Sarita v. Taylor Wilde – feud worth watching?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
So if you haven't seen by now, neglected TNA Knockouts Sarita & Taylor Wilde have officially split over frustrations in the tag-team established on Xplosion and culminated on iMPACT! last night when Sarita – dressed in new all-black attire – attacked Wilde after her match with Madison Rayne.

The KOD is often maligned since the loss of most of it's key figures (at least on this forum), so I figured this discussion was certainly worth having – what will this do for the Knockouts Division? Better yet, will a feud not centered around Angelina Love or the Beautiful People help to re-establish some of the lure the division seems to have lost over the last year and a half?

--

That said, it's Q&A Time!

• What are your thoughts on Sarita/Wilde's return to iMPACT!?

• As a result, how do you feel about this feud between the two – what does it do for both characters, and will it truly help either?

• Realizing Sarita was almost always a prototypical face in the industry, do you think this will be a successful attempt to turn her heel?

Even if this feud does not reach the heights of Steamboat/Flair or Stone Cold/Rock in terms of quality, it at least shows that TNA is willing to address one of the major problems regarding Women's wrestling in the North America. Within WWE and recently TNA, the women's division has tended to focus solely on the titles, tag and singles, with little depth added aside from "I want to be champion."

Now with Angelina's revenge quest and this budding feud between Wilde and Sarita perhaps we will see something with a bit more depth.

In terms of in-ring ability, Sarita & Taylor Wilde are easily the two top women in TNA in my view. If TNA actually devotes tv time, interview segments and actual build up to this feud, then it could be something worth watching. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen these two on iMPACT! this year, so that's one thing that's obviously going to have to change.

A feud that doesn't center around The Beautiful People would be refreshing, a nice change of pace. Do I think it's going to be a game changer for the Knockout Division? Nah, probably not. I might very well be wrong, but I've read some reports on the net that suggest that TNA is pretty much giving up on a serious women's division. You know, reports based on backstage gossip and all this and that. Might not be a word of truth to it. But, at any rate, it'll take more than a feud between TNA's two most neglected Knockouts to turn things around.

Hey It's Damn Real!, I appreciate what you do a lot on here but must these forum questions be so textbook? I understand wanting to keep this section spam-free and orderly but how about questions that will invoke more dialogue without feeling like you're doing schoolwork all in prep for an upcoming exam?

For the Q&A Time!

I thought the turn was random out of no where but during Wilde/Rayne's match the commentators hinted at tension between the 2 taking place on TNA Xplosion.

But overall, I'm happy because we now get a 2nd KO feud on Impact something we haven't seen in a very long time. It's great to have a backup feud in the KO div. It's part reason why the division was so hot for prior year.

• As a result, how do you feel about this feud between the two – what does it do for both characters, and will it truly help either?

Really, the only good is that it gets them out of a tag team even though they were good because the truth is the BP & Angelina love have hogged the KO title scene and it seems as if TNA wants to keep it that way.

• Realizing Sarita was almost always a prototypical face in the industry, do you think this will be a successful attempt to turn her heel?

Why not, I don't think most of TNA's viewers have any knowledge that she's been a prototypical type of face for years. Her being a heel could get over well in the US

Truthfully, I only felt so-so about the backstage brawl between Sarita and Wilde... up until the point towards the end where Sarita decked Wilde as she was being held by security. That looked to be a legitimately wicked shot and showed that Sarita might have a bit of aggression in her after all. If that blow wasn't an "accident", it also shows that Wilde is willing to take one for the team.

I don't expect their feud to "make" the division per se, but it certainly can't hurt and will probably do better for both their careers rather than keeping them teamed up. I never really bought into the team of Sarita and Taylor Wilde anyway.

That said, it's Q&A Time!

Hopefully they are on every week to promote this fued, but they might always have just this brawl 1 match in two weeks then a hastly put together ppv match at VR

•
As a result, how do you feel about this feud between the two – what does it do for both characters, and will it truly help either?
Considering that kayfabe-wise the two members of TBP that people want to see are shelved and this Madison/Love fued is kinda lukewarm interest-wise, It could very well elevate both of them if the fued is done right.

