Second Round: Vancouver - Hulk Hogan vs. HHH

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hulk Hogan

• HHH

Results are only viewable after voting.
Triple H is one of the most successful wrestlers of all-time. He has more world title reigns than just about anyone, including Hulk Hogan.

But even though he has more titles than Hogan, that's really the only thing that Triple H is ahead of Hogan on in terms of what can decide who is a greater wrestler. Triple H isn't near the star as Hogan and didn't revolutionize wrestling near as much as Hogan. Triple H is a pretty influential guy no doubt, but not at the level of Hogan.

Hulk Hogan is the biggest star in American wrestling history, and IMO he's the greatest wrestler in history as far as reading the crowd and getting the crowd into a match. No one is better. For what Hogan may lack in atheltic in-ring action, Hogan more than makes up for on storytelling and crowd psychology.

Triple H is important in wrestling. But he's no Hulk Hogan. Hogan wins this on success and impact in the business.

And if you wanna try to go kayfabe. Oh yeah, in their one match together, Hogan won that one as well. And in that match Triple H was in the middle of his prime, whereas Hogan was about 10 years past his prime. There you go.

Hulkamania runs wild into Round 3.

I'm voting for Triple H, based on who was the better in-ring performer, now, had I voted on draw power, I would give the nod to Hogan, but Triple H is one of the best in-ring techncians I have ever watched perform, plus they had already faced against each other before, so Triple H would know how to take Hogan down, possibly with a figure-four, weakening the leg of Hogan taking away the Atomic Leg Drop

It's all about the game, and how you play it All about control, and if you can take it All about your debt, and if you can pay it It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it... I am the game, you don't wanna play me I am control, no way you can change me I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me I am the pain, and I know you can't take me Look over your shoulder, ready to run Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun I am the game, and I make the rules So move on out, and you can die like a fool
I think that says it all hogan and his pastamania cant compete with hhh. hes the game the king of kings! Hogans a piece of crap that never put anyone over and whose selfishness and ego was a huge reason why the wcw crumbled. Vote HHH!

It's all about the game, and how you play it All about control, and if you can take it All about your debt, and if you can pay it It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it... I am the game, you don't wanna play me I am control, no way you can change me I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me I am the pain, and I know you can't take me Look over your shoulder, ready to run Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun I am the game, and I make the rules So move on out, and you can die like a fool
I think that says it all hogan and his pastamania cant compete with hhh. hes the game the king of kings! Hogans a piece of crap that never put anyone over and whose selfishness and ego was a huge reason why the wcw crumbled. Vote HHH!

I red-repped you, and here's why: your argument is both non-sensical, and hypocritical, since the same thing you're criticizing Hogan for is something HHH is also noted for, only he got his spot through banging the bosses daughter, whereas Hogan earned it by being the biggest draw, like ever. Hogan has put over plenty of people, but if you're on Hogan's level (which HHH is not), putting over everyone lessens the impact considerably. Think how big a deal it was for Warrior to beat Hogan, or Undertaker, or Brock Lesnar, or the Rock, etc. If Hogan was losing to EVERYONE, then nobody cares when he puts somebody over.

Actually hulkamaniac hhh got where he is today by being a great performer but whatever keep spewing the same tired crap as all the other hhh haters. Secondly you realize most of the peole hogan put over cleanly he did it later in his career in his prime nobody was allowed to pin the great hulk hogan. Also how did hhh do the sam thing as hulk? He never destroyed a company with his ego also hhh does put over talent hes done it with guys like orton batista cena and now sheamus my logic may havesilly but yours is downright stupid

Actually hulkamaniac hhh got where he is today by being a great performer but whatever keep spewing the same tired crap as all the other hhh haters.

Yeah, that's why he didn't get his first title reign til he started banging Steph.

Secondly you realize most of the peole hogan put over cleanly he did it later in his career in his prime nobody was allowed to pin the great hulk hogan.

That's not the same thing as holding guys down. It was a different era of wrestling, the champion rarely ever lost. Hogan lost moer then guys like Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino. Further, the "other" main card guys of Hogan's era (like Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Andre the Giant) were more over with crowds then HHH himself is.

Also how did hhh do the sam thing as hulk?

Because he's noted for destroying people's heat, not by me, but by other wrestlers, despite the fact that he by himself isn't the biggest star in his company.

