Who will never grace the HOF?

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
o ECW Championship (1 time)
o WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jeff Hardy
o WWF European Championship (1 time)
o WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Jeff Hardy
o WWE Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Montel Vontavious Porter
o WWE United States Championship (1 time)

Yeah i think hes in

Yeah ... the Hardy's will go in at the same time at some point. They will go in as a tag team and as individuals and it will be the headlining act. They will probably both have world title reigns yet to come and both comprise one of the biggest tag teams of all time.
I suspect we will see the Dudley Boyz at some point as well while speaking of tag teams and maybe even the New Age Outlaws ... maybe a whole Tag Team class.

See I kinda question who should go in

There are many superstars that have won titles, but have made little to no impact on the industry.I believe Matt Hardy is an example..dont get me wrong, as a tag team, the Hardy Boyz were apart of the TLC pioneers, but as an individual, honestly what else did he do..its not about the title wins or the streak, you gotta make some sort of impact and change to the business..

I feel kinda the same for Jeff Hardy..well its WAY to early to discuss him at this moment in time..

Its kinda hard to answer this question considering WWE will induct anyone...and I mean ANYONE..They look at people who had gimmicks, stints with WWE, and also look at people who changed this business..From Pete Rose....to Bret Hart (That's what I mean) or from The Fridge to Hulk Hogan..just 2 examples

I consider myself a bit of a WWE HOF expert. I have nothing to prove this, but I think that I've been able to decipher some trends among the way the bring people into the HOF. So here's my two cents on a bunch of people previously mentioned.

Sting - Obviously his career needs to end first. Then Vince will need to analyze whether or not he wants to put him in, despite never working for WWE. It's not unprecedented, since Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Eddie Graham, and Gordon Solie are all in, though technically Gagne and Graham worked shows for either Capitol Wrestling Federation and World Wide Wrestling Federation. Now assuming Vince wants him in, and I think he will, Sting will have to accept it. That might be a bigger question, since he may not agree with "the product" and things of that sort.

Randy Savage - Whatever bad blood there is between him and Vince needs to be resolved. Maybe the DVD release will help? Maybe not?

The Ultimate Warrior - He's mad with WWE because of the DVD, and I could see why he would be. At the same time, I think he deserves the abuse he receives, because it's a product of his own attitudes and behaviors over the years. I actually don't think Vince would object to inducting him, since he knows it would attract ratings. I do think he might be afraid to give Warrior an open mic since who knows what he might try to say.

Bruno Sammartino - Well, he hates Vince. He hates today's wrestling. He thinks the HOF is a joke because Pete Rose was inducted and also because it isn't an actual building or place he could visit. He's been asked and he's refused. In doing so, Bruno has condemned himself to irrelevance. The younger people who watch wrestling today don't care about Bruno Sammartino. Heck, I'm 28 and I never saw Bruno wrestle and don't care much about him either, other than knowing he belongs in the HOF. Bruno is much too old-school for his own good. When you come right down to it, Bruno was never as good or as important as he would like to think he is. He was essentially a regional champion, it just so happens the region where he wrestled is the one succeeded in going national, and had the right demographics for his personality (heavily Italian-American). Still, he belongs in the HOF, and only he is preventing that.

Bob Backlund - Another no-brainer. Supposedly he's been offered and declined, supposedly because he believes he has another run as a wrestler left in him. I don't know if that's foolish optimism or signs of a delusional mind. Sounds like a combination of both. Whenever he gets past that, or feels that he's had that run, I'd imagine he'll accept. He'll definitely be in some day, that's not even a question.

Scott Hall & Kevin Nash - I'll group these two together since they're so closely tied together in their histories. They both have the talent, accomplishments and importance that, in my mind, makes them worthy of the HOF. But other issues may prevent it from happening. For Hall, it's all about the drug use. I read a recent interview with Nash where he made it sound as if Hall is beyond the point of anyone's help with his addictions and that he needs to straighten himself out. I would be pessimistic about that happening. For Nash I think it depends more on Vince's attitude towards him and his relationship with TNA. Whenver he's done with TNA, I'd have to think Vince would consider him, and it would just be a matter of when.

