• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Most Intense WWE Feud Of All Time

Austin vs. McMahon. McMahon recruited so many wrestlers from Taker, Kane, Mankind, Rock, Dude Love, The Corporation, The Ministry all to try & take out Austin. He tried to get Austin fired, Austin took him hostage and pulled a fake gun on him making him wet his pants on live TV, he poured cement in his limousine, Austin was made CEO of the company just to spite Vince, there was a lot of backstabbing going on and many more angles & storylines to do with this feud. Vince would screw over everyone from the people he recruited to his family just to take out Austin, what's more intense than all that with maybe the exception of Austin breaking into Brian Pillman's house and Pillman pulling a gun on him & real life issues between Edge & Matt Hardy where Matt would tell the whole world the only way they wouldnt have beef with Edge is "if Adam died in a car accident" and would attack him backstage breaking kayfabe legit or if it was worked, it at least looked real because of the real animosity between the two but I still wouldnt say they were better than Austin vs. McMahon as Austin vs. McMahon had way more intense angles/storylines in their feud.

HBK vs Chris Jericho from 2008 has to be right up there. Just look at the events that took place in that feud. Jericho injures HBK's eye by slamming his face into the Jeritron, and then proceeds to brutally attack his eye during their match at the Great American Bash, resulting in the match being stopped. This led to HBK trying to retire at Summerslam, but Jericho proceeds to punch HBK's wife, Rebecca, in the face.

This leads to an unsanctioned match at Unforgiven, where more brutality ensues, as HBK beats the living hell out of Jericho, resulting in another stoppage. Jericho then wins the title and the pair have a great ladder match to end the feud. The whole way through this four month long feud, Jericho was cold, calculating and completely unremorseful, developing his honest man gimmick along the way. Shawn also played his part very well and brought a lot of emotion to the feud, which couldn't have possibly been more intense.

I would be unoriginal to say Vince/Austin or Rock/Austin. However, I do consider those 2 the best rivalries that I have seen.

Next though is one that I don't think has been mentioned (pardon me if it has). This rivalry is Edge vs Cena. This cemented Edge as one of the best heels the company has ever seen. Hilarious on the mic, diabolical and just annoying in the ring with great skills to back it up. You hated when he won because he never really earned the win. Lita added so much to it as well. Whether you hate Cena or not you have to admit he was brilliant in this. It was just so personal it seems between these two. I loved that feud.

Gosh. There are quite a few. Here's my list:

1. Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy
The ultimate in love triangles. It had it all. A perfect female and male wrestling duo in Lita and Matt part of Team Xtreme. An unfortunate injury taking each out at separate times caused them to be separated for extended periods, and Edge was married for the 2nd time. But the fight between Kane and Edge had an uninvited person, Matt, and no one could foresee what was coming, and WWE just HAD to swoop in on it. Leading to some INTENSE and bloody battles. Who could forget the Summerslam 2006 where Matt was busted open so bad the ref pretty much stopped the match before it even started? Then the Unforgiven 2006 where Matt even took out Lita in the steel cage after he took out Edge. All the different run-ins and call ins and back and forth. I think people were so shocked to see that side of Matt, and shocked by Lita's actions since she was supposd to be the sweetheart of the Xtreme Team.

2. Orton/HHH and the McMahons
When Orton was systematically taking out each and every McMahon. I literally was getting chills down my spine when I saw Stephanie show up to the arena that one night. Then after his match with HHH, he handcuffed him and Legacy was beating him. He demanded Steph come down to the ring, and that was it. I was biting my nails nervously. To see him ddt her unconcious and kiss her in front of HHH. That would drive anyone mad. It was increasingly amped up when HHH got revenge and broke into Randy's "house" one of the following weeks.

3. Matt and Jeff Hardy leading up to WM25
I was so SHOCKED. When it was Matt who was being Jeff's accidents at the different shows. The car accident, and pyro accident, the attack in the hotel. I think no one saw this coming because we were all so waiting on Christian to possibly show up. Then Matt's creepy promos about Jeff's house burning down, and Jeff's dog dying in the fire was so rubbing salt in the wound. Especially for family, and if you've read their book, and seen how well they work together. You know this would be hard for any fan to watch.

4. CM Punk v Jeff Hardy leading to Jeff leaving WWE
This was one of the BEST ever. From the moment Jeff defeated Edge at Extreme Rules that one year..Then u heard Punk's music like seconds after the win. Everyone's heart sank to their stomachs. You could tell this was a new can of worms. From that point forward, it was survival of the fittest. I don't think I've ever seen any crowds more invested that with those two. Especially with something as personal as Jeff's past, and CM Punk's gimmick of straight edge. That really can ring out to the true fans, and can be almost seen as a slap in the face or saying 'see ya later' if someone was thinking that is a way to get rid of someone. But even after Punk banished Jeff, to continue the barbs and dressing up as Jeff Hardy, he knew how to still make things very intense and personal. i still will keep this in my most intense of all time.

5. Jericho v HBK 2008
This was a very good feud. And to start Jericho on his all time best streak of personality, although I still like the old Y2J. But, this had it all, the assertion of a new personality, and trying to prove oneself. I think the nail that put it in the coffin for me was the involvement of HBK's wife when Jericho punched her on the stage at SummerSlam.

From years gone by, Austin vs HHH. The intensity in their encounters was insane.

From recent years, Cena vs Edge easily. I loved their feud and it's the best one of the last 10 years in my opinion. Edge turns up at Cena's house and slaps his Dad, Cena jumps Edge in his hotel room, they fight around a harbour, they have a really personal match at Summerslam, they clash loads of times on TV (sometimes even with RVD thrown in the mix), they have the TLC match at Unforgiven and then capped it all of with a blinding cage match in early October 06 on Raw.

For me, it's still Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man Randy Savage, and it's really not close. It combined so many things, like the legit tension that underlied the Hogan-Savage backstage friendship, infidelity (that didn't exist, but Savage believed, both storyline and kayfabe), friend betraying friend, domestic violence, etc. The match at Wrestlemania V is an underrated classic and my favorite match of all time. The emotion was real and palpable.

Another that I'm gonna go with is Austin vs. Hart/Hart Foundation which after watching 96 & 97 Raw's for the past few weeks, I will now say is my second favourite feud. You had Austin who was just making a name for himself instantly make challenges to Bret Hart where he would funnily make verbal jabs at Bret, his family and got Brian Pillman involved to the point where Austin would break into Brian's house & Brian pulled a gun on Austin cause Brian was instantly singing the praises of Bret after siding with Austin for the previous months. The Gun incident worked really well to look realistic, even my heart was pounding watching it in fear for Austin. Another intense encounter between Pillman & Austin was at King Of The Ring 97 where Austin shoved Pillman's head down the toilet lol. Even though British Bulldog never really did anything with Austin, there were times where both men would interfere in one anothers match and attack each other, the rants from both men were intense that in the back of your head, you thought they really hated each other. There was Owen Hart who broke Austin's neck at Summerslam unintentionally though, Austin would then go onto help Owen win the IC Title at Bad Blood 97 but only so he could face him for the title and finally there was Bret which as mentioned, Austin would make verbal jabs at him constantly leading to Bret accepting his challenge and beating him at SS 96 but Austin would continue to attack Bret & cost him matches like his WWF Championship against Sid & the Royal Rumble to the point where Bret would go heel and turn to his brother after a 3 year long feud with him & Austin would turn face which I dont know if intentional or not by WWE but either way it worked wonders for both guys and is amazing to see cause I cant remember any other feud where the two guys involved would switch sides, the feud made a huge star out of Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back