• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabu released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Prax about the fact that just because you don't like the direction of your character and booking, you can't get away with breaking rules. He seemed to do that for quite a while too. Frankly, it seems like loyalty and respect are the best ways to be heard. If Sabu would've been a team player for the 10 months or so he had been there, maybe they would given his opinions more clout.

I am sad to see him go though. A recognizable, developed, very-over charcter is hard to come by. Matt Stryker, Snitsky, Extreme Expose are never going to get the reactions and fanbase that Sabu did. Plus, for all that he has done, it's sad that he won't get his payday. If he stayed and been pushed again, he may have gotten a DVD, more merchandise, PPV bonuses, etc.

Disagreed Mork, Kane has been a team player his whole career and not really gotten much from the company besides his tag runs. What makes you think Sabu, someone who has been there for a less amount of time, would get a different treatment?

I undertand, but Sabu certainly would've had a better chance if he showed more effort. I don't like the way he was booked, but you are under contract and why would they ever give you a push if you don't follow the rules?

For instance, he probably would've been in the Elimination Chamber match if he hadn't fallen asleep backstage because he didn't want to do promos?!

Basically, you're right, if he would've been the best employee the same result may have occurred, but he didn't give himself much of a chance.

Okay first off I am sort of Glad Sabu is out of there, just for his health, which as Kasey has pointed out in other threads was in danger due to the Ropes being actually rope and not having the tension for him to do his stuff properly.

Now for second it is a shame that he was released, He is one of the few that call themselves ECW originals, It is a badge I am sure all ECW alumni carry as a badge of honour, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he was criminally misused by WWE. I can understand his frustration with WWE and the need for him to do promos, he made a career out of letting his inring work speak for him, but they made him speak. I don't even know why they would care if he fell asleep backstage, if they knew where he was and they wanted to have a meeting or something they could have sent someone to get him, Im sure that they could give some leeway in the respect of sleeping backstage before the show, it would leave him fresh to go in the ring and ready to travel to the next city that the WWE would have to go to the next day/week. But the first nail in the coffin goes back to that drug bust that him and RVD had last year.

Pleaaaassseeeee go back to TNA Sabu, PLEASE. Maybe ROH. Just keep wrestling though, he's one of the most exciting men I've ever seen in the ring.

Knew this was coming though, expect Sandman to be released soon. Dreamer will stay, he's always been too much of a happy-go-lucky kinda guy to protest a job in the top promotion. Damn shame. There goes the last remaining links to the original ECW aside from Tazz and Joey Styles.

It's been said. The first nail in the coffin was definitly the drug bust with RVD. That's why Sabu stopped getting pushed. If you actually look he was pushed against Cena and he was the main face against Big Show for the title.

From then on don't get me wrong he was underused. However, when you have had a drug bust you have to work your way back by showing that you have...i dunno...a work ethic? Don't get me wrong i LOVE watching Sabu but after the drug bust, turning up late, not bringing his ring gear and falling asleep backstage there is no way he was going to get a push.

Incidentally in terms of falling asleep, of course WWE cared. The guy falls asleep before a match and you wouldnt be slightly angry or worried about not only Sabu's commitment but the quality of his coming performance??

It's a real shame that Sabu never got the push that we as fans, would love to see. However, the only reason Sabu didn't get his push is quite simply Sabu himself. WWE could not be seen pushing Sabu infront of the locker room after how he was acting. I have serious misgivings on how WWE has misused its talent ie. Benoit but i can't blame them for Sabu.

Thank God that Sabu is finally free from the hell that is McMahonland. I was at the ECW show last night (wearing my Sabu shirt) and was completely disappointed that I didn't get to see him perform. It was only after the show I found out about his release. I would be very happy to see Sabu head back to TNA to give it another run, however, I think it is more likely that he will work the independent circuit.

I wanted to see RVD and Sabu vs The Hardys in a TLC match.

ECW IS DEAD.....because

1) No Sabu

2) RVD is leaving

3) Sandman will probably be fired.

4) No extreme rules matches. Why call it ECW if it is not going to be extreme? They might as well change it and give it a Raw or Smackdown name. It basically is the minor leagues of the other brands.

5) Bobby Lashley is their number one guy. He has no mic skills and like John Cena is being thrown down our throats.

6) Vince McMahon is the ECW champ because there is no one else to give it too.

Sabu getting released was bound to happen but the way the reports sound about how he got fired, it seems like he doesn't care or that he was trying to get fired. He showed up late so many times already so he was probally on thin ice but then he comes late again. WWE should of made him do the job before they fired him. But then again WWE would look bad if Sabu was just one WWE TV and he appeared in TNA the next week or something like that. I wonder if he is on a no compete clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back