He never destroyed a company with his ego

Neither did Hogan. But HHH was in one company where he got a Main Event level run, and it happens to be the most stable company. Let him go Main Event for TNA or something and see if he can take them to the top of the wrestling world like Hogan did with WCW. Kthxbye.
also hhh does put over talent

Not really. He tends to give himself outs for why he lost, like being injured, but still fighting and making it very, very competitive.

hes done it with guys like orton

That's a laugh, lol. HHH has destroyed Orton's heat on like 30 different occasions. Wasn't that Triple H taking out the entire Legacy stable last year, including in handicap matches and the like? Just because Randy has won matches doesn't mena HHH has put him over. He makes Orton look weak almost every time.

Fair enough, he put Batista over.

Cena is already the bigger star, it's hard for HHH to "put him over".

and now sheamus

Oh yeah, he really made Sheamus look strong by beating hi around, and only losing a match because of a previous kayfabe injury. He has yet to put Sheamus over, but if he does, I'll gladly admit it. But, as I said, Hogan made more people look strong while beating them then HHH has by losing to them.

HHH is a great performer, and could win this tournament someday, when the vitriol over his being a McMahon dies down and people recognize his true greatness.

That being said, Hogan is why the business is where it is today. Hogan wins in kayfabe and overall importance. For a couple of decades, the business was centered around where Hogan was.

Hulkamaniac said:
Yeah, that's why he didn't get his first title reign til he started banging Steph.

Bold-faced lie.

Trips got his first title run in 1999 by defeating Mankind, long before he started "banging Steph." Triple H was vastly popular in the late 90's and even if he wasn't banging Stephanie (in your little world anyways, because I believe he didn't) he would've gotten a title eventually.

Bold-faced lie.

Trips got his first title run in 1999 by defeating Mankind, long before he started "banging Steph." Triple H was vastly popular in the late 90's and even if he wasn't banging Stephanie (in your little world anyways, because I believe he didn't) he would've gotten a title eventually.

Except that it's true. He broke up with Chyna in early 2000, but it's already been acknowledge that he had been banging Steph behind Chyna's back for about a year.

Hulkamaniac... WHO THE FUCK CARES?

HHH is one of my favorite performers, and I don't give a rat's ass about how he got to where he is, I'm just glad he did. He is currently the most entertaining wrestler on the mic, and he knows how to work a match just about as well as anyone.

And let's talk about his in ring ability. He may not be as flashy as some wrestlers out there, but he still has a considerably entertaining move set and has great in ring psychology. His work with HBK, Benoit, Angle, Hogan, Flair, and tons of other phenomenal wrestlers have only made him better.

Has he held people down? Probably. You know who else did? Hogan, and screw your hypocritical ass if you say otherwise. But you know what? It's worked out pretty well for both the WWE and the fans as both wrestlers are tremendously talented and extremely entertaining.

This wasn't a match up between two identical wrestlers from different eras, but the two men share a lot of similarities, and it seems silly that people are so adamantly pro-HHH and anti-Hogan at the same time or vice versa.

Both of these wrestlers are great, so shut the fuck up. Thank you.

PS: I would bang Steph even if it didn't mean getting a major push. She's kinda sorta really hot.

Hulkamaniac... WHO THE FUCK CARES?

HHH is one of my favorite performers, and I don't give a rat's ass about how he got to where he is, I'm just glad he did. He is currently the most entertaining wrestler on the mic, and he knows how to work a match just about as well as anyone.

And let's talk about his in ring ability. He may not be as flashy as some wrestlers out there, but he still has a considerably entertaining move set and has great in ring psychology. His work with HBK, Benoit, Angle, Hogan, Flair, and tons of other phenomenal wrestlers have only made him better.

Has he held people down? Probably. You know who else did? Hogan, and screw your hypocritical ass if you say otherwise. But you know what? It's worked out pretty well for both the WWE and the fans as both wrestlers are tremendously talented and extremely entertaining.

This wasn't a match up between two identical wrestlers from different eras, but the two men share a lot of similarities, and it seems silly that people are so adamantly pro-HHH and anti-Hogan at the same time or vice versa.

Both of these wrestlers are great, so shut the fuck up. Thank you.

PS: I would bang Steph even if it didn't mean getting a major push. She's kinda sorta really hot.

How about that was my point, fuck wad, so why don't you learn to read. Somebody said they voted for HHH over HOgan because Hogan held guys down, and then I made the exact same point you made, except now you're attacking me like I suggested HHH is the only guy who ever did it. So how about YOU go fuck yourself and get yourself some reading comprehension skills.

