Second Round: Vancouver - The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles

Who Wins This Matchup?

• The Undertaker

• AJ Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round matchup in the Vanouver Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated. Assume one week has passed since the first match.

bc-place.jpg

The Undertaker

The_Undertaker%282%29.jpg

Vs.

AJ Styles

aj-styles.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Undertaker, by a long shot, would absolutely murder A.J Styles.

While A.J is doing some incredible things in the ring, the sheer dominance and agility that Undertaker has for a man of his size, I mean for the love of god he's a heavyweight who jumps over the top rope like it was nothing.
[YOUTUBE]FcAQuj4x5Iw[/YOUTUBE]

Sure, A.J can do that too, but he's not a 300 pounds!

The sheer impact Undertaker has had on this business is incredible, and should stand to prove that Undertaker needs to go over in this match, cause it's the right choice.
Really, Undertaker could beat A.J easily, look at the amount of guy's he's beaten, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels (twice, and retired the guy!) Triple H, Ric Flair, John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, holy hell the list goes on, and I haven't even been through half of them.

Vote for the right choice, vote Undertaker.

I like AJ, but Taker would win this match. If AJ somehow survives The Last Ride, then Taker can come back with the Tombstone, and if by some miracle he is able to survive the Tombstone, then Taker will put him away with the Hell's Gate. AJ would be faster than the deadman, but I find it hard to believe he would be able to overcome Taker's very impressive arsenal of finishing moves.

It would probably be a close match up, but my vote will have to go to the Undertaker.

Undertaker, by a long shot, would absolutely murder A.J Styles.

While A.J is doing some incredible things in the ring, the sheer dominance and agility that Undertaker has for a man of his size, I mean for the love of god he's a heavyweight who jumps over the top rope like it was nothing.
[YOUTUBE]FcAQuj4x5Iw[/YOUTUBE]

Sure, A.J can do that too, but he's not a 300 pounds!

The sheer impact Undertaker has had on this business is incredible, and should stand to prove that Undertaker needs to go over in this match, cause it's the right choice.
Really, Undertaker could beat A.J easily, look at the amount of guy's he's beaten, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels (twice, and retired the guy!) Triple H, Ric Flair, John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, holy hell the list goes on, and I haven't even been through half of them.

Vote for the right choice, vote Undertaker.

How many times does that actually win matches from the Undertaker? He almost broke his neck the last time he tried it.

I'm going with AJ Styles on this one. He's beaten bigger competitors before and he is not about high-flying. He can wrestle with the best of them as he has done with Kurt Angle and beat him numerous times. Angle may be the only wrestler besides Batista with a winning record against the Undertaker. Styles is an all-around great wrestler and Undertaker in his prime lost more than you think. Styles FTW.

How many times does that actually win matches from the Undertaker? He almost broke his neck the last time he tried it.

I'm not saying he beat anybody with it, I'm simply showing the insane talents Undertaker has for his size and the agile wrestling move set he still has considering that.

I'm going with AJ Styles on this one. He's beaten bigger competitors before and he is not about high-flying. He can wrestle with the best of them as he has done with Kurt Angle and beat him numerous times. Angle may be the only wrestler besides Batista with a winning record against the Undertaker. Styles is an all-around great wrestler and Undertaker in his prime lost more than you think.

I'm not saying A.J is purely about high flying, and sure he's beaten a lot of greats, but so has Undertaker, Undertaker has beaten current legends, current main eventers, future legends, future main eventers and great mid-carders who didn't make it to the main event picture.

And sure Undertaker might've lost a lot here and there, but he's proved to be quite a challenge in the ring, and has still beaten the best of the best on other occasions at least once.
And if I really have to, I might as well pull out the fact that Undertaker hasn't lost at Wrestlemania, certainly A.J hasn't been at Wrestlemania (yet, could get there) but it's definitely a factor to take into consideration.

A tough fight, A.J will be in for a tough one, and Undertaker is ultimately gonna win it clean.

As much as I enjoy AJ Styles, I simply do not see him going over the Undertaker. I certainly wouldn't agree with Styles having beaten better or tougher competition, not by a long shot. I'll agree that the Undertaker has been handed his fair share of turd feuds in his career but, more often than not, he's made the fans care about those feuds at any rate.

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Yokozuna, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio, The Big Show, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair and so on and so forth. Taker has had wins over all these wrestlers and many others.

I do think that Styles will do himself proud in the match, he won't back down from Taker and will come at him with everything he's got. Ultimately, I don't think he has anything in his arsenal that can keep Taker down. I doubt the springboard 450 will get the job done and I doubt Styles can even put him in the Styles Clash. Taker has the Tombstone, Last Ride, Hell's Gate and, to a lesser degree, the Chokeslam. The Tombstone and Last Ride are two moves I certainly don't see Styles kicking out of.

A valiant effort, but Styles will not go over the Phenom.

AJ Styles. Easily. As I said whilst sneakily invading the Deadman HQ, Undertaker is an overrated fuck. Get past the really cool gimmick and the streak and what do you have? Just another average big man wrestler. Undertaker has produced a shitload of snoozers over his career (Big Show and Kane come to mind). Other than Wrestlemania time, he's really not that useful. Plus, he's been a shitty champ during the times he did hold the title. He's also lost to some pretty low level competion at times, like Koslov.

AJ, on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air. He's one of the few small guys to be World Champ and do so successfully. He's capable of having a good to great match with virtually everybody. He's also owned Kurt Angle, one of the top wrestlers of all time. You know who Angle has beaten? The Undertaker.

