• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus- Moved to Raw way too early.

If Sheamus has HHH backing and doesn't pull a "Kendrick" He will shine on Raw. he's A huge dude, Well built. Good Hair. lol ok his hair is pretty funny, but he's an above average worker and since he is so new, he can be heel, face, whatever. let him find his Niche on the big show. He'd be a perfect feud for Swagger, Big American v. Big Irishman. I think Sheamus could really shine on Monday nights.

Reactions: gd
Yeah I think Sheamus has solid potential as well I just want to see how they plan on developing his character he is a ghost to the Raw crowd.

But as long as he has Triple H's support he will be given his chances that's for sure after all everybody knows Triple H is a wrestling genius :rolleyes:.

With Triple H backing, what could go wrong? I think if he stays focused and doesn't go over his boundaries he'll be ok. He's still new enough where he could tween a bit, but him as a heel is quite nice and he's got the look to be a force in the WWE and especiall on Raw.

I highly agree Sheamus has a lot of potential and I'd love to see how he will be able to work the crowd whether as heel or face. Its all going to depend on how they want to form his charecter.Hopefully they've learned from past mistakes.

I think this could actually end up being a stroke of genius. Sheamus has had two feuds with seasoned pros on ECW, and come out of both looking pretty good. He's evidently going to have "ended" Jamie Noble's career too, to boot which has given him pretty instant heat. The main events for Survivor Series serve to show how delpleted the main event scene is with Edge out, DX together and Hardy having left, so they need some people to step up a level. Kingston is on his way, and I imagine either Swagger or Miz will be next, which leaves a void for a new face to go there. Sheamus has shown, to me at least, that he's pretty good and that he's better than the other viable options in Masters and Carlito, so it makes absolutely perfect sense to sed him accross.

I don't anticipate him winning a title any time soon, but moving him when they did avoided the potential momentum crushing failed ECW title bid that awaited him had he stayed after beating Shelton. They didn't move him when he wasn't ready, they moved him while he was still a hot commodity.

I see tons of potential in Sheamus. His look is quite unique, he is a huge, built specimen, and his mic skills are above par. But, just like all new members of the Raw roster, he is a work in progress. Therefore, I hope that none of the readers on this forum are going to start the "Push Sheamus" threads anytime soon... I highly doubt that he'll be wearing gold until at least after Wrestlemania. In the meantime, however, if he keeps up his current mean-streak, he's sure to get noticed and garner attention from the fans. That powerbomb on Noble last night was absolutely brutal and I'm sure it will be remembered for a long time coming.

This Sheamus guy is just another bad Gimmick. I am sorry to say but his but his in ring skills made me barf in my mouth a little bit. He looked like just another big guy without wrestling skills (which seems to be a problem in the WWE). I wanted to change the channel so bad, but I forced myself to give this gimmick character a chance. His over all look sucks. Who wants to watch a pasty white ginger with bad hair? Then it is a squash match too over Jamie Noble professional squashy. I am sorry but this is not going to work (IMO).

The attack last night on Noble was pretty badass, and should solidify his place as a monster heel. RAW has needed one since they decided against the Knox push, and Sheamus is perfect for the role. He's big and strong, and not bad on the mic, and would work well in a few mid-card feuds.

I know Noble isn't much to decimate like that, but he did say he would end his career, and appears to have done so. Solid offense throughout the match/segment...

I didnt expect his time in ECW to end either, they never really finished his feud with Shelton Benjamin which had good potential. All I know is that if he is gonna continue to powerbomb people I will tune in. Noble may never wrestle again, for that PBomb definately did some damage and his career was all but over anyhow. Sheamus could have done this move with less impact and kept Noble intact, but apparently chose not too, landing him high on his shoulders with full impact on the outside. At the least Noble got the wind knocked out of him or broke a rib by the sounds he was making (which seemed to be legit). There is a reason why you dont see this done very often, because it is and was brutal!! I like Sheamus's finisher as well, but not sure I like his look.Sheamus should be a midcard contender for the next 3yrs or so if he is used properly. Sheamus needs to face more credible opponents and he needs to lose here and there to build his morale and character. Last thing I want to see is Sheamus run ruffshot all over Raws roster. If Sheamus puts out good showings in losing efforts against Kofi or MVP it could open some eyes.

I hate playing fantasy booker, but here's something that I think would work wonders for Sheamus, as well as revitalize a veteran who has been floundering on Smackdown since getting transferred there. It's a feud I'd definitely be able to get into, and it would be a lot of fun to watch:

Last night, we've seen a side of Sheamus that they really didn't delve into during his ECW run. Sheamus, in addition to having an awesome unique look, and a really good moveset with a brutal finisher (The Irish Curse), as well as having a backstory I really like, with him being the descendant of Celtic Warriors, decimated Jamie Noble. The way he destroyed him showed that he has no remorse, and that he's focused on destroying whoever is in his path. Now, it's been alluded to that Sheamus is very proud of his Irish heritage. What they should do is eventually lead us to a match where he takes on Chavo (who has been slowly teasing a face turn), and Hornswoggle gets involved, helping Sheamus win.

Sheamus doesn't take kindly to this. He likes taking care of his opponents himself, and he especially doesn't like the fact that he won thanks to Hornswoggle shenanigans. Sheamus proceeds to destroy Hornswoggle, much like he did to Noble. Sheamus defends himself following the brutal attack, stating that he's the descendant of Celtic Warriors, and that he's proud of his Irish heritage. What doesn't make him proud is the stereotype of leprechauns, and always getting drunk, and the usual Irish stereotypes that we see that are portrayed. He sees Hornswoggle as a prime example of what sets back the Irish, and he beat him up to prove a point.