•
Realizing Sarita was almost always a prototypical face in the industry, do you think this will be a successful attempt to turn her heel?
She sold the the enraged beating pretty well, we will have to see how good she is on the stick though.

Breakdown. TNA breaks more teams up then WWE, (but that beside the point.)

Sarita
was a wrestler that they were trying to push as a top face. Her body is all natural, but she just do not get over with the crowd. Making her go rogue is one way for the people to notice.

Sarita move list it really good compare to some of the other knockouts. I feel that she could go a long way, unless they are trying to move away from the Latino community. Her natural looks are America want to see, but she does not have the Blonde Bombshell, Big Boobs body.

She won a title less then 2 months in the federation, but got overlooked by her Tag Team partner, Taylor Wilde. Taylor Wilde already accomplish more things in TNA then any Knockout have done. She have clean wins over Awesome Kong. She also have defeated ODB, Angelina Love and Daffney (monster balls match) clean. If they allow Sarita to talk and bring up Taylor Wilde accomplishments approaching the envious, jealous, diva-like quality; then this will work better then Homicide and Hernandez split.

I have always liked Sarita, but she never really stood out. The attack was a nice start, I am looking forward to seeing her storyline progress, though I hope it's not the standard 'attack from behind, disrupt all her matches' gimmick, that has been way overdone, I would much rather see a series of matches settle their feud. The attack in the back was fine once, but if it keeps happening, I think it will quickly lose steam. If done well though, it can give one or both the opportunity to step up and be noticed. Sarita can be a good heel, but she needs some mic time to make it work.

Though I miss Gail Kim, Awesome Kong, Roxxi & Tara...and is ODB still around?...I have enjoyed Angelina Love's storyline of eliminating The Beautiful People, and I never really liked her when she led TBP. Hopefully, the Knockout Division can stop retiring people and the performers it has step up in the ring.

In my mind the Taylor Wilde and Sarita fued is irrelevant. You keep these two off tv forever it seems and then you bring them on impact and their fueding with each other? I have absolutely no interest in their fued although I will admit the backstage attack on Wilde by Sarita was done well. Finally I believe Saritas' heel turn could come off well if they Actually Keep Her On Tv Every Week! Instead of using her on tv what seems like once a month. Off topic.. Can any one tell me why Tna has knockout tag titles if theirs only one team?

In my mind the Taylor Wilde and Sarita fued is irrelevant. You keep these two off tv forever it seems and then you bring them on impact and their fueding with each other? I have absolutely no interest in their fued although I will admit the backstage attack on Wilde by Sarita was done well. Finally I believe Saritas' heel turn could come off well if they Actually Keep Her On Tv Every Week! Instead of using her on tv what seems like once a month. Off topic.. Can any one tell me why Tna has knockout tag titles if theirs only one team?

Can anyone tell me why the WWE has two tag team belts and two teams established for over a month and a half? It is not like they are constantly defending the KO tag titles or something. They are probably making a decision whether to phase them out or not presently.

I like the way they used these two KOs on the latest impact. Sarita needed a personality and Wilde needed to work on her look. So I felt this was a step in the right direction for both. We know they can both wrestle quite well, so it should be entertaining in that regard. I am interested to see if they can build eachother up in this storyline.

i think a knock outs feud not involving the BPs will be good, but what does this mean for the tag belts?

there are now a grand total of......1 teams in the division and they are both injured i believe. hopefully they finally drop the titles. they have been meaningless since there inception.

What are MY thoughts on Sarita/Wilde's return to iMPACT!? Don't have any cuz I barely know who they are.

How do I feel about the feud between the two ? what will it do for both characters, and will it truly help either one of them or both? It's a real fucking breath of fresh air. Though it's up to TNA to not drop the ball on this one. If this leads to a match at VR, not a lot of people would care since it's so soon and hardly any build-up -- the backstage fight is a good foundation.

Realizing Sarita was almost always a...prototypical face?...in the industry, do I think this will be a successful attempt to turn her heel?I hardly know anything about her other than being billed from Mexico and seeing her on that tournament to become the first Knockout tag team champions. Didn't know she was a face, just thought that she was just...there.

Keep in mind I'm a casual/new fan since October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back