• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I Be Pissed?

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
Ok, this is a bit of a rant, so if you don't want to hear it, feel free to move along.

I'm currently a junior in college, and am living with four other guys in a townhouse. We used to pitch in for food and cleaning, but now I find myself more or less taking care of everyone in the house. I live with Theater kids, and they were performing a rendition of the play Machinal. They promised me as soon as that was done, they'd make more of an effort to help out. And while I understand they're busy, should I be pissed that I'm more or less making sure the house is food, and is clean? I guess it really isn't that big a deal. Just irritates me a bit.

Tenta, most people don't know this about me, but I am an arms dealer. You want them to take you seriously? You have to give them a reason to. Make them your bitch. Just send and envelope filled with oh, $1000 USD and I will send you the tool of power.

Isn't the sale of contraband online illegal? Especially if this will be crossing borders.

All the authorities will know is you are getting a nice new couch:)

I just told my mates we'll be getting a futon for the house. Hmm...

So Tenta you are constantly buying groceries and keeping the place clean?

More or less. I mean, it's not even that difficult to clean. If you eat from a dish, you clean it. They don't even do that

I'd be pissed. If you eat from a bowl, you clean it. That's your rule. It's really not that hard to do, and they're not doing that.

So, be pissed.

I've had the same problems with former roommates. At the same time we were all really close friends prior to being roommates. It almost damaged our friendship. My best piece of advice is to be honest while trying not to be a dick about it, which it seems like you've done. When the play ends, just make sure you're still on them about it. I never understood why someone couldn't just rinse off their dish and maybe throw it in the dishwasher either.

It doesn't seem petty at all. College kids are never flush with cash, and spending more than you have to makes it all a struggle.

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Never live with theater kids. They always have something going on that serves as an excuse to not work.

You should have just looked out for yourself from the start. i got on with my four flatmates just fine, but we are all responsible for our own food and cleaning. If someone isn't pulling their weight in that situation, it is easily noticeable and you can have a word with them. Number one priority to you is yourself, and always will be.

If you're living together with a bunch of people you all have to agree to certain things. Now for everyone that may be different. For instance, my wife expects me to take out the trash as part of our social contract.

Now, the reason problems like yours occur is because you haven't made an agreement upon who's responsibility is who's. And generally, the most responsible and most kind person will end up doing most of the work unless it's already been assigned who does what. I've seen that a lot.

Now some people just like to do more work than others. And if that's so, then so be it. But I think that you and your roommates need to work out exactly who's responsible for what, so that everyone knows what's expected of them. And if they can't uphold said responsibilities then they shouldn't be living with other people.

You should be angry and should tell them to pick up the slack or you'll get pissed.

I hate lazy people how hard is it to clean your own plate ? Give them an ultimatum of some kind because you can't keep getting pushed around.

I'm in a dorm room with 3 other kids and two of them didn't do shit so I held onto the toilet paper for a while and only used it when I had to go let's just say they got the message.

I'd be pissed.

Taking care of four other grown men that aren't related to you at all? Hell yeah man, be pissed.

I say look after yourself, forget them, if they can't be asked to help let them fend for themselves, they're gonna have to do it sooner or later

Hey Tenta.

If I was you I would just leave whatever the stuff they use dirty and only worry about myself. Sooner or later they are going to stop taking advantage of you and do something. Maybe that's the problem. They see you cleaning things so they won't do it because they know you'll be right there to do it. And if you do my plan and it doesn't work out then you should probably find somewhere else to live.

Hey Tenta.

If I was you I would just leave whatever the stuff they use dirty and only worry about myself. Sooner or later they are going to stop taking advantage of you and do something. Maybe that's the problem. They see you cleaning things so they won't do it because they know you'll be right there to do it. And if you do my plan and it doesn't work out then you should probably find somewhere else to live.

Eh, that doesn't really work. That's what I tried doing. I didn't want to get into an argument with my friends, so that's what I did.. They didn't even notice. They ended up thinking I was just leaving my dishes in there too, so they got mad at me and ended up confronting me about it! In the end, being upfront and straight with them was the best way, IMO.

I'm disappointed in you, GD. I thought you were going to say "Kill them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back