This takes Finlay out of the midcard purgatory that he's been in on the Smackdown brand. Hornswoggle is his son, and he has to avenge him. This leads to a bitter feud between the two that could most definitely be awesome. Finlay and Sheamus would have some great brawls if given the opportunity. It would also give Sheamus a way to get over on Raw, while the rest of the midcard guys that they're starting to push (i.e. Bourne, Kofi) are protected by doing their own thing.

Triple H stated in interviews that Sheamus has the right attitude. He shows up to shows that he's not even scheduled to work. He trains with Triple H on the road, and he's always wanting to go above and beyond. Sheamus is going to be huge, and I think he's got a great shot to be a World Champion in at least three years.

I like Sheamus. I was impressed when he came to ECW. I wasn't terribly impressed by his first match against Noble, but found it impressive and well done when he did the second match. Either Noble was actually hurt or just sold it very, very well. Someone was screaming, possibly from the crowd, to do the powerbomb when the match looked over and Noble was already well crushed. It was a nice touch, as was the agonized noises (real?) from Noble afterwards. Internet reports are that Noble will be out for weeks with back pain.

Which actually benefits the otherwise ignored Noble since now people noticed him I suppose.

Anyway, in most interviews, Sheamus professes a dislike for Hornswoggle and Finlay, saying that they make Ireland look bad. If one wanted to add more to it, Finlay has a claimed origin in Northern Ireland and not the Irish state itself (Sheamus' claimed home).

I think so far ( i cant really have a concrete opinion since hes only been on the show for 2 weeks) that hes been made good use out of. I think feuding him with jamie noble for a while is good, keep feeding him jobbers for a while then move into the lower mid card. I think the only reason that he was moved to RAW so quick was because Triple H is high on him.

The reason he was moved to Raw so quickly is because Triple H loves the guy. He works out a lot on the road with Sheamus and he sees a lot of potential in him. Personally, I think its too soon for me to have an opinion on whether he's moved to Raw too early or not.

I think the guy has a great look. He looks, sounds and seems kind of different and I do dig the fact that Raw is doing more with younger guys. After all, one of the most common complaints you hear about Raw on this forum is that they don't do enough with the younger guys on the roster. As of right now, I think it could be a good idea to feed him jobbers and let him get sort of built up. If they really want to get him over as the latest tough guy on the block, then I'd like to see him get really brutal with the competition. Powerbomb guys through tables, go medieval on somebody with a steel chair, etc. Just start slow with the guy and try not to shove him down anyone's throat.

Reactions: gd
Sheamus isn't half bad. He's different from your typical monster heel and is decent enough in the ring. His mic work is fine as well, any type of accent will get you some good heat and USA chants. Plus, his entrance music is badass.

The midcard is a little crowded on the heel side with Miz, Swagger, Legacy, and the likes, but I'm sure there will be something for Sheamus to do. He can just go nuts injuring people and reaking havoc left and right, possibly get into a feud a decently high profile guy like MVP. I wasn't too high on Sheamus when he first debuted, but he's grown on me a bit.

I'm actually pretty optimistic of how they'll use him

Guy's got the presence to him and has a mean streak in him. Having HHH's approval won't hurt him none either.

Dear Other Internet Pro Wrestling Fans,

We love Sheamus, and that's cool. We like the look, the music is killer, and he seems to have a good aggression about him. But here's the thing: When he comes out, the crowd reaction is less than zero. Now, I know Vince will push a guy to high hell without a crowd reaction, but I don't see that happening with poor old Sheamus. He may get a nice little program with someone half-decent that culminates in a match Dave Meltzer will simply term "disappointing," but after that he will find himself on the bread line with Umaga and Mr. Anderson. I'm sorry to have to tell you like this, I hope we can still be friends. LOL. OMG. LOL.

- Concerned For IWC's Mental Health

Sheamus has only defeated jobbers on ECW. I think for the next couple of months he will beat some jobbers, brief fued and go back to ECW. Bad move by creative, this mistake could ruin Sheamus because the fans will lose intrest in him and he could end up like Mike Knox. He really has had no good matches.

Sheamus has only defeated jobbers on ECW. I think for the next couple of months he will beat some jobbers, brief fued and go back to ECW. .

That's one of the problems with ECW. Aside from Christian, and perhaps - arguably - Regal, there's nothing but jobbers and new blood. Sheamus ran a half way decent program with Golddust during his ECW stint, one where old Goldy actually looked pretty good too. Then he had a decent series of battles with Shelton Benjamin. I'm not sure what else there was to have Sheamus do in ECW. They skipped the obligatory loss to Christian that Zack Ryder and Yoshi got, but what was left in ECW? Injure the Hurricane? Get hit with a frying pan by Tommy Dreamer? Kidnap Burchill's "sister" to avenge himself on the English? (Well that last one, or a series of battles with Regal and his goons might be okay programs if he does get dumped in ECW again.)

I'd actually trust HHH's instincts on this, since one of the stated attributes of Sheamus is that he's a good worker. He actually shows up and can be counted on. That's not always a given in the world of wrestling. Since HHH isn't stupid, he knows that a few years hence he'll be running WWE (DX isn't going to last another 10 years, and Vince might not either when it comes to working a hard schedule). That leaves HHH and the Mrs running the company. With an eye towards the future, HHH is simply trying to build some fresh talent, despite all the heat that he gets for keeping people back.

I don't find Seamus interesting at all. I don't see him as having any mic skills and his matches at the moment are lackluster at best. He should have definately stayed in ECW for longer, develop his skills and then maybe work his way up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back