• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booking 101 with Orton/Sheamus...too predictable!

I completely agree with the predictability of the WWE although I have to think there is the possibility of a tweak at work here. The constant bitch fest between the Jizz....uh, I mean Miz and Sheamus is leading me to believe there is something in the works there. I don't know if this will somehow impact a swerve at SummerSlam or if it has been intentionally played up to make the IWC second guess the strong performances that Orton has been turning in lately. I know there is the inevitable feud between HHH and Sheamus but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about HHH returning and the rumors that he may be behind the Nexus. If that's the case I could see Orton ending up with the title if not at SummerSlam at least by Hell In the Cell in October. This would give Orton time to carry the belt and for Sheamus to get his usual 1 or 2 rematches out of the way. HHH could then return and reveal himself as the leader of Nexus via a vicious beatdown on Orton (similar to the post-Evolution beatdown) who would be the champion by then. This would set up a high profile match between Orton and HHH going into the Royal Rumble in January. Even though the Orton/HHH thing has been done to death it's always awesome to see those two go at it.........and it's not like the WWE actually cares what we want anyway. Just a thought!

Ortons "the viper" who can hit anyone at any time with the RKO. Like Cole and Lawler have said now, "it's Ortons world and the others are just living in it." They're building him up really strong, and I don't see a problem with it. Why complain?

I'm thinking maybe there's the possibility of Orton taking the title and that leaving Sheamus wide open for a HHH return / beatdown lol.

Or perhaps it's the case that everyone is always saying that Sheamus needs that one big clean win over a main event wrestler to really show he belongs in the main event. With Orton looking more like Superman then Cena the last few weeks, maybe Sheamus will beat him clean to belong up top.

I can't see Triple H being involved at Summerslam as, if he's gonna come back to get Sheamus, they'll surely hold off his return till he's able to actually do some physical contact with him. When he's ready, I can see Miz cashing in MITB then. I hope he doesn't and holds it off till Mania 27, but I could see them doing it then

The last few weeks on Raw have convinced me that the "E" is looking for the inevitable Miz cash in at SummerSlam. I believe they will have Orton take the titel with the 5 second turn-around to put the belt on Miz.

Why? Two reasons. First off, i think Orton looks a lot better in the chaser role then as champion... at least a "face" Orton does. And based on what i've seen, I'm really questioning if the bookers like seeing Sheamus-Orton promo. If you notice, the majority of Sheamus's on-air the last few weeks has been with Miz, with a smaller percentage actually pushing Sheamus-Orton. i've never seen that with a Money in the Bank. I mean, there are the occasional "I'm gonna beat" promos coming from Sheamus and Orton, but Miz seems to be getting just as much face time in the fued as the two people that are booked in the ME.

Secondly, if all the "Miz is VKM's future posterboy" talk is legit, there is one way to solidify his ME heel status... follow the Jeff hardy rule. Remember how over Hardy was in his fued for the title last year. When he finally won, there was the deafening pop... and then, Punk's music hit. After that, punk didn't need to cut a heel promo... he was elevated to most hated just because he went over the crowd favorite. I can see them doing the same with Miz... which is part of the reason they are making Orton look so strong. They are building that wave of fan support to epic proportions, so that when he finally wins the title a Miz cash in will get Miz boo'd out of the building everywhere he wrestles. Could you imagine the pop orton gets winning the title from Sheamus in a hard fought barnburner of a match? Then imagine the decibels on the boos that the Miz would get cashing on a helpless Orton.

Bumping up this thread due to what went down on RAW tonight. Do you guys now agree with the predictability of it all?

Only one of two things will happen on Sunday...

1. Sheamus wins clean.
2. Orton wins via D.Q- Sheamus retains.

I am going with number 2 b/c Orton said "I will beat you" and Sheamus guaranteed he will still be champ. How do you have both things happen? Scenario number 2.

This is interesting, I agree with newteenforbb here are the possibilities that can happen:
1. Orton wins via D.Q. and Sheamus retains having the GM announce that Randy Orton didn't lose to Sheamus which would lead into Night of Champions. (Miz could cash in then if not already at Summerslam.)
2. Sheamus could win cleanly letting someone else get into the PPV picture maybe Miz at Night of Champions. Miz could then lose to Sheamus but then he cashes in his brief case and wins.
3. Sheamus somehow wins and leads to the Nexus breaking their peace treaty with Sheamus and Wade announces he wants a shot at the WWE Title at Night of Champions. Wade would then win with Triple H's help and Triple H would be like a manager of Nexus until he is healthy which leads to him saying that they are the new breed of the WWE and are the future.(I don't know if Sheamus could become a face or maybe a tweener but it could be likely.)
4. Just like number 4 but Wade wins without Triple H and it would become a Triple Threat match at the next PPV between Sheamus(cashing his rematch clause) vs. Triple H vs. Wade Barrett.

I think Sheumus will win, miz come out, cash in his lil money in the bank, then be defeated by sheaumus and be the first man not to win the title. The miz is the most irritating wrestler ive ever seen, Ive literally watched every raw since september 1995, so ive seen my share of wrestling, i may be done with wwe if miz becomes a world champ

I think Sheumus will win, miz come out, cash in his lil money in the bank, then be defeated by sheaumus and be the first man not to win the title. The miz is the most irritating wrestler ive ever seen, Ive literally watched every raw since september 1995, so ive seen my share of wrestling, i may be done with wwe if miz becomes a world champ

While I disagree with you about Miz (sorry, I like him), I think your prediction is spot on as to what will transpire. Sheamus will retain, but not cleanly. Miz will try to interfere and cash in, but he'll f**k up and end up just helping Sheamus retain and beat Orton. The writing is already on the wall - I would be very surprised if Orton wins it this time around, although he's destined to get gold around his waist at some point in the not-too-distant future.

I agree with the above. That seems like something WWE will do. However for the sake of interest, I'm hoping WWE does this: Have Orton win and Miz come out and cash in and be defeated. Yep, not much of a difference, but that's what I'm going for. The Miz does NOT deserve to be WWE champion. He hasn't done anything other than what Cena did when he joined. Orton needs to win to keep the WWE championship fresh. Then again, they may keep it on Sheamus so when Trips comes back he can jump right into the picture and create a 3 man title picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back