How about that was my point, fuck wad, so why don't you learn to read. Somebody said they voted for HHH over HOgan because Hogan held guys down, and then I made the exact same point you made, except now you're attacking me like I suggested HHH is the only guy who ever did it. So how about YOU go fuck yourself and get yourself some reading comprehension skills.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have been mislead by how you stated HHH only got his push for fucking the bosses daughter, like here...

I red-repped you, and here's why: your argument is both non-sensical, and hypocritical, since the same thing you're criticizing Hogan for is something HHH is also noted for, only he got his spot through banging the bosses daughter

Or your bold faced denial of Hogan holding down other talent...

That's not the same thing as holding guys down. It was a different era of wrestling, the champion rarely ever lost. Hogan lost moer then guys like Lou Thesz and Bruno Sammartino. Further, the "other" main card guys of Hogan's era (like Ted DiBiase, Roddy Piper, Randy Savage, Andre the Giant) were more over with crowds then HHH himself is.

Or how you all but called HHH talentless... when in response to this,

Actually hulkamaniac hhh got where he is today by being a great performer but whatever keep spewing the same tired crap as all the other hhh haters.

You responded with this,

So maybe you should go re-read what you wrote before you question my reading comprehension skills. Clearly, if you don't mean to give of the impression that HHH is a talentless hack who got where he is by banging the boss's daughter, you need to re-examine your own writing skills and not bring into question my reading skills.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have been mislead by how you stated HHH only got his push for fucking the bosses daughter, like here...

Umm, I don't think I ever said he ONLY got his push for banging Steph, but please, keep pretending that's what I said.

Or your bold faced denial of Hogan holding down other talent...

Please list out for me all the talent Hogan held down.

Or how you all but called HHH talentless... when in response to this,

Again, I never said he was talentless, just more of you saying what you wish I was arguing. That's called a straw man argume.

So maybe you should go re-read what you wrote before you question my reading comprehension skills. Clearly, if you don't mean to give of the impression that HHH is a talentless hack who got where he is by banging the boss's daughter, you need to re-examine your own writing skills and not bring into question my reading skills.

I'm writing a persuasive piece of writing, tool. I'm accentuating the strengths of my argument. And what I wrote is 100% factual. HHH didn't get his first world title run until he was already banging Steph. Sorry if that fact bothers you, but it's just the flat out truth, and you proved you can't argue it. I never said that's the only thing that got him his spot, but it's certainly a major fucking cog, whereas Hogan got his spot by being over as fuck and a huge draw, and that's it. Please note the difference.

Umm, I don't think I ever said he ONLY got his push for banging Steph, but please, keep pretending that's what I said.

Well, truthfully you never LITERALLY said that... but,

And one more time for effect...

and I'm a sucker for the rule of three...

To paraphrase, HHH got his big push because he banged Steph.

Please list out for me all the talent Hogan held down.

This is a near impossible question to answer, unless I have insight to an alternate reality where the only difference between that reality and our reality is that the talent Hogan held down in our reality got pushed, you follow?

Who knows who was supposed to get a push that Hogan put an end to? All I know is Hogan rarely lost cleanly to anybody, and rarely lost at all, which makes it very difficult to put people over. Now I know HHH is guilty of this as well, but I'm not trying to argue that HHH is a better guy or wrestler or anything than Hogan, I'm just trying to say that HHH is not a terrible person.

Again, I never said he was talentless, just more of you saying what you wish I was arguing. That's called a straw man argume.

One sec, I gotta write that down in my "Things I learned on the Wrestlezone Forums Diary"

And as much as I love the rule of 3, I'm an even bigger fan of things coming back in the end.

And once again, that was in response to someone saying HHH got his push for being talented.

I'm writing a persuasive piece of writing, tool.

Clearly, you are not very good at it as I have yet to see you persuade anyone about anything.

I'm accentuating the strengths of my argument. And what I wrote is 100% factual.

Oh my gooooood stop talking about what you're doing, it's boring the shit out of me!

HHH didn't get his first world title run until he was already banging Steph. Sorry if that fact bothers you, but it's just the flat out truth, and you proved you can't argue it.

I don't want to argue it because I really don't care why he got his push. The only point I am trying to make is HHH is super talented and deserves just about everything he has gotten. I haven't even attempted to disprove your theory because I don't want to, I just highlight how you hide behind it when ever someone suggests HHH may have gotten a push for being talented.