Jake Roberts - Basically see Scott Hall. If he has his addictions in check, I know Vince would induct him. Also see Ultimate Warrior. If Vince knew he could trust Jake with an open mic, I know Vince would induct him. He said as much on Jake's DVD. Again, I think this will happen, but Jake needs to be straight.

Owen Hart - This all hinges on his widow. If she remains steadfast in wanting nothing to do with Vince and WWE, he'll never be there. I know that Bret Hart has several times complained about Owen not being in, to which I'd always like to remind him that, presumably, his sister-in-law is holding that up, not Vince. This is still a big question mark.

Brian Pillman - Pillman's a bit borderline in terms of actual ring accomplishments. In terms of innovation, both in-ring work and character development, Pillman is on top of the heap. That said, his career was kind of short. It's somewhat debatable as to whether he belongs. My personal opinion is that he does belong. I don't see why Vince wouldn't induct him, and I can't see where Pillman's wife would be opposed.

Ted DiBiase - He'll be in. Don't know what's taking so long, but he'll be in. No doubt.

Rick Rude - He should definitely be in as well. Again, don't know what's holding this up, except possibly the fact that's he's deceased, which is also probably what's preventing Pillman from being in. I expect Rude to be there one day.

Brock Lesnar & Bobby Lashley - I don't know why they're being discussed. They'll NEVER be in because their careers where way too short. Now, if they should come back, we can discuss them again. But to me Lashley was extremely overhyped, overrated and overpushed. There was nothing spectacular about him except his physique, and that's not good enough to get in. Lesnar was certainly on a track, but he basically threw away everything he was given. He would have a much more compelling case than Lashley, if that's saying anything, but it's not going to happen unless he returns, which looks extremely doubtful.

Eric Bischoff & Paul Heyman - In my estimation, both deserve to be in. There are very few promoters who have made contributions that truly enhanced the wrestling business in lasting ways. Bischoff & Heyman belong in that group. In my mind, they were both better promoters than Bill Watts, at least in terms of storyline innovation, if not in pure business terms (then again, all 3 of their promotions eventually went under, so maybe they're all on equal footing there). The relationships between WWE and these two seem to be shaky right now, so it will probably be a while. Also, Vince McMahon should be in before these guys and I don't think Vince is going to induct himself, so we'd have to wait for him to pass on before these two get in.

Chris Jericho - Just mentioning him because someone said that his current gimmick will prevent his induction. Um, no. Gimmicks change all the time. Jericho will get in one day, his current disparaging of gimmicks aside. Remember, Sgt. Slaughter was once an Iraqi sympathizer who burned the American flag as part of his gimmick. Last time I checked, he was in the HOF.

Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley - Well, when they're done with TNA, they've all got a chance. The bridges between them and Vince will have to still be open, which is all depends.

Jeff Jarrett - He doesn't have a chance because he's so invested in TNA and Vince doesn't think much of him. I say he deserves it, but what I say doesn't matter.

Chris Benoit - Yea. Never. Never. Never. I am interested to hear whatever Vince says about him on the upcoming ESPN E:60 special this Tuesday, but I can't imagine he'd publicly say anything different now. It doesn't matter anyway, because he'd never be able to justify putting in a double murderer, no matter what he did in his career. As much as I like to separate his in-ring work from his last act, in this case you simply cannot do that. He'll NEVER be in.

Now, here are some I don't recall being mentioned.
Ole Anderson - Ole belongs in, whether as a member of The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (with Gene Anderson) or as a member of The Four Horsemen, or just by himself. However, he hates Vince just as much as people like Bruno Sammartino. He also never worked for Vince. It sounds as if he's not on the best of terms with guys like Ric Flair and Arn Anderson who might try to go to bat for him as well. So just like Bruno, he's too old-school for his own good, will not be remembered as he should, and has no one to blame but himself.

Bruiser Brody & Abdullah the Butcher - I'm putting these two guys together because they're so "mythic" in stature for their styles of wrestling. But Abdullah never worked for WWE and Brody barely worked for WWE. So I think these guys deserve to be in, but it's a question of whether or not Vince wants them in.

The Fabulous Freebirds - Again, they barely worked for WWE. But they're very deserving. So long as Michael Hayes remains an employee and in Vince's good graces, which seems to be shaky as well right now from what I've read, this may not happen.

