Should the Ultimate Warrior be inducted into the WWE hall of fame?

I personally say why the hell not. I mean it is not like the WWE hall of fame is anything more than a reason to have another show, it has not merit nor any purpose other than to hype up Wrestlemania. Bob Barker? is one of many stupid and pointless people that have ZERO wwe Merit so why not add a werido, that at least put fans in the stands.

Warrior should be in the pro-wrestling HOF. Vince's HOF isn't an honor, it's simply the Vince McMahon Legend's Kiss My Ass Club.

That being said, what on earth would compel Warrior to even agree to this HOF? Of all the talent that was making huge paycheques in that era, Warrior was one of the few who didn't piss away all his money. He's also got other sources of income now. There is no real need on his part to go in to the HOF.

And look at what WWE did to him. They made and marketed a video about what a crappy wrestler Warrior is and how he was nothing without Vince making him. And after being made by Vince, the video goes on about how he screwed them over. If that's true, then why would they even ask Warrior to appear for this HOF? I think Warrior has more integrity than to accept any prize Vince throws at him in order to get him to lower himself by appearing.

Vince, HHH, Dibiase and everybody else who buried Warrior should first formally apologize for libeling him and offer him restitutions. In addition they should produce an honest and accurate portrayal of Warrior and market it. Even after all that, they better offer Warrior quite the payday to agree with it.

And if that were to ever happen, it shouldn't happen on the same HOF as Savage. Savage should and must be the headliner. And Warrior should be a headliner too.

Bob Barker? is one of many stupid and pointless people that have ZERO wwe Merit so why not add a werido, that at least put fans in the stands.

Yes, Bob Barker has no WWE merit...neither does Betty White, Clark Gable or Charlie Chaplin. What are you talking about?! You seem to be confusing the Hall of Fame with the era of guest hosts on RAW...

Come on, WWE, please induct Warrior, Savage, Rude and Jake. We can't have Jeremy Piven and Florence Henderson in there alone. :wacko:

I thought maybe you meant Bob Backlund, but then your lack of merit statement wouldn't make sense.

Another wonderful HOF discussion where people flip out over facts that are only true in their own minds.

Simply put, yes.

You should always ask yourself one question when considering whether to put someone in or not: can you tell the story of professional wrestling without mentioning this person? If the answer is yes, then they don't belong. Warrior definitely belongs.

I'm hoping this turns into a situation like Bruno where he does it for his fans.

Fans? All respect in the world to Bruno, but he did it for the money.

For a hall of fame that doesn't mean shit to anybody because everybody in it was good at some fake shit or pretending to like some fake shit, sure, the Warrior deserves a spot. He was one of the biggest stars of an era.

In reality, it doesn't really matter. If he gets in, great, if not, then no biggie. I'm pretty sure the Warrior himself neither wants nor needs it, and I'm pretty sure the E doesn't either.

It's only some overly nostalgic fans that care, and their voices/dollars don't matter enough to the E to make it happen.

I'm hoping this turns into a situation like Bruno where he does it for his fans.

Bullshit. Pure bullshit. Bruno did it for the money. Being a retired pro wrassler that nobody under 30is even knows/remembers doesn't exactly pay livable wages.

It's called professional wrestling for a reason.

Warrior should definitely be in the WWE HOF. he held the IC and World Titles when both were still very prestigious and important. in fact, he was the first person -- and only one of three -- to hold both titles at the same time.

his matches at Mania 6 and 7 were highlights of the show. he won the World Title from Hogan by pinning him cleanly in the middle of the ring and then "ended" the career of Savage the next year. so he had some pretty big moments on the grandest stage of all.

you can't compare Warrior to any celebrity already in the WWE HOF and say that Warrior deserves in just because (for example) Donald Trump and Drew Carey are in. however, you can compare Warrior to other wrestlers from his time period. with that said, Koko B. Ware is in fact in the HOF, so Warrior definitely holds up.

personal feelings aside, from a professional standpoint, Warrior should go in the HOF. which then leaves me with three questions:

1. does he headline the class, co-headline, or just get tossed in the shuffle?
2. who inducts him?
3. how do you guarantee that this guy doesn't rant for hours during his acceptance speech? or blow up everyone and everything in the company?

let's not forget... Warrior doesn't just have problems with Vince. he's got problems with Trips too. so Hunter may have more difficulty winning Warrior over than he did Bruno.

