• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should induct the Ultimate Warrior into the HOF?

It's kind of hard to say when you think about it. Generally speaking, the two guys most associated with Warrior are Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage. I know that fans would want someone that was really connected to Warrior to induct him and say all the glowingly nice compliments about him that one would expect as part of such a moment. The problem is that Warrior has spent most of the past 20 or so years effectively burying damn near everybody that he's ever worked with in wrestling, including Hogan & Savage. Savage is dead & gone and there's no telling if Hogan would be willing to let bygones be bygones to induct him.

Whilst Savage and Hogan are the biggest two, there are others you can associate with the Warrior. They could think outside the box and have Sting induct him. Within WWE, Rick Rude is no longer with us so that him out of the running. However there is still Undertaker, although with Paul Bearer likely to go in and because Undertaker is bound to have doubts about Warrior's attitude thats unlikely. Then there are the likes of Slaughter, although Slaughter is now always remembered as a face he seems the best bet within the the company.

However I highly doubt it will be Hogan, just the presence of the man and the crowd reaction could easily get Warrior ****ed off. I think they will pay safe or go for Sting.

Seriously guys? I'm starting to get a complex here, WWe have a guy who was part of Hellwig's development who is a great orator and can either 'sincerely' induct him "I saw something special in the young Warrior..." or work towards a WrestleMania match against his boys.

l_display_image.jpg

Or... (and I don't think I've seen him mentioned as yet), how about someone he did have a rivalry and with who I'm not aware of any bad blood - the only issue would be that this guy is not known for breaking character in public ESPECIALLY in front of the WWe Universe.

blast-from-the-past-taker-and-warrior-253x300.png

are you on crack?...the warrior ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the hall of fame, one of the most exciting men of the 80s and 90s, a little batshit crazy?.....OBVIOUSLY, but are we not forgetting a top 5 match of all time at WM 6?.....a crazy feud with papa shango that scared the shit out of me as a kid and lets not forget him being trapped in that casket, eek!....Warrior definitely deserves this, and as far as who should induct him, if anyone, it shoulda been the Texas Tornado...RIP

I don't have a problem with Warrior going into the HOF at all. In fact, I've always been somewhat of a fan of his, even when (and maybe because) he was having one of his crazier moments. Sure, I don't agree with a lot of the things he says... but I'll be damned if he's not entertaining in his craziness!

He was a huge star when I was a kid, and definitely had some memorable matches and feuds, even if his career wasn't the longest or most storied. But if Koko B. Ware is in the HOF... erm... I guess we need speak no further.

For the induction: I guess Triple H will do it. As most of you have stated, Warrior has beef with most of his generation, with the most obvious inductors Heenan and Hogan both not being on the best of terms with him... VKM himself doesn't really induct (except for SCSA, who was WWE's version of Jesus Christ anyways), so my vote goes to Trips, who at least has some kind of connection to Warrior and is a big name himself.

Edge & Christian, as two Warrior fans back in the day, get my vote as runner-ups. Dutch Mantel/Zeb Colter would be an interesting choice as well, as some of you have mentioned.

But seriously... I am SO looking forward to this acceptance speech. It will be DESTRUCITY at it's best, when the Warrior enters the Terrain of Testament, after filling his space ship with rocket fuel... and FINALLY heads into Wrestlemania, Hoke Kogan! ;)

Seriously guys? I'm starting to get a complex here, WWe have a guy who was part of Hellwig's development who is a great orator and can either 'sincerely' induct him "I saw something special in the young Warrior..." or work towards a WrestleMania match against his boys.

l_display_image.jpg

Or... (and I don't think I've seen him mentioned as yet), how about someone he did have a rivalry and with who I'm not aware of any bad blood - the only issue would be that this guy is not known for breaking character in public ESPECIALLY in front of the WWe Universe.

blast-from-the-past-taker-and-warrior-253x300.png

Zeb Colter...well I never knew this but yeh that is a great shout. I can live with this.

Undertaker...will Bearer rumored to be going in it wouldn't make sense to induct Ultimate Warrior. A no from me.

My shout would be Vince McMahon. He created the character, gave him a platform to perform on and then invited him back. They have history and what a way to build bridges and let the past lie.

Isn't it kind of clear that Hogan is probably going to be the one to induct the Warrior? With Mania 30 being a review and celebration of its history, isn't it the proper way to remember Mania 6 if Hogan inducts the man who beat him?

Isn't it kind of clear that Hogan is probably going to be the one to induct the Warrior? With Mania 30 being a review and celebration of its history, isn't it the proper way to remember Mania 6 if Hogan inducts the man who beat him?

Don't they hate each other though? Warrior hates him anyway so I don't really see it happening

Warrior said some horrendous things about Hogan. This wasn't just shooting, this was very personal.

Warrior released a youtube video on Hogan which was scathing. Hogan will not want to induct Warrior and I doubt Warrior would want Hogan to induct him.

I am saying this has pretty much no chance.

nobody who was on the Warrior burial dvd should be able to induct him.
I believe the Honkytonk Man should also be inducted this year, so I wouldnt go with him either.
Maybe a returning Shane McMahon could induct Warrior. But definitely not Hulk Hogan, Vince, HHH or any of the guys who buried him on the dvd a few years ago.

I wouldn't be shocked if Vince McMahon himself inducts Warrior into the HOF this year. It's well known that Warrior burned bridges with alot of his peers over the years, including Hulk Hogan, who plenty of people seem to think may induct him. Warrior has really ripped into Hulk on numerous occasions over the years, and there hasn't been any sign of the bad blood between the two ending, so I would say Hogan is a definite no-no.