Jim Cornette - He is one of the legendary managers of all time. But he had a very messy departure from WWE and still criticizes them, so he may never got the honor he deserves.

I can't really think of any others right now, and I've rambled long enough as it is. Respond at your own peril.

bruno samartino actually turned down an induction
and benoit is pretty self explanatory
other then that vince can bury the hatchet

Randy Savage will never be inducted into the hall of fame simply due to the fact that he popped Steph's cherry when she was 14.

As long as a McMahon is running the WWE, Chris Benoit will never get into the Hall of Fame. Who knows, after 25 or 30 years he may get in but I still don't see that happening and that's a shame.

As long as a McMahon is running the WWE, Chris Benoit will never get into the Hall of Fame. Who knows, after 25 or 30 years he may get in but I still don't see that happening and that's a shame.

I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you on that point. I was always a big fan of Benoit and thought he was always vastly under-used during his career.

That being said, HE MURDERED HIS WIFE AND SON! I know that we'll never know the whys for what he did, but you simply CANNOT excuse what he did in ANY way, shape or form.

You cannot put a murderer in the HOF.

I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree with you on that point. I was always a big fan of Benoit and thought he was always vastly under-used during his career.

That being said, HE MURDERED HIS WIFE AND SON! I know that we'll never know the whys for what he did, but you simply CANNOT excuse what he did in ANY way, shape or form.

You cannot put a murderer in the HOF.

OJ Simpson would disagree with you!!!

Ah, but the difference is that OJ did his murdering (yes, if he did it), after he was already in his sport's HOF. Sadly, you can't be removed from a HOF once you're in, and since he was acquitted, he couldn't be removed from it anyway.

I know different circumstances but I just couldn't resist.

I agree though, Benoit will NEVER be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Sammartino is unlikely to go in because he refuses to let go of the past. Sammartino is a very very very old school Italian-American that will carry this grudge to his grave. He practically disowned his son for dabbling in steroids and smoking some weed so I doubt he'll get past the issues he has with modern wrestling in general. From what I've heard, he's been offered a spot multiple times and has only refused it.

I doubt that Warrior will go in, which I don't think is a bad thing at all. He was a terrible worker that had to be carried in each and every match he wrestled, he had maybe three moves total and, while I know this doesn't count but I think does merit some mention, the guy is a despicable excuse for a human being. Warrior was a perfect example of just how much of a bodybuilding mark Vince was, and really still is to this day. He looked like a million bucks no doubt, but he made Hogan look like Bret Hart.

I doubt that Sting will be in the HOF since he's had nothing to do with WWE his entire career. Though, I think the real reason he'll never make it is because he's, essentially, the only major U.S. wrestler to debut in the past 25 years to make it big without ever having set foot at any time in a WWE ring. The thought of an American wrestler making it big without Vince is the type of that that would rub Vince the wrong way. I don't mean to sound as though I'm unnecessarily beating up on Vince, but it's true. His ego is so large that nothing would please him more than to literally be able to re-write history: God made the Heavens and the Earth while Vince McMahon, Jr. made professional wrestling.

I doubt that Sting will be in the HOF since he's had nothing to do with WWE his entire career. Though, I think the real reason he'll never make it is because he's, essentially, the only major U.S. wrestler to debut in the past 25 years to make it big without ever having set foot at any time in a WWE ring. The thought of an American wrestler making it big without Vince is the type of that that would rub Vince the wrong way. I don't mean to sound as though I'm unnecessarily beating up on Vince, but it's true. His ego is so large that nothing would please him more than to literally be able to re-write history: God made the Heavens and the Earth while Vince McMahon, Jr. made professional wrestling.

Actually I read that Vince wanted Sting to be the Top HOF guy this year but once he found out he was working for TNA he is deciding to waint until his career is over...With that being said, we will see Sting in the Hall one day

Here are my choices
Sting- The reason here is simply not cause he had nothing to do with WWE ever but like Jackhammer said. The real reason is that Sting is essentially the only major wrestler within the last 25 years to not once appear on WWE Programming. The thought of someone making it big witout ever going to WWE would make Vince crazy & in his mind it would rub him the wrong way. I will also agree with Jackhammer on Vince's ego & how it would literally please him to literally re-write history.

