match. One thing I see alot of new sig makers do is have a red background with a red font. Do a font that you can read easily with colors. Don't forget about borders as well. Good Job though. Like i said i like that background and how it fits well with jericho.

Thanks fuel, I did change the font to whit which suited better but I uploaded the wrong one. But thanks for the feedback, gives a guy some confidence. ! lol

It's not bad but one thing I will say is that you are wasting your time if you are cutting out your renders by hand. I do it only when I need to and there is literally no other render available. It is far too scratchy looking when you try and do it yourself. It just so happens that I am a beast when cutting things out but when you are just starting, you are probably best trying to get pre-cut renders to use.

www. PSD-dreams.de is a great site to use for any multitude of renders that you will be using.

Another piece of advice I will give you is try and create your won backgrounds. You might think it is difficult but it is actually rather easy. Go ahead and type "signature tutorials" into Google and you will come across some great tips to help you come along with your techniques.

Best of luck.

Well I decided to take Dave's advice and went with a ready cut render, its still not the best cut though. Is this better. I really like it suprisingly. The colours are nice, maybe the yellow is a bit much.

nz5d9w.png

I feel that that latest one has a lot of potential if you fix up a few things. First, I think the canvas should be much smaller. 400x200 seems to work for me and other sigmakers. That way the text can fill up more space and there would be less dead space, provided you keep the text and Orton renders the same size. Second, the yellow is nice, and I think it may work well, but I wouldn't mind seeing it dark red instead, to semi-match the background. Last, I can't really tell if you put a border or not. You should, even a single pixel one, because it ties the graphic together.

Overall, not bad at all considering it's your second. There is definite room for improvement but you have ideas on style down pat.

Well I took another attmept to make some sigs. Still not great as I just cant get a hang of paint.net, so I am forced to use Paint, yes paint.
Firstly I amde a Rey sig. Simple marble/plasma backround, Rey render which I left partially out of the sig. Oh, theres a border too. I kinda like it.
2lwlxjq.png

Next is a Cody rhodes sig. Yeah its nothing special, but this was more about being able to get renders in position and not looking shoddy.

5lujyf.png

What do you think?

I see definite improvement here, Burnout.

Well I took another attmept to make some sigs. Still not great as I just cant get a hang of paint.net, so I am forced to use Paint, yes paint.
Firstly I amde a Rey sig. Simple marble/plasma backround, Rey render which I left partially out of the sig. Oh, theres a border too. I kinda like it.
2lwlxjq.png

It's admittedly simple, but it works in its favor and makes this the best piece you've made. The "pop-up" effect is nice, and the font really fits.

The colors are simple, but again, as an overall piece, it works.

Next is a Cody rhodes sig. Yeah its nothing special, but this was more about being able to get renders in position and not looking shoddy.

5lujyf.png

What do you think?

Meh, it's okay, but something isn't clicking. I think the blue, complex background is colliding with the plain, yellow font.

The subject also needs to feel more a part of the signature.

It is good, though.

Instead of using paint, you might want to try gimp. Its what I've been using and its free. Its no where near as good as PS but still pretty good.

Also, I have to say that I favor your cody sig the best probably. However you might want to play around with different colors and font types on the text. (which by the way I always find the hardest thing to do). Other than that I see a big improvement from the first.

Thanks for the feedback. The second aint great is it. lol
Doc told me to spruce up the Randy Orton sig, Itook his advice and wow, I love it.

The Red text goes well with the backround, the render of Randy is much better and from PSD Dreams. I love it!

11vs01g.png

Feedback, anyone want to use it?

Now, I have moved on from paint, to Sumo Paint. It is a great little free non-downloadable sig maker. It seems way more user friendly, considering even I can use it. For my new batch of sigs, I decided to make my own Backrounds, Like Dave said. I went witha ripple effect in both.

2n1wftf.png

I went with a pretty dark look for this. Black and grey backround under ripple effect. One render of Christian with a darkened contrast. Grey font to tie in with the grey feel. I really like it. Feedback?

sec9lc.jpg

This was my first tester, learning the ropes of sumo paint. Again, Ripple effect with red, purple and orange. White text, abit of dead space in my opinion. There was a border, but it didnt upload.
Feedback?
So, I feel Im improving thanks to advice from everybody, Heck, maybe someone will wear one of my sigs in the future!

These are my last for a while. Daniel byran sig with a variation of the wording. Again a red/black ripple backround. Enjoy.

iqkhkw.png

Now, the same technique with Kofi kingston. Exact same except different colours.

vvmlc.jpg

2ry2ijl.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back