• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should they turn Orton?

Orton is in definite need of a heel turn and at what better pay per view for him to turn heel at, than at TLC? Orton could cost Sheamus the World Heavyweight Championship or after Sheamus wins the World Heavyweight Championship, Randy Orton comes into the ring slithering into the ring from behind, and he's behind Sheamus and Sheamus has no idea what's happening. Sheamus turns around right into an RKO and then Orton goes into that other place where he hears voices in his head and he then proceeds to punt Sheamus' skull right off his shoulders allowing Ziggler to cash in his MITB briefcase on Sheamus

Orton then puts Sheamus on the shelf, and since Sheamus is like the top babyface right now, that would give Orton instant heat

I wouldn't mind seeing him turn. I've read that he is quite receptive to the idea as well. He has a good evil,possessed look to him at times. It would be interesting to see him as heavyweight champion feudin with Ryback or R-Truth .

Does the viper character work better as a heel? Yes.
Does Orton seem to be more comfortable as a heel? Yes.
Can Orton pull off portraying a believable heel even while a good protion of the crowd still cheers him? Yes.
So what's the problem?
Why are they delaying a heel turn??

The problem with giving into Orton's pouting wishes to be turned back into a heel is that there aren't enough over babyfaces for the company to sell. Four out of every five truly interesting guys on the roster is a heel.

If Orton turns who does he feud with?
Sheamus? Okay that's a good start, it would be intriguing to see that feud again with the face/heel dynamic reversed. That would make for a good three-to-five months of booking.

Who else? Miz? Please. Miz will never be over enough as a face to make an extended program with Orton viable for more than one or two PPVs.

Who else? Ryback? Any feud involving Ryback over atleast the next year or so has to be booked to keep Ryback looking strong as possible. How could they pull that off against Orton? One of the guys in that feud will come out looking weaker than they did going in. Why turn Orton just to make him look like a weaker competitor?

Then who? And please don't say Cena, because '07-'09 called and he wants to kill himself if he has to watch that again.

Kofi's not ready for that spot. Guys like Truth and Mysterio are best served as mid-carders at this stage in their WWE careers. So what then? A fairly quick face turn and build to the main event for someone like Rollins or Reigns before the crowd ever truly gets the chance to get invested in them?

The only way this even has a chance to work is if you can truly give a top of the card face turn or mega face push to a guy who could be ready for that spot by maybe mid to late 2013. And that would be who??

My only solution to try and make this work is... let Team Hell No play-out, and then push Daniel Bryan into that spot. Daniel Bryan could easily be transitioned into the number two babyface role in the company. He's already hugely over and he has already been world champion, and feuded for the WWE championship. Bryan could be a worthy foil for Orton. Atleast between him and Sheamus the WWE creative team would have several months worth of quality opposition already built-in by pursuing two long feud between those two and Randy. Maybe by then the company would have adequate time to build more believable babyface opponents for the Viper.

Yes, Turn Orton heel, ever since he turned face, he has been looking incredibly week and they should set up an Orton-miz feud, I can imagine it would be great

When Orton returns from his dislocated Shoulder which I heard from PWI Insider from the recently taped Tribute to the Troops, should he come back to Smackdown and go back to the boring gimmick, WWE has given to him.Some Wrestlers are just more confident more as Heels than Faces and I never truely was into Orton as a babyface.I thought he was more known as a heel that even goes back to his days feuding with Undertaker and papa Orton on Smackdown.Remember at one point, Orton on Raw as WWE Champion tearing apart everyone who came in his way.I know Orton can reach that level but I think WWE should let go of the reigns on Orton, but WWE is afraid he's such a popular guy, they are not sure if they have someone on Smackdown to take his spot what are you thoughts on the future of the Viper?

Absolutely. When Randy returns he needs to go back to being the despicable, slimy, maniacal sadist that he was in the past. He needs to go back to getting personal with his feuds. He last few feuds were forgettable at best and weren't allowed to get to the depths his character needs. The viper thing doesn't bother me, but it's simply not a face persona.

Hype his comeback as a face. You open Raw and Zach Ryder and John Cena are talking to Randy saying they're excited to have him back and in their corner tonight against the Shield. Randy smiles and all seems well.

The match gets underway.And the finish comes when Cena takes out Reigns, while mayhem breaks out in the ring. Ryder's getting his ass beat by Ambrose and Rollins. Just then Randy comes in and clears house. Ryder Gets up brushes himself off and calls for the Rough Ryder. The crowd erupts.

Finally as he runs toward a woozy Rollins, Randy hits the RKO on Ryder... And brings back the boot to the head, destroying Ryder. While Reigns is keeping Cena occupied outside, Rollins capitalizes as Orton walks toward the back, leaving Cena and Ryder to be demolished by the Shield and Orton on the top of the ramp with a smirk on his face.

The next week Randy explains his actions and is says that while he was injured he had realized how soft he had gotten. He says he won't let that happen again. Then at some point he has to RKO Ryder's mom haha

This gives Ryder something to do and Randy a "Fan Favorite" to torment.

Whatever happens he needs to come back and turn if he wants to remain relevant in a pool of seriously talented and hungry newcomers.

BTW: This is my first post, so thank you guys for havin' me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back