Should I buy my girlfreind a star?

One day, an advanced alien species is going to master interstellar travel, fly here and want an answer as to why we've been taking possession of their stars.

Did the girl say she wants a star for Christmas? If so, then get her one, if she didn't, then don't. Get the girl what she wants, and that will ensure you of getting a chance to pee in her butt.

If you've been together, say 8 years, buy her one that is 8 light years away. Though, if you've been together less than 4 years, that doesn't really work, unless you buy the sun.

Also, ain't no gases in stars, fact fans.

:shrug:I think it is not worth!

www.nfljerseys.hk.com [only pay $21.99]a good place to get double stitched NFL,NHL,MLB,NBA,NCAA jerseys from Chinese factory directly, large choice, 100% qualtiy guarantee for you! Very low price, extremely high quality!

www.nfljerseys.hk.com Welcome!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I always question the legitimacy of these things.

Yeah, you have named a star after your Girlfriend but who is to say that whomever is running it has that authority and more over, who is to say that they don't sell it to someone else down the line without you knowing?

I always question the legitimacy of these things.

Yeah, you have named a star after your Girlfriend but who is to say that whomever is running it has that authority and more over, who is to say that they don't sell it to someone else down the line without you knowing?

Exactly this, I haven't read the full thread but naming a star after your gf when Zorg of planet Nimbus has already names the star after his girlfriend may cause some problems!

I don't understand the appeal of just about everything a woman wants. I say "just about" because I sorta understand the appeal of sexual gratification. But the rest? I'm a complete dullard.

On a completely different note, if we look at this as an investment in galactic real estate, it's an extremely wise investment seeing as we'll be jumping ship in the next few decades.

Naming stars is a scam. Make a certificate yourself on the Paint program on your computer or something. But don't spend actual money on that shit.

It's not a scam, it will genuinely go in some catalogue somewhere as one of the names for that star, just not one that anyone uses. Take this star:
200px-Betelgeuse_star_%28Hubble%29.jpg

It's called Betelgeuse, but it is also known as other snappy names like: α Ori, 58 Ori, HR 2061, BD +7° 1055, HD 39801, FK5 224, HIP 27989, SAO 113271, GC 7451, CCDM J05552+0724AP, AAVSO 0549+07. There's millions of stars, and thousands of catalogues, so naming a star after someone doesn't mean anything in real terms, it is a nice gesture though.

Lets be philosophical about this. If you buy her this star, will she truly own it?
And the normal down to earth answer would be yes, its something that sounds romantic, why not.

OMG THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

*Ahem* I mean ,that's an awesome idea it'll totally get you laid:icon_cool:

EDIT: But remember,you're setting the bar pretty high with this, you won't be able to top it until you bring a ring into the picture.

OMG THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!

*Ahem* I mean ,that's an awesome idea it'll totally get you laid:icon_cool:

EDIT: But remember,you're setting the bar pretty high with this, you won't be able to top it until you bring a ring into the picture.

Ha!

I relaized doing this would probably mean its ring time. I'm a little young though.

It's a wonderful idea for down the line,but for now you might wanna stick to a more material gift. Give yourself room to flesh out and get creative with presents further down the line.

Not sure how this happened, but I clicked reply and it posted in the "Unstoppable" thread a few links up.. but just from my point of view, my girlfriend would shit on me if I bought a star for her. She doesn't even like flowers because she thinks they're a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back