I never said that's the only thing that got him his spot, but it's certainly a major fucking cog,

Then you might want to try to present a more balanced argument. How about saying something along the lines of, "While HHH is a very talented wrestler, the only reason he got his spot is because he banged the bosses daughter."

Now I'm already anticipating your response, because you're so into rhetoric and what not,

BUT IT'S A PERSUASIVE PIECE AND THAT'S AN ARGUMENT FOR THE OTHER SIDE

And that's true, but sometimes that works out pretty well, like in the final rap battle of 8 Mile!

whereas Hogan got his spot by being over as fuck and a huge draw, and that's it.

Once again, I don't really care about who got where and how they did it, just the overall talent and entertainment provided by the wrestler. Both provided great entertainment and great wrestling, so I am happy they both were pushed regardless of what brought them there.

Please note the difference.

Aw, you decided to be polite after calling me a fuck wad, a tool, telling me to fuck myself, and calling my intellect into question. Thanks pal!

Well, truthfully you never LITERALLY said that... but,

So you admit you're wrong, but then...

And one more time for effect...

...pretend that you're still right. When you're not.

and I'm a sucker for the rule of three...

I agree with the first four words.

To paraphrase, HHH got his big push because he banged Steph.

Which he did. It's not like HHH wasn't talented beforehand. So what changed between getting not getting pushed and getting pushed? Ah, yes, the place where he sheathed his pork sword.

This is a near impossible question to answer, unless I have insight to an alternate reality where the only difference between that reality and our reality is that the talent Hogan held down in our reality got pushed, you follow?

So, then you admit that while we know people who HHH has held down, but can't list ANYONE who Hogan held down, we should just accept that both did it to the same level and same degree? How awesomely logical!

Who knows who was supposed to get a push that Hogan put an end to? All I know is Hogan rarely lost cleanly to anybody, and rarely lost at all, which makes it very difficult to put people over. Now I know HHH is guilty of this as well, but I'm not trying to argue that HHH is a better guy or wrestler or anything than Hogan, I'm just trying to say that HHH is not a terrible person.

I never said HHH is a terrible person, and as has been pointed out by me, putting someone over and losing to them is not the same thing. Bret Hart put Steve Austin over by beating him. Ya dig? Whereas HHH losing to Sheamus while being kayfabe injured, yet still nearly winning the match and having the announcers screaming about how injured he was and they can't believe he's still out there, is not putting someone over.

One sec, I gotta write that down in my "Things I learned on the Wrestlezone Forums Diary"

You seem like the type.

And once again, that was in response to someone saying HHH got his push for being talented.

And as I pointed out, HHH was already talented, but wasn't being given a push till he started penetrating the McMahon Veil.

Clearly, you are not very good at it as I have yet to see you persuade anyone about anything.

That's because most people on the Internet will never, ever admit when they're wrong, and stick blindly to their preconceived beliefs.
Oh my gooooood stop talking about what you're doing, it's boring the shit out of me!

Yeah, because that's a real substantive argument. Obviously you can feel your argument losing so you're responding with non-arguments that focus on insults.

I don't want to argue it because I really don't care why he got his push. The only point I am trying to make is HHH is super talented and deserves just about everything he has gotten. I haven't even attempted to disprove your theory because I don't want to, I just highlight how you hide behind it when ever someone suggests HHH may have gotten a push for being talented.

Because I never said he wasn't talented, but, one last time, he was already talented, and only got his after he started banging Steph. It's not like he all of a sudden started being more talented. And he's certainly not so talented/over/possessing so much drawing power that he should be like 15 time World Champ, on his way to passing Ric Flair.

Then you might want to try to present a more balanced argument. How about saying something along the lines of, "While HHH is a very talented wrestler, the only reason he got his spot is because he banged the bosses daughter."

Pretty sure i can present an argument however I choose. Besides, ya know, I didn't see you calling out the guy I initially was responding to for presenting his own version of a biased argument.

Now I'm already anticipating your response, because you're so into rhetoric and what not,

Oh yes, because you're so brief and to the point, that's what this proves.

And that's true, but sometimes that works out pretty well, like in the final rap battle of 8 Mile!

Eminem sucks.

Aw, you decided to be polite after calling me a fuck wad, a tool, telling me to fuck myself, and calling my intellect into question. Thanks pal!

Pretty sure you came in here and told me to shut the fuck up in your very first post, so I believe you started the conversation on that foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back