Ultimate Warrior- This man is a few cards short of a full deck. This man is a terrible worker & had to be carried in every single match. He is also a piece of shit excuse of a human being. I would be amazed if Vince actually put this nutjob in.

Just because Sting never worked for WWE is not going to keep him from being inducted into the HOF. Again, Vince inducted Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Eddie Graham and Gordon Solie who all had very little, if any actual time work for what is now WWE. Harley Race also worked for WWE only for about 2 years, and he's in the HOF. Even the Brisco Brothers never really wrestled for Vince McMahon in WWE, though obviously Gerry Brisco has worked behind the scenes for forever. It doesn't really matter if they actually worked for WWE.

Remember, WWE owns the assets or tape libraries of WCW, ECW, AWA, WCCW, Georgia Championship Wrestling, and Championship Wrestling from Florida besides their own. In my opinion, they have a responsibility to honor the entire history of wrestling because of that, not just their history of wrestling.

Two men who should definitely go in, which I haven't seen mentioned are Mick Foley and The Rock.

Mick Foley- should be recognized because, despite his limited wrestling ability (which he admits himself), he was able to entertain a crowd through putting his body on the line, night after night, for years. He is very well-respected by his peers (I have heard few in the wrestling industry who don't have soemthing nice to say about Foley), and he brings a unique presence few others have. I think the stumbling block is that he left WWE on bad terms, and is in TNA. If Foley were to be considered, it would only be if he comes back to WWE.

The Rock- Think about it- who was Austin's closest rival to entertainment, whether it be on the mike, or in matches against each other, than the Rock.
I consider the Austin-Rock match at WMX7 the best main-event in Wrestlemania history. He brought huge ratings and some of the most entertaining promos known to man (Youtube any of his promos, and it would be a rare on that didn't pay off).

But I think Vince is pissed with him for leaving the company to do movies. Also, I believe that the Rock would turn down any induction into the HoF until his movie career is over (as he, like Mickey Rourke, may think that an association with wrestling "ruins his cred").

Also, look at the feud Mankind (Foley) and the Rock had against each other. It was great. Their "I Quit" Match at RR '99 was one of the most brutal things I have ever seen. :undertaker2:

Here's my list of people who will probably not be inducted (and believe me some will are painful for me to list)

1. First and Foremost- Brian Fuckin' Pillman- Ok, I might be prejudice, as I'm from the same area of Ohio, and I've been a Pillman mark since 89. But he should be inducted base on his godliness alone, not to mention his work as a Horsemen, the Loose Cannon, and the first ever "cruiserweight" champ.

2.Owen Hart- Probably won't get in until the widow passes on and his kids say ok.

3.Ted Sr.- Even with all his NWA credentials, his WWE career was as an upper mid-carder, a tag team with Mike Rotunda, or a manager. Overall, most modern fans know him as a glorified jobber, which is a shame.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a note. I believe that Ted DiBiase Snr has already been inducted in the HoF. Can anyone back this up?

Honestly i only see Chris Beniot not making because what he did and what the image would be..... like someone said before yea foley and angle left but honestly there is no way in hell no pun intended keeping out foley at least.....hell i even see sting who has never wrestled in the WWE make it cause like that person said they are going to run out of big names and they need at least one big name a year. I mean (no disrespect) u cant headline with Hacksaw....and hell they mended the wounds enough to put Brett in the HoF so anything is possible

I consider myself a bit of a WWE HOF expert. I have nothing to prove this, but I think that I've been able to decipher some trends among the way the bring people into the HOF. So here's my two cents on a bunch of people previously mentioned.

Sting - Obviously his career needs to end first. Then Vince will need to analyze whether or not he wants to put him in, despite never working for WWE. It's not unprecedented, since Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Eddie Graham, and Gordon Solie are all in, though technically Gagne and Graham worked shows for either Capitol Wrestling Federation and World Wide Wrestling Federation. Now assuming Vince wants him in, and I think he will, Sting will have to accept it. That might be a bigger question, since he may not agree with "the product" and things of that sort.