Vote for hte all around better wrestler here. Just because the WWE has given Undertaker magical powers and made him into a dominant force, it doesn't mean he's better than AJ.

Oh have mercy.

AJ doesn't have a chance. Not even close. Maybe if AJ spent some time in WWE as a high bill or put together some really epic promos for the match, he might seem like a credible winner over Taker. But I just see no way.

Undertaker in like 1:34.

Undertaker can beat AJ Styles. He can beat a smaller, nimbler opponent, whether they take him to the absolute limit or not. For proof, you need to look no further than his matches against Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 25 and 26. He retired HBK, despite the fact that Michaels threw everything in his arsenal at him.

AJ is no joke though. No doubt the match would rival the two HBK-Taker classics of recent memory. Undertaker has the pure striking ability, and the length, to cut off the ring and prevent AJ from getting away. Also, all The Deadman would need to do is catch Styles off the top rope, in either a chokeslam or the Last Ride, and the match would be short.

AJ, on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air. He's one of the few small guys to be World Champ and do so successfully.

Taker has made a career out of absolutely skull-fucking smaller guys. HBK was a small guy who was champion. So were Mysterio and Hardy. Undertaker beat them all.

He's capable of having a good to great match with virtually everybody.

Doesn't necessarily means that he wins.

He's also owned Kurt Angle, one of the top wrestlers of all time. You know who Angle has beaten? The Undertaker.

AJ Styles also lost his title to RVD recently, a man who Undertaker has promptly beaten. In a hardcore match. You know, a match that should favour RVD.

Vote for hte all around better wrestler here. Just because the WWE has given Undertaker magical powers and made him into a dominant force, it doesn't mean he's better than AJ.

Just because AJ Styles looks good in TNA doesn't mean he can beat Taker.

Taker is great and has even me doubting where to place my vote. And I am the biggest AJ fan on the site. I think he is incredible and if it was a gimmick match it would be better than any match that Hardy got out of Taker and he would have a chance of winning.

But to everyone who is saying this would be short is giving Taker too much credit and doing AJ and his achievements a great disservice. Hardy is inferior to Styles and if he can beat Taker then AJ certainly can.

I'm voting AJ because he will end up being the biggest star never to work for Vince and Taker will get enough BS votes on name value alone. Edit, 43-11, nuff said.

Over the years, Undertaker has beat all comers for the title, an I don't see AJ offering anything that could stop that onslaught. AJ may be the most entertaining in the ring in the world right now, but fundamentally he is still a guy who's biggest wins have come over Kurt Angle. The Undertaker has consistently beat people of a much higher standing, and I think unless TNA explodes all of a sudden, or he moves to the WWE, then we can't see Styles on Taker's level.

I like AJ Styles. A lot.

To me watching him wrestle is like watching a real piece of art. There might not be a wrestler today in America who looks more graceful in their in-ring performing than AJ Styles. He's one of the best of the more current younger wrestlers.

But this is the Undertaker we're talking here. Undertaker is my favorite wrestler of all-time btw. I don't think he's the greatest wrestler of all-time, but he is my favorite, that alone will give him a huge advantage in the tournament as far as getting my votes. Although if I feel a guy is better than him I will vote them (if he ends up facing say, Andre, Hogan, Stone Cold, or Bret Hart, I'll be voting for those guys over Taker).

AJ Styles just doesn't have the long list of accomplishments and success that Undertaker has.

Do I really have to make a case here? I can if people want me to, but I won't waste my time unless people really find it necessary.

Taker wins this matchup both kayfabe, and in overall greatness and impact on the industry.

I'm a huge fan of both guys here. "Phenomenal" isn't just a clever nickname- AJ Styles is amazing to watch. But we're talking about the Undertaker. He has beaten everyone this business has to offer and has been a solid main event fixture for 2 decades. Taker is a legend in all aspects of wrestling ability. AJ is great but Taker wins just about every possible category that could be compared.

Another example of one wrestler being great, but the other one is just greater.

AJ Styles is absolutely phenomenal in the ring (no pun intended) and I must say that I enjoy his work better than most. But as it's been proven over the past two years at Wrestlemania, you really don't need to do 450 splashes and high-flying kicks and clotheslines in order to put on a 5-star match and defeat a legend on the grandest stage of them all.

The Undertaker just dwarfs AJ's skills in every possible way. There is a reason why he has become an institution in this business... he's beaten the best decisively, and continues to do so in every match that he's involved in.

I can see someone like AJ challenging to break the streak and just becoming another victim. Undertaker would win, and there's no question about it.

It's pretty simple. Taker. no offence to evryone who likes AJ ( i do too) but who had a better career? No brainer was Taker. Even thou yes Taker may have stayed in the industry longer, Taker is still better IMO.

I didn't comment because I knew the outcome, but although AJ is in my opinion the best the business has to offer right now in terms of just captivating a crowd and putting on a show, but there is no way he can take out 'Taker here. One tombstone is all it takes. 'Taker took his legacy to another level at WM26, AJ will be little competition when its all said and done.

styles. flair will come out and distract taker or something. taker will chase him everywhere then flair hits a low blow allowing styles to do a styles clash.

I am going with The Undertaker here Aj Styles is a wrestler in all. But I just don't see him beating Undertaker even with the help of Ric flair. Undertaker has beaten plenty of wrestlers Aj size and I see Undertaker beat Aj with ease. Aj has the styles clash lock in then Undertaker counter it to the Tombstone pile driver for the win.

Noobs, I'm not trying to play mod but stop posting. This round is over and done with and has been for days.

Nobody cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back