Should TNA Sign Heyman? *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Paul Heyman should go to TNA, I feel that he would be used better there. There's a lot of veterans from the wrestling business there, and they're a very liberal organisation, whilst WWE is pretty much a McMahon and Clique dictatorship. I'm glad that its been done off screen though, because I don't think that they should shatter Paul Heyman's dignity by having Vince McMahon scream "You're fired". That would annoy the hell out of me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd feel that way. I'm sure that other fans, critics, wrestling veterans - especially ECW originals would all feel this way.

As much as I dislike Vince McMahon in doing so, at least he's allowed Paul Heyman to have his dignity, which I must say is quite surprising. He probably didn't want an ECW Original rebellion on his hand, ECW wouldn't be ECW if all the originals left due to Paul Heyman's public humilation, it would be even more of a propped up WWE product than it already is. Even with Paul Heyman's dignity not completely in pieces I can see some ECW Originals being angered enough to leave, possibly to TNA - especially RVD who's wife chanted TNA at December to Dismember.

i think that at the time mcmahon decided to dismiss heyman but i'm not too sure if he's gone forever. i noticed that on ecw.com there's a poll on which statement expresses the feelings of the fans. the majority of the votes are with rvd which states that ecw might go in a horrible direction. so i think once the poll closes and mcmahon notices the huge demand for heyman's vision that mcmahon just might see what the people truly want and decide against firing heyman. they haven't necessarily fired heyman, all they're stating now is that he's dismissed for the time being. if heyman was fired then they would do the "wish him well in his future endeavors" closing.

WWE do usually do that, but I'm not sure whether he's gone for good or not. JR mentioned in his blog that he hopes that Paul Heyman will be successful in whatever decides to do, so it was ambiguous as to whether that meant after leaving WWE or whether that means in regards to whether he stays or not, I think it was the former.

Hopefully he'll go to TNA, I'm sure his skills would be used in a much more productive way without Vince McMahon's tyrany.

This whole angle could be a crock of $hit. Or, McMahon could be looking to air dirty laundry on Heyman and make sure everyone knows (particularly the WWE audience who has always hated him) that he's no longer associated with ECW. Either way, ECW is tripping over its own feet week in and week out. The booking decision for the PPV were some of the most idiotic decision I've ever seen. Either this is planning to be a "worked shoot" angle that they feel will hopefully generate interest into a sinking ship, but I also don't think Heyman or any of the other ECW originals are proud of what they're involved in. Hell, I'm ashamed and I just watch the stuff.

Apparently, the booking decisions (and the decision not to announce half the matches) were McMahon's idea- he wants to start doing them all that way, or something. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Princess being back from Maternity leave. I'm not sure how Heyman would get along with Russo...

Well if Vince McMahon wants to start digging his own metaphorical WWE grave and shove himself in it then he should go for it. One of the biggest reasons why ECW Disember to Dismember was unpopular was the pure booking decisions, the fact only 2 matches were announced officially, and the fact that the official merchandise showed incorrect booking. If Vince McMahon is going to be indecisive in regards to booking matches, then he shouldn't have merchandise produced advertising matches which are incorrect.

Paul Heyman and Russo have different styles, especially since Russo's Christian conversion has influenced his decisions in terms of his angles and that he called his old work "sick". I do think that Paul Heyman could work with the more extreme end of TNA's roster, possibly even launching a Hardcore Division. A good amount of their roster is talented in the hardcore arena, and Paul Heyman knows how to be extreme by second nature - whether that be in storyline developments or match ideas, the guy is a genius pure and simple.

A few months ago I would have said no to Heymen but now that they have Russo I'm 110% for Heyman joining. Anybody would be better then Russo IMO.

Apparently, the booking decisions (and the decision not to announce half the matches) were McMahon's idea- he wants to start doing them all that way, or something. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Princess being back from Maternity leave. I'm not sure how Heyman would get along with Russo...
Stephanie's return is the big catalyst in Paul's demotion, I bet. She had him 86'ed from the Smackdown creative squad some time back and I know they mix like oil and water. In the end, McMahon is dumb enough to allow her or his idiot son to try running the company in its entirety, so I wouldn't doubt Steph having the stroke to get Paul's ass booted outta Stamford at the drop of a hat. The problem is that McMahon never wanted ECW to outdo the other brands but get by just enough to be liked by the WWE fanbase so that they had a third brand to help squeeze market share away from TNA each week. Face it, with unlimited WWE money and Paul E. steering the ship completely with zero restrictions? ECW would've trounced the others by a landslide. Heyman knows how to get twenty dollars of production out of ten dollar athletes. McMahon was dumb enough in the interim to let ECW back into Hammerstein to try and please the legit ECW fans, and it backfired worse than New Coke. This is why they began piggy-backing ECW tapings with Smackdown. McMahon can't control a crowd of smarks so he's avoiding them like the plague.