Randy Savage - Whatever bad blood there is between him and Vince needs to be resolved. Maybe the DVD release will help? Maybe not?

The Ultimate Warrior - He's mad with WWE because of the DVD, and I could see why he would be. At the same time, I think he deserves the abuse he receives, because it's a product of his own attitudes and behaviors over the years. I actually don't think Vince would object to inducting him, since he knows it would attract ratings. I do think he might be afraid to give Warrior an open mic since who knows what he might try to say.

Bruno Sammartino - Well, he hates Vince. He hates today's wrestling. He thinks the HOF is a joke because Pete Rose was inducted and also because it isn't an actual building or place he could visit. He's been asked and he's refused. In doing so, Bruno has condemned himself to irrelevance. The younger people who watch wrestling today don't care about Bruno Sammartino. Heck, I'm 28 and I never saw Bruno wrestle and don't care much about him either, other than knowing he belongs in the HOF. Bruno is much too old-school for his own good. When you come right down to it, Bruno was never as good or as important as he would like to think he is. He was essentially a regional champion, it just so happens the region where he wrestled is the one succeeded in going national, and had the right demographics for his personality (heavily Italian-American). Still, he belongs in the HOF, and only he is preventing that.

Bob Backlund - Another no-brainer. Supposedly he's been offered and declined, supposedly because he believes he has another run as a wrestler left in him. I don't know if that's foolish optimism or signs of a delusional mind. Sounds like a combination of both. Whenever he gets past that, or feels that he's had that run, I'd imagine he'll accept. He'll definitely be in some day, that's not even a question.

Scott Hall & Kevin Nash - I'll group these two together since they're so closely tied together in their histories. They both have the talent, accomplishments and importance that, in my mind, makes them worthy of the HOF. But other issues may prevent it from happening. For Hall, it's all about the drug use. I read a recent interview with Nash where he made it sound as if Hall is beyond the point of anyone's help with his addictions and that he needs to straighten himself out. I would be pessimistic about that happening. For Nash I think it depends more on Vince's attitude towards him and his relationship with TNA. Whenver he's done with TNA, I'd have to think Vince would consider him, and it would just be a matter of when.

Jake Roberts - Basically see Scott Hall. If he has his addictions in check, I know Vince would induct him. Also see Ultimate Warrior. If Vince knew he could trust Jake with an open mic, I know Vince would induct him. He said as much on Jake's DVD. Again, I think this will happen, but Jake needs to be straight.

Owen Hart - This all hinges on his widow. If she remains steadfast in wanting nothing to do with Vince and WWE, he'll never be there. I know that Bret Hart has several times complained about Owen not being in, to which I'd always like to remind him that, presumably, his sister-in-law is holding that up, not Vince. This is still a big question mark.

Brian Pillman - Pillman's a bit borderline in terms of actual ring accomplishments. In terms of innovation, both in-ring work and character development, Pillman is on top of the heap. That said, his career was kind of short. It's somewhat debatable as to whether he belongs. My personal opinion is that he does belong. I don't see why Vince wouldn't induct him, and I can't see where Pillman's wife would be opposed.

Ted DiBiase - He'll be in. Don't know what's taking so long, but he'll be in. No doubt.

Rick Rude - He should definitely be in as well. Again, don't know what's holding this up, except possibly the fact that's he's deceased, which is also probably what's preventing Pillman from being in. I expect Rude to be there one day.

Brock Lesnar & Bobby Lashley - I don't know why they're being discussed. They'll NEVER be in because their careers where way too short. Now, if they should come back, we can discuss them again. But to me Lashley was extremely overhyped, overrated and overpushed. There was nothing spectacular about him except his physique, and that's not good enough to get in. Lesnar was certainly on a track, but he basically threw away everything he was given. He would have a much more compelling case than Lashley, if that's saying anything, but it's not going to happen unless he returns, which looks extremely doubtful.

