Savage/Bruno/Backlund/Warrior - HOF

waylonmercy

In Waylon Mercy's Hands
How come Bob Backlund isnt in the WWE HOF? Ive never heard anything negative between Mcmahon and Backlund and have wondered whats stopping him.

What is McMahon's beef with Savage that holds him from getting into the HOF? I have heard speculation but never heard anythign concrete.

Will Ultimate Warrior ever get into the WWE HOF? He was Hogan's predecesor.

Do you think Bruno will live to see the day he's inducted? What do you think it would take for him to accept being inducted?

A lot of questions id love to get some answers on.

How come Bob Backlund isnt in the WWE HOF? Ive never heard anything negative between Mcmahon and Backlund and have wondered whats stopping him.

Its impossible to say why Backlund hasn't been inducted. It doesn't mean he won't be, they may just be waiting for a year to fit him in, not everyone can be inducted all at once so it might simply be his name hasn't been selected yet and he will in years to come.

What is McMahon's beef with Savage that holds him from getting into the HOF? I have heard speculation but never heard anythign concrete.

No one knows the true story so its always going to be speculation. There's rumors that he did something innapropriate with Stephanie McMahon when she was younger (possibly sleeping with her), who knows, but its not likely Vince is ever going to forgive and forget in the case of Savage so I wouldn't plan on seeing him inducted.

Predecessor's not the right word. Ultimate Warrior was not Hogan's predecessor, he came AFTER Hogan. But this is another example where I don't believe Vince and Warrior are exactly on good terms and I wouldn't plan to see Warrior inducted anytime soon, or ever, unless that changes.

Do you think Bruno will live to see the day he's inducted? What do you think it would take for him to accept being inducted?

I don't believe Bruno's ever going to change his mind or his stance to allow himself to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He's been set in his beliefs and refused for this long, why would that change anytime soon?

But yes, all of these names are certainly deserving of being in the Hall of Fame and its a shame at least three of them are likely not to be in it based on their careers and accomplishments

I have heard bob backlund isnt in it because he feels he can still go in the ring.

There have been countless rumors on what the heat between vince and savage is,i wont even get into that.

Ultimate warrior because of money problems back in the 90's and lawsuits there's probably more reasons.

Bruno because he doesnt like the way wrestling is today.

I think that Backlund will eventually get in, its just him being involved with tna for awhile that may hurt him (don't watch tna so not sure if hes still there). I can't see Vince inducting anyone that is currently or very recently worked for the competition.

As for savage, I have heard nothing about him other than rumors

Warrior may see an induction sooner than we all might think. He was recently featured in a WWE produced video game Legends of Wrestlemania. Now before people say that he had to be featured because he was a Wrestlemania legend, keep in mind that Savage had perhaps the greatest wrestlemania match in history and isnt included in the game.

With Bruno it would probably take Vince dying or retiring for him to accept the award since he despises vince for what he has done to the business

J.R. was talking on wwe 24/7 and he said the HOF has been offered to Backlund and he has turned it down because he feels he has one good run left in him. J.R. said that he is in great shape and wouldnt be surprised if he couldnt have another good run

i think next year backlund nd bruno will b inducted. remember this year was mainly focus on superstars from texas.

as far as macho nd warrior they deserve to b in the hof but it will b many years b4 that happens

Well considering the HOF is just another thing to make WM look bigger and any one who has realy done anything average can get in

macho man imo shudnt get in (yes ile get thumbs down for this but i dont realy care) there was a video on youtube showing all that he said about tripple h vince and steph, why Vince would put him in the HOF is beyond me. Dont realy know to much about the Ultimate Warrior situation. And yes Bruno and Backlund have there reasons for not being in

Remember that it takes two to tango, and for all we know, all four of these names have been offered slots, and turned them down.

Sammartino, for one, has already claimed to have turned down the offer in an interview.

I personally don't believe the Savage/Stephanie rumors, I just know that Vince and Savage don't exactly get along as he left the WWE on bad terms. I know that Vince does forgive performers for the sake of business, so for all we know, they had already called Macho Man about an induction, to which he replied, "Fuck you!" which would have made the heat between them worse.

As someone mentioned, Bob Backlund has also apparently turned down an offer to be in the HoF, because he felt that he could have one last big run in the ring, and joining the HoF would be accepting retirement. We have yet to see Backlund's last run, but keep in mind that the guy is kind of crazy anyway.