Vince and Warrior have mended their relationship now, with a new more positive Ultimate Warrior DVD rumoured to be be coming in the near future, so what better way to welcome the Warrior officially back into the WWE family than with Vince McMahon personally inducting the crazy bastard into the HOF this year?

I wasn't really a huge fan of Warrior either but I wouldn't say he's irrelevant. He was pivotal to how the future of pro wrestling panned out in his time, whether his impact was positive or negative is the only argument.

As for who should induct him, I don't know, as soon as I saw he was being inducted, I wondered who would induct him.

He hates Hulk Hogan so he's unlikely to induct him.

He lost the belt to Sgt Slaughter so maybe slaughter could induct him.

He had an ok feud with the Honky Tonk Man, maybe him. Jake Roberts wrestled him from memory.

I think his most entertaining matches were against Rick Rude but we all know why he won't be inducting him.

I think Sgt Slaughter should do it, why? because I can't think of anyone notable who was on his side back in the day.

Having heard Ultimate Warrior's confessions on YouTube, it should obviously be Jerry Brisco or Pat Patterson. :)

But no, in all seriousness, I think it should be Hulk Hogan.

This is gonna sound really funny and stupid at the same time but I honestly think that the only proper way for warrior to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame is for Warrior to do it himself...He created this persona and has dedicated his life to living through the eyes of this fictional person I think it's only suiting that he himself induct "The Ultimate Warrior" into the WWE Hall Of Fame.

The latest reports suggest that Hulk Hogan will indeed be the one to induct Warrior. While it's true, at least according to every report I've read, that Hogan & Warrior aren't exactly bosom buddies, Hogan's probably the best choice to do so.

I mean, let's face it, the single most memorable half hour or so of Warrior's entire career was his match against Hogan at WrestleMania VI becoming the first man to win the WWF Championship while he was still Intercontinental Championship. It was also among the most entertaining matches, in my eyes, either one of them ever had. The match had a ton of hype & build while both men were extremely popular. They were, hands down, the two biggest babyface stars in wrestling at that time. It felt like an epic clash and it came off like an epic clash.

If it boiled down to WWE finding someone in the business that generally likes Warrior, and vice versa, as a person, you'd have an easier time converting Rush Limbaugh into a liberal. Warrior has had very little in the way of goodness to say about virtually everyone he's ever worked with and vice versa. I don't know that there's anyone who he worked with that has any warm & fuzzy feelings towards him, so having him inducted by the man he faced in his biggest match makes the most sense.

I get that Warrior & Sting knew each other & worked together in the earliest days of their careers, but it's just not realistic. So far as I know, Sting is still signed with TNA and it's highly unlikely that he'll even be contractually allowed to appear at the HOF induction ceremony. If I'm not mistaken, TNA has a 90 day no compete clause, as WWE does, that prohibits a released wrestler from appearing for any other wrestling company that has a TV deal. If Sting's contract ended today, he still wouldn't be able to show up in WWE until sometime after WrestleMania. Also, most average fans don't know and might not care about the fact that Sting & Warrior knew each other back in the days when they were first starting out. His association with Hogan due to their feud in 1990 is far more well known even to the most average fan.

The latest reports suggest that Hulk Hogan will indeed be the one to induct Warrior. While it's true, at least according to every report I've read, that Hogan & Warrior aren't exactly bosom buddies, Hogan's probably the best choice to do so.

I mean, let's face it, the single most memorable half hour or so of Warrior's entire career was his match against Hogan at WrestleMania VI becoming the first man to win the WWF Championship while he was still Intercontinental Championship. It was also among the most entertaining matches, in my eyes, either one of them ever had. The match had a ton of hype & build while both men were extremely popular. They were, hands down, the two biggest babyface stars in wrestling at that time. It felt like an epic clash and it came off like an epic clash.

If it boiled down to WWE finding someone in the business that generally likes Warrior, and vice versa, as a person, you'd have an easier time converting Rush Limbaugh into a liberal. Warrior has had very little in the way of goodness to say about virtually everyone he's ever worked with and vice versa. I don't know that there's anyone who he worked with that has any warm & fuzzy feelings towards him, so having him inducted by the man he faced in his biggest match makes the most sense.

I get that Warrior & Sting knew each other & worked together in the earliest days of their careers, but it's just not realistic. So far as I know, Sting is still signed with TNA and it's highly unlikely that he'll even be contractually allowed to appear at the HOF induction ceremony. If I'm not mistaken, TNA has a 90 day no compete clause, as WWE does, that prohibits a released wrestler from appearing for any other wrestling company that has a TV deal. If Sting's contract ended today, he still wouldn't be able to show up in WWE until sometime after WrestleMania. Also, most average fans don't know and might not care about the fact that Sting & Warrior knew each other back in the days when they were first starting out. His association with Hogan due to their feud in 1990 is far more well known even to the most average fan.

TNA and WWE have worked out deals with each other before when it comes to HOF. WWE allowed Christian to go for 1 ppv to TNA on their 10th anniversary? I think it was in turn TNA allowed Flair to be there when they inducted the 4 Horsemen. So they could work out something like that. Also since it isn't a match and wouldn't be hyping a match, Sting could go as a private citizen as it wore and just be Scott Borden inducting his friend Jim Hellwig. Unless there's a clause in the contract that states Sting can't appear in ANY capacity for the other promotion, then this would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back