Security Guards And Their Influence On Feuds

Ferbian

Has Returned.
We've seen throughout a long time the introduction of security guards when talking about feuds. We've seen guys like the McMahon's, Triple H (I think) and Randy Orton, just to name a few that have walked to the ring accompanied by security guards.

We've also seen the masses of security guards, referees and backstage crew storming to the ring when two get out of hand, much like Drew McIntyre / Kofi Kingston, or last week I believe between Randy and Sheamus (I could remember wrong, but it was definitely showed last week).

There's obviously intensity involved in the feuds where security guards are featured. Especially those where they accompany the wrestler to the ring. The Randy Orton / Triple H feud definitely showed a lot of it.

So seeing as a lot of these feuds have been intense, whenever there's been involved a security guard at least. Do you think that security guards are a key factor in making an intense feud?

Yeah if they just show up in the big blowups of the fued rather than coming out to break up minor fights. Security guards should only be used when the fueds have really become personal to the point where the audience can believe the two guys want to tear each other heads off. The fact that the wrestlers need a small army just to keep each other apart really adds to the emotion aspect. This was also shown in HBK vs HHH and Cena vs Edge. Those two fueds really didn't start to heat up until personal attacks became an issue and both guys couldn't even be in the same ring with the other without physical confortation. However, if security guards are used often during programs then it really just becomes another part of the show as it loses the significance part of their involvement.

This ones quite an interesting topic. I recently stuck up my RP for the E-Fed's coming PPV and used security guards in it. Now, a wrestler who uses security guards needs two things; a reason for them & a character that fits it. If Sheamus was to show up on Raw this coming week accompanied by security and said it was for his safety following the assault from Orton, we'd possibly buy into it because there's a legitimate basis surrounding it BUT his character has involved him being not intimidated by anyone.

There are a lot of great examples of people using security guards. The most recent example I can think of is Batista from back in March. Batista was accompanied by several security officers to 'protect' John Cena from being hurt by Batista. Now Batista stayed behind the security officers all the way through the promo and they weren't brought up again. The promo was tremendous and the security officers actually helped it. Why? Because it played into Batista's character of being an arrogant playboy who held the wrestling business in contempt. The Batista vs. Cena feud got all that more intense following that promo from Batista.

I love this point Ferbs. Thank you for bringing it up. I've always thought security guards are a great factor into the intensity of the feuds. Case in point when RKO was in the McMahon feud and systematically taking each one out after he declared himself having the 'Internal Explosive Disorder' and you noticed that he would have a guard or two and lawyers, or VKM would have extra security around the ring. Each time extras were added, it only increased the viciousness of his next attack on a family member in the McMahon family, until I thought I had seen it all when he DDT'd Steph and kissed her in front of HHH. Then you had the Cena-Batista feud after Batista's heel turn. That was genius, and staying behind the guards did add to the power saying how he felt in fear of his life, or what have you. I even thought the extra security back in the Edge-Lita-Matt triangle when you had extra guards rushing to ringside in the back, and even the cops that just adds the extra ":wtf: are we seeing here?!" While on the topic of bringing in security guards/bodyguards..I'd like to leave something for thought, most of the people employing the services of bodyguards has been male superstars, why haven't we seen female superstars employ the services of them? That is just an afterthought to this. That's just my opinion.

I will agree that security guards having to physically hold wrestler back to prevent them from mauling each other adds a lot of intensity to a feud. The two said wrestlers are so pissed that they are a threat to each other's health and in fear of this need to be held back by security from each other so no serious damage is done. That is some pretty deep shit right there. This was especially great during the Randy Orton/Triple H feud because of all the serious traumatizing shit Orton put him through and the look on Trip's face was basically the look of "you're a dead man Orton" as security did everything they could to hold both men back.

I really enjoy that aspect because it mean both wrestlers are such a threat to each other that security has to be brought in to keep them apart to make sure they don't tear each other to shreds. Also while these incidents go on there is this rich feeling of intensity just seeping out of the segment that make them that much better. When two wrestlers have to be held back by security that's when the feud gets that much more intense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back