Eric Bischoff & Paul Heyman - In my estimation, both deserve to be in. There are very few promoters who have made contributions that truly enhanced the wrestling business in lasting ways. Bischoff & Heyman belong in that group. In my mind, they were both better promoters than Bill Watts, at least in terms of storyline innovation, if not in pure business terms (then again, all 3 of their promotions eventually went under, so maybe they're all on equal footing there). The relationships between WWE and these two seem to be shaky right now, so it will probably be a while. Also, Vince McMahon should be in before these guys and I don't think Vince is going to induct himself, so we'd have to wait for him to pass on before these two get in.

Chris Jericho - Just mentioning him because someone said that his current gimmick will prevent his induction. Um, no. Gimmicks change all the time. Jericho will get in one day, his current disparaging of gimmicks aside. Remember, Sgt. Slaughter was once an Iraqi sympathizer who burned the American flag as part of his gimmick. Last time I checked, he was in the HOF.

Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner, Mick Foley - Well, when they're done with TNA, they've all got a chance. The bridges between them and Vince will have to still be open, which is all depends.

Jeff Jarrett - He doesn't have a chance because he's so invested in TNA and Vince doesn't think much of him. I say he deserves it, but what I say doesn't matter.

Chris Benoit - Yea. Never. Never. Never. I am interested to hear whatever Vince says about him on the upcoming ESPN E:60 special this Tuesday, but I can't imagine he'd publicly say anything different now. It doesn't matter anyway, because he'd never be able to justify putting in a double murderer, no matter what he did in his career. As much as I like to separate his in-ring work from his last act, in this case you simply cannot do that. He'll NEVER be in.

Now, here are some I don't recall being mentioned.
Ole Anderson - Ole belongs in, whether as a member of The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (with Gene Anderson) or as a member of The Four Horsemen, or just by himself. However, he hates Vince just as much as people like Bruno Sammartino. He also never worked for Vince. It sounds as if he's not on the best of terms with guys like Ric Flair and Arn Anderson who might try to go to bat for him as well. So just like Bruno, he's too old-school for his own good, will not be remembered as he should, and has no one to blame but himself.

Bruiser Brody & Abdullah the Butcher - I'm putting these two guys together because they're so "mythic" in stature for their styles of wrestling. But Abdullah never worked for WWE and Brody barely worked for WWE. So I think these guys deserve to be in, but it's a question of whether or not Vince wants them in.

The Fabulous Freebirds - Again, they barely worked for WWE. But they're very deserving. So long as Michael Hayes remains an employee and in Vince's good graces, which seems to be shaky as well right now from what I've read, this may not happen.

Jim Cornette - He is one of the legendary managers of all time. But he had a very messy departure from WWE and still criticizes them, so he may never got the honor he deserves.

I can't really think of any others right now, and I've rambled long enough as it is. Respond at your own peril.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Benoit will never get in, unless that guy JOhnny Angel is right, and Kevin Sullivan set up Chris Benoit and killed him. Then Vince would have no reason to deny him. But, as this is highly doubtful (and his death exposed the flaws in the WWE's bogus Wellness Policy) then he will never be in.

I actually don't agree with a lot of you, that they will all be eventually inducted. Because I don't believe it is a proper wrestling HoF , but a WWE HoF, according to Vince McMahon. He has the final say, and Vince is known to screw people he is not on good terms with, out of things before.I want to throw up three names. One who I believe, despite what you all say, will NEVER be inducted. The other two I believe got in for less than untraistic reasons.

Sting will NEVER ever be in the HoF, because it is a WWE HOF. I know people throw up Nick Bockwinkel and some others. But they were all promoters (who Vince bought out). It makes Vince look good to have them in, as he looks to be in touch with "wrestling heritage" while stroking his ego at the same time. Sting, whoever, is a wrestler, who has refused Vince's advances to join the WWE. He has made Vince look foolish by doing that. So he will be kept out as revenge for daring to "cross the boss" and not "selling out". Noone refuses Vince McMahon.

Hulk Hogan was put in, despite being on bad terms, because he agreed to work for Vince again. The two of them figured that they both won out of using the other for their own selfish ends. Hogan gets paid heaps and promotes himself, while Vince gets a ratings spike for fans who still ahng onto nostalgia and 'pop" for every little thing Hogan does.

