• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame that has yet to be inducted?

In terms of practically indisputable entries, a few come to mind

The Undertaker, HBK and HHH - yes, we all know they'll go in someday so there isn't a lot to say here, it's obvious why.

The Rock - would probably be open to being inducted tbh, once they've inducted a couple other headliners I'd be surprised if he wasn't in there.

Randy Savage - another guy who definitely deserves it, although whatever him and Vince fell out over is obviously still continuing it would seem. But definitely deserves it.

Other guys who probably DO deserve it but are a bit more "controversial" - Ultimate Warrior, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Booker T (when they retire)

vince mcmahon, i mean i know it's his company, but i don't think anybody involved in the business would disagree that he is quite possibly the most deserving of a place in the hall of fame

Though some people won't agree you gotta add Mr. T and Cyndi Lauper. Without them Mania I tanks and who knows how the business would have changed ?

I'd love to also see the Freebirds get in as well as the Midnight Express and the Rock n Roll Express.

No doubt both "Expresses" need to be in there as well as the Freebirds. Some other greats in my opinion are:
The original 4 Horsemen-self explanatory
Magnum T.A.-career cut WAY too short
Earl Hebner (that's right, the former senior ref, no one gives them any credit)
Undertaker-c'mon now
HBK-a true revolutionary
Tommy Dreamer-Mr. ECW
That's just a short list because I could sit her all day and mention names, especially since Vince owns all the WCW rights. Maybe I'll post more later.

im gonna get squashed for this one but chris benoit should be inducted maybe not now but later when people get over what happened. He was a great technical wrestler who had lots of fantastic matches so i believe he should be inducted one day.

as for who else savage deserves it he has been in so many historical moments and matches its not even funny

owen hart as some other people have already said he died doing what he loved doing

thats all i can think of for now ill post more when i think of some more

dansaun77 said:
BRUNO SAMMARTINO: This is a given obviously. He single handedly was the WWWF back in the 70's, selling out arenas all over the Northeast. That he has not been inducted is petty. Vince should just tell him he is being inducted, whether he accepts or not. Its Vinces baby after all, so if he doesnt accept his trophy, so be it.

I'd LOVE for Bruno to be inducted to the hall of fame. However, Bruno has basically Spat on Vince some time ago. I don't remember exactly what happened but Bruno and Vince do not see eye to eye when it comes to today's wrestling.

BOB BACKLUND: Apparently he accepted the invitation to be a part of the Class of 2004, but once finding out Pete Rose was being inducted, he withdrew all ties to the HOF, claiming it was not a real HOF and did not wnat his name associated with Pete Rose. C'Mon Bob, so being inducted with James Dudley is ok, but Pete Rose isnt???? Same as Bruno, just induct him already.

I agree with you on Bob Backlund. he should be inducted into the HOF. however he's being immature by rejecting it.

RANDY SAVAGE: The last of the big 3 who should be in without any arguments. Sure he has his problems with Vince, but so did Bret Hart. If they can bury there issues, or at least coexist for one night, then surely this pair can as well.

Here's another guy who I'd absolutely mark out for if inducted into the HOF. However him and Vince aren't on great terms right now. Plus I believe he's a "few fries short of a happy meal" so to speak.

TED DiBiASE: The Million Dollar Man in my eyes wil be inducted in 2010 guaranteed. He was a brilliant heel, and an excellent ring technician. Successfully carried feuds with Hogan, Savage and Jake Roberts. Very worthwhile

Ted will obviously get inducted into the Hall. its only a matter of time really.

THE ROAD WARRIORS: Arguably the greatest tag team in the history of pro wrestling. Not sure whether Hawks drug related death had anything to do with them not being Inducted in Chicago, but if Perfectwas inducted, I dont see why Hawk and Animal are not certanties to be inducted either.

Again the Road Warriors should be inducted into the hall. They've already been inducted into the NWA hall I believe so its only natural Vince should induct them.

