• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sid Vicious

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Why is he so popular? Be it in ECW, WCW, WWF or the NWA, this guy gets absolutely ridiculous pops. His promos make zero sense, his matches are usually bad at best and comical at worst, but I'm watching a show now and there's a HUGE We Want Sid chant. These same things would happen in ECW and occasionally in WWF. What is so awesome about him? I like him to a degree but I've never understood this.

Like you don't try to decipher Sid, you just watch at his awesomeness.

[YOUTUBE]DsqA4w9IbeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Be careful, you might not be able to handle the prosperous 'pro wrestling' vibe of that video.

People love big stupid muscleheads. Oldest rule of wrestling, film, and television and basically any form of entertainment.

Plus he was kind of badass during his 96-97 WWF run, he was one of the first real tweener characters in wrestling. I still remember the huge pops he got when he beat HBK at Survivor Series '96, which was actually a DAMN good match.

Because the man was a good pro wrestler. He had good charisma, he WAS a larger than life character (not playing one, he WAS one), and when he was in the ring, you believed he was really hurting his opponents.

He had the look, the charisma, the believability and personified pro wrestling. Why WOULDN'T people like him?

Because the man was a good pro wrestler. He had good charisma, he WAS a larger than life character (not playing one, he WAS one), and when he was in the ring, you believed he was really hurting his opponents.

He had the look, the charisma, the believability and personified pro wrestling. Why WOULDN'T people like him?

^^^ This. Nothing else to say really.

Don't be silly Slyfox. You know you have to do a backflip to be considered a "real" wrestler.

I have never, once, in my entire fucking life seen a single solitary person on the internet say that a wrestler sucks if he can't do some kind of flip. Ever.

Where the fuck are people getting this supposed IWC stereotype from?

Sid was one of the few reasons that I still watched WCW in 2000. He had the bad ass personality and he was alright in the ring. Plus, I love the powerbomb so that was a major reason why I like him.

I have never, once, in my entire fucking life seen a single solitary person on the internet say that a wrestler sucks if he can't do some kind of flip. Ever.

You're kidding right? Not only have I seen it on multiple forums, the IWC prejudice against guys who DON'T do "fancy" moves, like moonsaults and the like, should hit you like a Peter North cumshot to the face.

You're kidding right? Not only have I seen it on multiple forums, the IWC prejudice against guys who DON'T do "fancy" moves, like moonsaults and the like, should hit you like a Peter North cumshot to the face.

I've never once seen someone say that you suck as a wrestler if you can't do flips. Not on this forum, not ever. If you have, feel free to show me.

I think people need to realize that you are ALL a part of the IWC. If anything the most popular opinions on the IWC these days is that John Cena is awesome and the WWE is on the right path, pushing young guys. Hardly the stereotypical smark shit that's always regurgitated about flippies.

I've never once seen someone say that you suck as a wrestler if you can't do flips. Not on this forum, not ever. If you have, feel free to show me.

I think people need to realize that you are ALL a part of the IWC. If anything the most popular opinions on the IWC these days is that John Cena is awesome and the WWE is on the right path, pushing young guys. Hardly the stereotypical smark shit that's always regurgitated about flippies.

Its the "I dont like Nirvana" theory at work, methinks

Seriously guys, show me examples if it's so rampant. Find me all of these people saying you suck if you can't do a 450 splash or some shit. You're going to be looking quite awhile.

Its the "I dont like Nirvana" theory at work, methinks

What theory is this now?

Pretty certain I've seen it on this one, but not in a while. Then again, I don't visit the wrestling sections as much anymore. But I know I've seen it on other forums.

I think people need to realize that you are ALL a part of the IWC.
Well, no fucking shit? :shrug:

But there's a difference between the majority and the minority. And the majority are completely ignorant to what constitutes quality wrestling.

If anything the most popular opinions on the IWC these days is that John Cena is awesome and the WWE is on the right path, pushing young guys.
:icon_neutral:

Not sure where you're getting that from. This forum is probably the most prolific in that kind of thinking, and even here, at best, it's 50/50.

Calling it now - In 3-4 pages time we might as well merge this thread with the "Wrestling spam zone heated debate".

There's about a bazillion people (okay, waaayyyy exaggerated) on this forum who are TNA fans who think Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin are "real" wrestlers. I can't remember the last time they had a match that had no less than 20 set spots. And what were those set spots? Ok. One of them prolly had a kick to the face, but everything else was flip-tastic.

:shifty:

Someone is an angry panda.

What theory is this now?

Me and you created it together :lmao:

You know. Your so anti anti anti, that you actually DONT like Nirvana. Its like the sub cult to the cult.

Same thing with saying WWE is good, and Cena is an excellent wrestler. People dont actually belive it, they just want to look smart. Once something begins to reach a point of mass popularity, it becomes the new cool smart thing to go in the opposite direction.

There's about a bazillion people (okay, waaayyyy exaggerated) on this forum who are TNA fans who think Alex Shelly and Chris Sabin are "real" wrestlers. I can't remember the last time they had a match that had no less than 20 set spots. And what were those set spots? Ok. One of them prolly had a kick to the face, but everything else was flip-tastic.
While we're at it, I want to play.

Doing flips doesn't make someone a spot monkey. Back from whence you came, you Wade Barrett loving trollop.

I really, really wish Cena could do a 450.

b3pxco.jpg

Is it just me or is Gabriel like really adorable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back