Should he? Definately!!! If a jobber like Koko B. Ware is in the WWE Hall of Fame & guys like Abdullah that never even performed for Vince K. McMahon are in there, then a former WWF Champion & the guy who Hogan was supposed to "pass the torch" too, by all means should be in the Hall of Fame!!!

Do I personally think he should go in or Do I think WWE will induct his??? those are COMPLETELY different questions.

I personally don't care much at all. I never liked Warrior & always thought he was a complete joke, even as a child. I think guys like Savage, Owen, Jake Roberts, Bulldog, Pillman, etc. are all WAY more deserving than Warrior & I would much rather see all of them go in first.

Do I think WWE will induct him? If they do it will be after he dies most likely, which is sad to say but realistically Vince & Warrior are known to have a bad relationship & honoring Warrior & paying him to show up at the HOF just doesn't seem like a buisiness move I could see Vince making. WWE will probably wait till they don't have to pay him or pay to use his likeness, if they ever induct him at all.

Does he deserve it? on merit yes. but i feel like there is a list of guys that no matter what happeed they would never get in and he is on that list, guys like Benoit,scott hall, jake roberts, eric bishoff, lex lugar, and sting. all are more than deserving of a spot but vkm and wwe would never ever have it

As far as what most people want the WWE Hall of Fame to be, yes, Warrior should be in. He was a huge name that was very popular and very successful. The HOF induction ceremony is another wrestling show meant to draw attention and sell tickets. Inducting Warrior would accomplish that. Once the tickets are sold WWE tries to promote the event as a night of honor, dignity, and respect. That’s where we run into a problem with Warrior.

Not many people in the wrestling business respect Warrior and he doesn’t seem to respect anything about the business. Who is going to induct him and what would that person say about Warrior? “He was an egomaniac that didn’t care about the business or the fans but he had a great look, was popular for about four years, and made a lot of money.” Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Seems like Goldberg should induct him. What is Warrior going to talk about during his acceptance speech? Who is he going to thank? What kind of feel good stories is he going to tell? Most inductees worked hard for years to pay their dues and then had many more years of success at the top. They have a lot of good stories to tell and the fans appreciate their years of hard work and dedication. Warrior was pretty much instantly pushed to the top and didn’t last there for very long, comparatively speaking.

None of this has to be an obstacle for Warrior getting inducted. This is professional wrestling we’re talking about. It’s a business based on fiction. Whoever inducts Warrior can easily give a short speech to build him up. If Warrior keeps his speech short and honest the fans would appreciate it. If they make him the headline name and try to force stories some kind of long feel good story the fans will see through it and call bullshit.

I think it’s really up to Warrior himself. I’m sure Vince and company would be willing to extend an olive branch for one night to sell some tickets. Warrior would simply have to agree to be respectful and keep his grudges to himself for the night. The problem is Warrior has never been one to keep his opinions to himself. Although one last payday may be able to do the trick. If Warrior realizes what the night is about and understands it is not a forum for his to shoot his mouth off there’s no reason he couldn’t go in. WWE gets to sell some tickets, Warrior gets one more payday, the fans get to see one of their favorites one more time, and everybody goes home happy. Seems logical, right? Too bad ego often overcomes logic.

Great post Brain and you do make some very good points. I myself couldn't think of who can induct him. He really has no close friends in the business. If he ever is inducted, he shouldn't be the top act, but because of his ego he would want to be or else he won't do it. Also like you asked, what exactly is he going to say? I can't imagine him wanting to talk a lot about his wrestling career. But when jobbers like Koko B Ware(and I like Koko, but HOFer he is not) and people who never even wrestled for wwe get inducted, it's a no brainer that he should be in it.

I think Warrior should be in the Hall Of Fame! He was one of the top stars in the WWF in the Golden Years in the late eighties and early nineties. He was a two time Intercontinental Champion and one time WWF Champion. He was the only guy to beat Hulk Hogan cleanly in Hogan's WWF stint ('84-'93). With those accomplishments, I think he deserves to be in!

I don't know he will be inducted though, with his bad history with Vince and alot of the wrestlers. I saw something last year, he said that if Vince want's him in the HOF, Vince had to apologize to him. But, Bruno and Vince made up, so never say never.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back