Bret Hart was put in by Vince because it is his way of saying "It isn't me who has the problem with Bret" (making himself look good, and that it is Bret with the problem) (I mean, he still uses the "Montreal Screwjob" in angles, so he isn't the least bit sorry about it). Also, it was a way to trap Bret to appear at Wrestlemania 22 with the other inductees (meaning that he appears in a WWE arena again, something Bret vowed he would never do, and thus lose his moral highground). It would be Vince saying " See, see! Bret isn't a man of his word. So I was right, and he was wrong"). However, because of Bret's stroke, he couldn't make it to appear at WM22, quashing Vince's trap.

Basically what everyone has been saying
Benoit - again we all know why
Savage-
Warrior
Bischoff
Heyman
Sting - Probably not anytime soon, as long as he is in TNA, but he could be even though he's never wrestled in WWE. Although technically he has, on the last Nitro he technically wrestled for WWE even though it was a WCW show, it was already bought by Vince. But come on, Sting deserves it.
Why are people saying Owen Hart? He'll make it in the HOF. If Bret went in Owen will surely go in.

I actually don't agree with a lot of you, that they will all be eventually inducted. Because I don't believe it is a proper wrestling HoF , but a WWE HoF, according to Vince McMahon. He has the final say, and Vince is known to screw people he is not on good terms with, out of things before.I want to throw up three names. One who I believe, despite what you all say, will NEVER be inducted. The other two I believe got in for less than untraistic reasons.

Sting will NEVER ever be in the HoF, because it is a WWE HOF. I know people throw up Nick Bockwinkel and some others. But they were all promoters (who Vince bought out). It makes Vince look good to have them in, as he looks to be in touch with "wrestling heritage" while stroking his ego at the same time. Sting, whoever, is a wrestler, who has refused Vince's advances to join the WWE. He has made Vince look foolish by doing that. So he will be kept out as revenge for daring to "cross the boss" and not "selling out". Noone refuses Vince McMahon.

Hulk Hogan was put in, despite being on bad terms, because he agreed to work for Vince again. The two of them figured that they both won out of using the other for their own selfish ends. Hogan gets paid heaps and promotes himself, while Vince gets a ratings spike for fans who still ahng onto nostalgia and 'pop" for every little thing Hogan does.

Bret Hart was put in by Vince because it is his way of saying "It isn't me who has the problem with Bret" (making himself look good, and that it is Bret with the problem) (I mean, he still uses the "Montreal Screwjob" in angles, so he isn't the least bit sorry about it). Also, it was a way to trap Bret to appear at Wrestlemania 22 with the other inductees (meaning that he appears in a WWE arena again, something Bret vowed he would never do, and thus lose his moral highground). It would be Vince saying " See, see! Bret isn't a man of his word. So I was right, and he was wrong"). However, because of Bret's stroke, he couldn't make it to appear at WM22, quashing Vince's trap.

Nick Bockwinkel and Gordon Solie were not promoters that Vince bought out. Verne Gagne, Eddie Graham and The Briscos were promoters, and only The Briscos sold to Vince during their careers. AWA went under on its own, and Vince now owns the tape library. CWF also went under and essentially merged with Jim Crockett Promotions.

Sting will be in one day, as long as he wants to be in. If Sting is never inducted into the WWE HOF, it is not because of anything Vince decides, but because of what Sting would decide. Vince will do it because there would be money to be made.

As for Bockwinkel, Solie, Gagne, Eddie Graham or the Briscos: Well, believe it or not, it's possible for Vince to actually respect other promoters or stars that haven't worked for his company. The problem is that those I mentioned were big names before Vince bought the company from his old man. Gagne and Graham were big names while Vince was in grade school. During the 70s is really when Bockwinkel and the Briscos really made their biggest splashes, while Vince was still sorta low on the totum pole in his old man's company.

Since Vince McMahon took over the WWF in 1982, Sting is the biggest star in American wrestling since that time to have never wrestled for Vince. Vince may have said that he'd like Sting in the HOF, but that's just what he's saying. With Vince, you have to believe almost nothing you hear and maybe half of what you see. Maybe I'm misjudging him but, if I am, then it's his own fault. Although, when it comes down to it, I don't think Sting will mind if he's never inducted. He hasn't needed anything to do with the WWE before, so I don't think he'll be heartbroken if it never happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back