RICK MARTEL: A superb worker who came back from a near career ending neck injury to one of the best heels of the WWE in the 90's. Former AWA World Champion, held tag team gold with 3 different guys(HO, GAREA AND SANTANA), was a company man and thoroughly deserves a spot in any Hall Of Fame.

I'm sort of "iffy" on Martel. He's had a great career but I'm not sure WWE Hall of Fame worthy.

The Rock? He's "done" with wrestling isn't he? Of course there's people you can name before him that aren't in there. But this is the fucking ROCK! This dude got me into professional wrestling. He's the reason I turned on the TV to watch Smackdown or Raw or whatever else he was on. That's the one person i'd love to see be inducted, that is only if he's truly "done with wrestling."

They really should put together a physical museum for the HOF like theyve been talking about, but here's my picks...

The Road Warriors are my top picks, due to the sheer awesomeness of the team, even if it will be pretty sad to see Animal up there by himself

Actually, now that I think of it, there's several teams I'd like to see up there. Demolition, the Andersons, The Dudley Family, The British Bulldogs... or if they dont want to induct them as a team, just The British Bulldog

I would personally LOVE to see Randy Savage inducted. He is an all time great who deserves recognition. My buddy truly believes that Warrior will be inducted this year (2010). That, I believe, is deserving.

perhaps next year wwe could concentrate an entire year on tagteams (I cant see it happening this year) eg. The British Bulldogs, Road Warriors, Demolition, among others with DX headlining. just a thought. They all deserve it. Dynamite and Hawk are mired in controversy.

Also, I think the first ever black World Champion should be inducted this year, the same year he was inducted to the Georgia Sports HOF, Ron Simmons.

A personal favorite of mine who is also controversial is Jake Roberts. He officially retired this year, perhaps mending bridges with him now would be a good move. (provided he is clean and/or willing to get clean) it could be a very positive story for WWE.

I'll start with Randy Savage, a no brainer to everyone here. This guy was truely ahead of his time in the early-mid eighties and was a staple of the WWF for a decade. The match he had with Steamboat is still arguably widely considered to be the greatest wrestling match of all time and deserves to be in for that reason alone. It's no secret he and Vince have their beef, but as Vince always says, it's about the fans. Maybe it's time he live up to that and give every old school wrestling fan what they want.

Secondly, Owen Hart. Owen was probably one of the most consistant workers ever. This guy always did his job. When Owen was face everyone absolutely loved him and when Owen was heel, he was despised. He always performed at an above average rate. He is like Shawn Michaels in that he worked well with everyone. I can not recall a bad Owen match. Owen held numerous WWF titles throughout his career and of coarse we can't forget that he was a 2 time slammy winner.... WOOO! From what I know the likelyhood of this happening is slim to none due to his widow's beef with wrestling, mainly the WWF and Vince McMahon. I think it's safe to say that she is robbing all of Owen's fans of what they feel Owen truely deserves.

I know a lot of us think that the WWE HOF isn't a REAL HOF but Vinny's favorites but it seems that Vince is trying to make it a REAL HOF and it's about time. Look at some of this years inductees: Stu Hart (soon to be) and Antonio Inok as well as many that are already in that never wrestled in WWE. On top of the WCW theme HOF next year (which to me sounds great) Vinny Mac is finally expanding his horizions and paying respect to those that made an impact on the business yet never stepped foot in his ring. Now to answer the question who deserves to be in the HOF that hasn't been inducted here's my list..........

Owen Hart- way overdue
Bob Backlund- WWE Champion for 5 or 6 years
Randy Savage- Was as big as Hulk Hogan if not more
Ultimate Warrior- as big as Hulkamania
Ravishing Rick Rude- great wrestler never to hold the WWE World title
Yokozuna- Huge Champion Huge Impact
Legion of Doom- Greatest Tag team in history
Miss Elizabeth- First Lady of Wrestling
Honky Tonk Man- Longest reigning IC Champ
Sting- the face of WCW
the Rock- need I say more?
Steiner Brothers- 2nd greatest team of all time