A few months ago I would have said no to Heymen but now that they have Russo I'm 110% for Heyman joining. Anybody would be better then Russo IMO.

Agreed. Russo is more about nonwrestling skits than anything, having Heyman would balance out the show. You could try to throw in Bishoff and have those 3 run TNA for a while, as long as Russo is kept in check they could really help TNA by puttint together good matches and good storylines.

I think the combination of the three would make for one hell of a product. They are each good at one thing. Russo is good at scripting and being able to draw heat and pops much easier than the average writer. Heyman can book solid wrestling very well (especially when he doesn't have interference from a ******** like McMahon). Bischoff is a keen businessman who would really understand how to package the product and handle the marketing decisions of the company. Plus, these three guys were responsible for igniting one of the biggest business-wide booms in recent history.

I think the combination of the three would make for one hell of a product. They are each good at one thing. Russo is good at scripting and being able to draw heat and pops much easier than the average writer. Heyman can book solid wrestling very well (especially when he doesn't have interference from a ******** like McMahon). Bischoff is a keen businessman who would really understand how to package the product and handle the marketing decisions of the company. Plus, these three guys were responsible for igniting one of the biggest business-wide booms in recent history.

These three together would be incredible, but you have to wonder whether they could ever get along. And I really think Bischoff doesn't get enough credit. I've been downloading old WCW Nitro shows from 1996/1997 (mainly to relive some old memories) and he was actually a fantastic writer. The whole WCW product was so different to anything else I have ever seen. It was very reality TV and all the main happenings were covered over and over by the commentators in a newslike manor. It was almost like watching CNN at times and it worked well. I forgot how well-booked Nitro used to be. If only Bischoff hadn't got carried away!?!?!

This would not only result in the creation of a brilliant product but would also get so much attention purely because you have the brains behind the big three all working together at TNA. Bischoff could be brought on TV as the new boss which would be huge!! Anyone up for another round of McMahon v. Bischoff??? Coz I fkn know I am.

And Heyman would also be good on TV (for the interim especially). He could spit fire about McMahon and how he killed ECW. But behind the curtain is where they would really shine. If they could work cooperatively and channel their ideas into a succinct and coherent vision, TNA would be untouchable.

Bischoff is very underrated as he had some great ideas (however accidental some of them were). He understood the marketing side of the game very well and saw opportunity where others didn't. He practically re-invented WCW overnight by removing them from the redneck arenas filled with power-drinkers who didn't even know what county they were in, to Disney of all places and changed the feeling of the company. His roster moves were good, but I don't feel he really found the proper flavor of the company until 1996. I could tell the overall feeling and mood of the product was changing. He was having cruiserweights become a prime focus and was hell-bent on re-invigorating the tag-team division. Even before the NWO became an issue. I still remember watching the preliminary matches of the WCW Cruiserweight tournament that saw Ohtani take the inagural strap. It was awesome watching import talent and other juniors that you'd typically never get to see stateside. Malenko, Jerry Lynn, Ohtani, and eventually Rey and Psichosis. It was a great time that I'll never forget. The only problem Bischoff had was favoring certain talent instead of keeping his gameface on and looking out for the product instead of helping out his buddies or in Nash's case, letting him steer the ship altogether.

Never liked the fat ugly bald eagle greaseball anyways Heyman will be back again to WWE how many times did he walk out like a child pouting and shouting and was called back! I think Eric Bischoff should in fact head 2 TNA with HEYMAN that would be the best shock McMoron will ever get !
I already know Big Slow is heading to TNA and RVD is also is heading there!
Soon to be followed by Stevie Richards,Tommy Dreamer and SHannon moore lol he should ve stayed in TNA

Forget about all of the backstage mumbo jumbo for a second. Jim Cornette makes a horrible on-air authority figure. It's hurting the company. I'd rather see The Brooklyn Brawler with that position than Jim Cornette. Bring in Heyman and give him that role and just let him give suggestions to the writing team. If his suggestions work out then he could take a bigger writing role. All I care about is getting Cornette off of the god damn camera.

^I understand your reservations about Cornette as I feel he was much better as an annoying manager-type. However, I'll take his rapid-fire delivery and solid speaking skills over the previous TNA personalities like Erik Watts, Dusty Rhodes, or Larry Zybysko. I'm probably the only one, but I think Shane Douglas has the mic skills to be the authority figure in TNA.

I think that TNA should sign Paul Haymen for a creative writer but for an authority figure id love to see Kevin Nash. The PCS is one of the funniest things I have seen in wrestling in a long time he would be the perfect DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back