And speaking of lunatics, that brings us to the Warrior. I think that even if WWE offered Warrior a slot, it'd be turned down. I think Ultimate Warrior hates Vince and WWE even more than they hate him. An induction would also mean taking part in the ceremony, and considering the Warrior hates 99% of all other wrestlers, and especially WWE, I don't think he would ever agree. In his mind, he is bigger than WWE, bigger than the Hall of Fame, bigger than life. I don't see him getting inducted until he's either on his deathbed or passed away.

I do see all four names being in there one day, but none of them any time soon.

All of these guys deserve to be in, no question about it. The credentials of Bruno, Backlund, and Savage are unquestioned for what a Hall of Famer should have. The Warrior isn't quite in that same league, but, like it or not, the Warrior is one of the most unforgettable characters in wrestling history.

The personal issues have a lot to do with it. Bruno hates Vince, unfortunately. He also made comments a few years ago about the HOF being a joke because Pete Rose is in it (kind of agree with him) and because it's just a plaque, there isn't an actual HOF building that one could visit. Now as far as that point is concerned, I can understand his point of view, but I don't think there will ever be one. I remember Shane McMahon saying it was something they'd like to do with the amount of stuff they've collected over the years, but in this economy I just don't see it happening.

Wikipedia claims that Backlund has been offered the HOF, but has turned it down. There was no source for this, but if JR said on the Legends show that it's because Backlund feels he has another run in him, well, I believe that since Backlund is a little crazy. He'll definitely be there one day.

As for Savage, there's never been any confirmation as to what the issue is between them. Personally, I have to think it's something serious, because Vince has given everyone second/third/fourth/etc. chances. Case in point is the Warrior. I've read where it was thought that the heat had to do with the way Savage left for WCW in 1994. I can't really think that's the issue, because that seems so trivial in the grand scheme of things. About those Stephanie rumors, well, they are just rumors. And at the same time, I can't help but think there may be some truth to them. Why else would Vince want nothing to do with a guy who was one of the top superstars for years? I'm actually still amazed they're doing a DVD release for him this year. I really hope that whatever difference is there gets resolved. Savage would be the best candidate as the headline guy for the HOF next year, unless they intend to induct Undertaker or Shawn Michaels while still active, or if they can somehow convince The Rock to come back to be inducted.

Warrior is just so controversial, naturally. I say he deserves to be in because he had a huge impact on the business. In all honesty, I think Vince would be willing to induct Warrior, if not for the backlash he might face from people like Triple H and Ric Flair. I also think that as of right now Warrior would reject V ince, since he's probably bitter of the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD released a few years ago.

Off this topic, someone mentioned how "average" people can get in, I think that's true to a certain extent, but not entirely. The people in the HOF that I consider to be questionable as HOF material are Johnny Rodz, James Dudley, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Pete Rose, William Perry, Bill Watts and Koko B. Ware.

all those guys should b in the hof. vince should just get over what has happend in the past if there is bad blood between some of them and just put them in cause we all know as well as he does that they deserve to b in there. im also going to throw another name in there as to y in the world is he not in the hof. OWEN HART just throwing it out there. im just saying no disrespect to eddie but he dies and the next year he is in the hof. owen dies and amost 10 years later he is still not in the hof. no offense to any of the names above but i truly believe that owen should b in. hell bret has even been inducted and vince and him had a whole lot worse fall out than him and owen might have had

WWE and Vince still make a lot of money on Warrior- toys, dvds, and video games. No reason he won't get in one day- as long as Vince pays him a lot of money. Warrior had a great entrance, great character, and has managed to keep his name out there for over 20 years- hands down hall of fame material.

Backlund will someday. He really isnt all that great but he's still deserving of a spot in he hall of fame. From what I've heard he seems like a prick, so that's probably why he isnt it yet. Another reason could be because most people wouldnt know who he is if it wouldnt be for TNA.

Warrior is just a crazy douche bag. He was never a good in the ring and he's burned way too many bridges in the WWE for them to recognize him as a legend. I cant blame them for that. I personally dont like him either.

Savage has problems with Vince McMahon. Nuff said.

Bruno just needs to get over himself. If he really thinks wrestling was better back in the 60's-70's than it is right now, he's a moron. Back then no one gave a shit about wrestling at all. It was all boring mat wrestling. Then Hulk Hogan came around and made wrestling good, entertaining, and fun to watch. I really dont even think Bruno deserves in the HOF. He didnt even have one good match his entire career, and frankly he's irrelevent now.

