• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sid Vicious

Sid was way intense, had a good build and had a diabolical laugh.

Also he owned a pair of scissors...

Win baby...WIN!

Jeff Hardy has a terrible reputation as a spot monkey, but over the last 5 years or so, he's truly evolved to be a fairly decent wrestler, in the way HBK devolved as a wrestler. Both are tremendous at selling an ass-kicking, and can really make their opponents look good, but both struggle to have credible offense.

Jeff Hardy literally jumped off a Ladder for 4 PPVs in a row. But I wouldn't call him a spot monkey. More like a spot recycler.

The same Jeff Hardy whose 2007-2009 smokes most of what Kurt Angle's done in TNA? You sure?

Yes, I'm sure. Positive actually.

Jeff Hardy's 2007-2009 is a spot monkey's showcase. He became so tremendously over with the WWE Universe because of his propensity for jumping off things, the higher the better. No storytelling, no cohesiveness. Just jumping from higher and higher vantage points.

Not a fair assessment to compare him to Angle over this time frame. Jeff Hardy 2007-2009 was in WWE, where any skills he had the potential to display could be displayed in a high profile manner to the world. Whereas Angle spent this time in TNA, where, to put it politely, he doesn't have the same profile and visibility.

Put Kurt Angle back in the WWE in 2011 (hypothetically, not to say this will ever happen), and he will likely trump anything Hardy can offer. Especially in terms of storytelling and promo cutting. Not necessarily in spot monkey showcasing, but definitely in terms of everything else.

Yeah, I can't wait to see Kurt Angle have that one match of his in the big leagues again. That'll be novel for the first month or so.

Yes, I'm sure. Positive actually.

Jeff Hardy's 2007-2009 is a spot monkey's showcase. He became so tremendously over with the WWE Universe because of his propensity for jumping off things, the higher the better. No storytelling, no cohesiveness. Just jumping from higher and higher vantage points.

Not a fair assessment to compare him to Angle over this time frame. Jeff Hardy 2007-2009 was in WWE, where any skills he had the potential to display could be displayed in a high profile manner to the world. Whereas Angle spent this time in TNA, where, to put it politely, he doesn't have the same profile and visibility.

Put Kurt Angle back in the WWE in 2011 (hypothetically, not to say this will ever happen), and he will likely trump anything Hardy can offer. Especially in terms of storytelling and promo cutting. Not necessarily in spot monkey showcasing, but definitely in terms of everything else.
But he already did that from the confines of TNA. Angle/AJ > Punk/Hardy easily. Both guys actually devoted themselves to put on a match. On the other hand, Punk drove the match, Hardy jumped off the ladder.

I'm inclined to believe Hardy is better now than back then simply because he doesn't jump off a foreign object every month.

Honestly, what is with you people and powerbombs?

I hit powerbombs on people all the time and they never get the pops that Sid got. What's up?

AJ vs. Angle is the most overrated match series I can remember and Jeff Hardy isn't better now than he was in 2009.

Somebody explain to me why jumping from something tall is seen as the kind of spot that makes someone a worse wrestler than one who uses ten Ankle Lock and Olympic Slam spots in match. Right now.

AJ vs. Angle is the most overrated match series I can remember and Jeff Hardy isn't better now than he was in 2009.

Somebody explain to me why jumping from something tall is seen as the kind of spot that makes someone a worse wrestler than ten Ankle Lock and Olympic Slam spots in match. Right now.
One involves wrestling maneuvers the other one is just a stunt? :shrug:

Барбоса;2574607 said:
It might be a stereotype but considering I am British, like most stereotypes, it is not incorrect.

Drinking some tea right now as it happens... Rip-roaring Saturday night ahead

I thought you were an Aussie from another thread.

And I like tea too and I'm definately not British.

Seriously, are my powerbombs less over then Sid's because I can't pull off the leather jacket?

This question has been eating away at me for years.

If Hart and Angle are spot monkeys, then Hogan is the spot gorilla. I don't think anyone would call him a spot monkey. Hart and Angle, much like Hogan, use a lot of the same moves at the end of their matches, but they get to those endings differently. Big differences between formulas and spot monkeys.

Some people doubt if Hogan was a wrestler at all. Not me. But I guess you have to be a wrestler to be a spot monkey/gorilla/chimpanzee.

Aren't humans next on the evolution chain btw?:lmao::lmao:

It's nothing short of downright foolishness to suggest that Bret Hart or Kurt Angle are spot monkeys. I think X must be just screwing around with people here, because I know for a fact he knows better than this.

As Sly points out, a spot monkey is exactly that, someone who jumps around from high spot to high spot, with no cohesiveness or storytelling. Jeff Hardy, love him or hate him, WWE or TNA, is the ultimate spot monkey. Cannot pull off a storyline to save his life, as in time we'll see with this attempt at a heel turn. No mic skills, and no forethought or flow to his in-ring action. Just holy shit moment after holy shit moment to shock and thrill the crowd until his next holy shit moment. Crowd goes nuts over some high risk manoeuver, and when the crowd starts to settle down, he decides, "oh no, I'm losing them, time to find something else to jump off."

Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, and many others are very repetitive in their in-ring styles. And that's OK because it's consistent repetition of quality. NOt OMG moments for OMG's sake.

Why aren't we talking about RVD or John Morrison when we talk abuot spot monkeys?

I know that Sid didn't get his powerbombs over on promos, that's for sure.

I give marvellous promos and my powerbombs still get a mid-card pop. I don't know what else to do, I've tried everything.

Jeff Hardy has a terrible reputation as a spot monkey, but over the last 5 years or so, he's truly evolved to be a fairly decent wrestler, in the way HBK devolved as a wrestler. Both are tremendous at selling an ass-kicking, and can really make their opponents look good, but both struggle to have credible offense.

You call HBK vs Undertaker from Wrestlemania 25 as devolving?:wtf:

In response to the RVD/JoMo thing, that's probably because Kurt Angle's only got two things on Van Dam, neither of which are in the realm of storytelling, and because John Morrison was one of the best workers in either WWE or TNA last year.

In response to the RVD/JoMo thing, that's probably because Kurt Angle's only got two things on Van Dam, neither of which are in the realm of storytelling, and because John Morrison was one of the best workers in either WWE or TNA last year.
He was also the second coming of Shawn Michaels and the top pick to win the 2010 Royal Rumble.

A gold Medal and some suplexes?

Name one great Jomo match other than his match with Mysterio. His match with Sheamus was too small and terribly overrated
First of all, why can't "small" matches be great?

Second of all, did you miss his work against Punk, Bourne, Ziggler, and Hardy or his tag matches against Los Colons, Rey/Michaels, and Punk/Kofi? Not all of it's great, but it's enough to suggest Morrison is criminally underrated at this point and one of the better workers that the WWE has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back