• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seth Rollins Turns On The Shield, Joins Evolution & Speculation on 3rd Shield member

I was actually quite sad when they broke they up. The Shield had a good thing going. WWE has done a good job with it's characters and properties lately, being patient and not pulling the trigger on them too fast. You can tell WWE is putting much care in the Wyatts, NXT as a whole and the steady growth of the Shield was great.

The Shield didn't have to break up just yet. They could have stuck around and been that core group of united guys that beat to their own drum, showed up and put a beatdown on people when needed. Why was the Undertaker's streak so great, because it lasted and was treated with respect and care, the Shield as unit could have done the same for a long time or at least a little longer. I'm not totally against the split but my assumption is they were taken apart because of the injury to Daniel Bryan. Punk shuffled the deck when he decided to go home and with Bryan out the WWE's cast of characters got smaller and they needed star power.

When Rollins tatooed Reigns on the back with that steel chair my initial reaction was awwwwwww man. Not now... not after one of the best story telling matches I've seen in years at Payback. He laid out Ambrose too and as Orton and HHH joined him that ring, HHH smirking ear to ear and Rollins looking down in a saddened state I thought wait...hold on this could be cool. Did a part of Rollins not want to do this?? Did Rollins still feel the brotherhood of the Shield deep down in his guts. That's what I wanted. And how about those response promos on Raw by Ambrose and Reigns. Although Dean Ambrose had one of the best promos on Raw in years that I really enjoyed, I would have rather him gone into seclusion for a few weeks, as if he went totally nutts after Rollins turned on them. How awesome would it have been when Rollins has a match in the main event of Raw against John Cena and after the match, Ambrose comes out the audience in his black jacket and starts beating the crap out of Rollins. Pure mark out moment.

My biggest critique thus far with the way this is unfolding is what happened on Raw. Rollins came out in a suit and said he it was all business, he was the architect (which I always thought was a stupid name, he didn't build the Sheild he was more the glue or the fuel that kept the parts running) but now as a heel the Architect of the Shield makes sense. Rollins said he made the machine and he broke it. I didn't like that. Say you did it for fame. Say you did it for money. Say you did it to become the #1 man in the business but don't bury Reigns and Ambrose. If I had it my way after Rollins turned on the Shield, he would have came out on Raw and said, "hey man, nothing personal boys, it's just business."

It was a great shocker. What Rollins did will be a Raw moment wrestling won't forget but it appears that Rollins Raw interview closed the door on a future moment that fans would also not forget... a possible reunion. But I guess if Randy Orton can DDT Triple H's wife in Stephanie McMahon and Evolution can get back together anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back