• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I Possibly Buy the Forums?

It's a bad idea. Here's why,

1. it's on Crave's servers, as proved by the fact that when the main site fucks up, this does too. Moving things around servers often causes them to fuck up. If you bought the site, you'd have to buy the server space or your own servers too. I have no idea if you have the room for servers, but even if you do, do you have the technical nous to look after them? Crave has almost certainly got fulltime employees looking after their servers.

Alternatively, if you kept it on their servers, where is there motivation to fix any technical issues? They have no vested interest in the site.

2. The vast majority of people sign up to these forums based on going to the main site, Crave would have absolutely no reason whatsoever to promote the forums. You could advertise elsewhere, or pay them to advertise on the site, I'm sure, but advertising lsewhere won't generate hal the traffic, and they will want to promote their own outside websites on the main page.

3. With all due respect, do you know anything at all about dealing with advertisers? That is the only way this site makes any money, and if you don't have the contacts/knowledge of how the business works, you could end up being taken for a ride or without sponsors.

3. With all due respect, do you know anything at all about dealing with advertisers? That is the only way this site makes any money, and if you don't have the contacts/knowledge of how the business works, you could end up being taken for a ride or without sponsors.

Good job I'm here.

When you're owner, can I have your mod spot?

And advertising revenue might be enough to at least contract out help if there is server trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back