In Bruno's case, it's him and him alone that's preventing his entering HOF.

WWE likes to have inductees who are living show up at the ceremony and give an acceptance speech. Bruno definitely isn't going to do that.

Okay, they could induct him without his being there, but imagine how it would look if WWE generated a lot of publicity about his induction only to have Bruno go to Meltzer or some on-air wrestling program and blast the company right before Wrestlemania weekend. That would be horrible and WWE can't be blamed for not wanting to let that happen.

It's too bad, it really is. Before the Attitude Era, WWE was the company that never made references to the past of wrestlers who worked for them. Since then, the company makes frequent references to it's roots, and there is a world of wrestling fans who would like to honor Bruno for his accomplishments....... yet, he won't allow it.

Sad for him, sad for all of us.

Mustang Sally said:
and there is a world of wrestling fans who would like to honor Bruno for his accomplishments....... yet, he won't allow it.
What accomplishments? I dont care how long he held the WWWF title. During his time with the title wrestling was still in the territory era. So that's not like being champion today. Stan fuckin Stasiak held the title back then too. So maybe people should start treating him like he's a wrestling God also.

Owen is not inducted because his widow Martha will not allow it. Bret has said that he would be ok with Owen in there with him but unfortunately its up to Martha if he can be in or not

It could be because Backlund had a small TNA run, just a thought. That probably why. They could just be waiting though. I am not Mcmahon. I do not know.

From my understanding. This is probably just a rumor. Savage allowed Steph to suck on his wang, when she was like 17-18. I've heard she was 13. But why wouldn't Savage be in jail, and the simple math of the years. Just makes no since. Whatsoever.

Nope, hopefully not. Warrior is known for what he had done come to drugs and the such. WWE does not want this type of icon for their company. In their Hall of Fame. Not to mention Warrior just blew chunks every time he entered into a WWE ring.

A lot of questions id love to get some answers on.

Give them time, they can not induct everyone at once. Bruna WILL get into the WWE hall of fame.

In the case of Owen Hart, WWE has to deal with Martha Hart on the induction. Now, while Martha has been firm in her stance against WWE it's still possible for her to say yes to an induction. But, then you have to think...how comfortable would Vince be with a widow of an ex-wrestler/employee who died in-ring and blamed WWE for the death for nearly a decade. I think that inducting Owen will have to take two things, 1. Martha Hart's approval and 2. Assurance to Vince McMahon that she won't speak at the induction.

Randy Savage - He has really crossed the bridge into lunacy. I think the opportunity is there for him but he has done nothing but dig himself into a hole since leaving in 1994. The Stephanie Rumors are in my opinion... dumbfounding! Had Savage slept with her the day of leaving the company, she still wouldn't have been 18! You think Vince would've let that slide had it been a statutory issue? Keep in mind even though Savage left abruptly in 1994, Vince still gave him a salutation on RAW that week. Had it have been that bad I think Vince would've carried on and not mentioned him ever again. I think it stems back to when WCW folded and the NWO returned to WWE at the time Savage was blasting Hogan and Vince in rap songs.

Warrior - NO WAY! Sting will get in before the Warrior ever does...and Sting deserves it! Yes, Warrior was a marketing dream and a charismatic performer but, he was garbage in the ring, disrespectful in the locker room, and more importantly he didn't care at all about the business. If you look at the HOF you'll notice a theme with guys like Flair, Rhodes, Hennig, Andre, and even Hogan...in that they all LOVED the business. Should WWE induct Warrior, it'd be going against that philosophy. Going back to the Owen issue...I think that a primary factor in him not being in is how it would go down publicly. So if Vince is worried about Martha Hart's mouth, how would he fare with giving Jim "Warrior" Hellwig 5-8 minutes with an open mic?? Not too mention the constant verbal bashing Warrior has laid down on WWE mainstays like Hogan, HHH, Steph, HBK, and even Vince himself....No way he sniffs the hall.

Backlund - Bob Backlund is a hall of famer. And I believe he'll be inducted within the next few years. The problem is Bob's involvement with TNA and his general mindset.

Bruno - He'll have to be inducted posthumously... He just simply hates the world. Should he ever choose to be inducted I think Vince would be too frightened of what he'd say on the mic.

Guys that should get in:

Rick Rude, The Hart Foundation, Undertaker, HBK, Arn Anderson, The Rock, Ron Simmons , Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom/Road Warriors, Sunny, Tully Blanchard, Ted Dibiase, Stu Hart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back