Maryse Released

'I am the Vice president of talent relations, let's eradicate anybody with the merest trace of personality'. What a stupid fucking mistake.

Maryse isn't the bank-breaker in terms of being able to draw attention to the divas in WWE but she's certainly one of, if not, the best assets they have in being able to do so.

I'm really getting sick of WWE trying to rid themselves of any almost self-made people. Maryse could do what was required of her and more then sufficiently in excess of that if necessary. Now she's temporarily jobless. I genuinely think WWE are encouraging TNA to get close to them to make the entire wrestling business more competitive, affluent and successful as a whole from resultant of rediculous actions.

If they are, then credit to them, they have the right head for long-term business on their shoulders. If not, then I pray that they have another plan because from the passer by's viewpoint, they are digging themselves a hole they can't dig out of with such ridiculous moves.

I was shocked to hear that Maryse was released. She was clearly the hottest of the current roster of WWE divas, which typically seems to be the most important thing to the WWE in terms of their female talent. Not only that, but by today's WWE standards, she was pretty decent in the ring. No, she wasn't exactly a mat technician, but she's certainly better than the Bellas, or Eve, or Kelly Kelly, or several others who are still employed. Combine all of this with her heel persona, her sexy French accent, and her relationship with the Miz, and I'm shocked and disappointed to see her go.

The release of Maryse better be followed up by the rise of Naomi Night to the main divas division. And I'm not talking about on NXT either. If Naomi's not going to take Maryse's place then there's nobody who can IMO... except maybe Vickie's daughter, story line wise.

Also, if this was per the request of Maryse, I have to say that if she goes to TNA I'll lose a lot of respect for her. She's very talented in the ring and all, but TNA would just use her to push that terrible excuse for a Maryse wannabe Velvet Sky. Then again, Maryse and Madison Rayne as a tag team would be a dream come true for me. Even still, I don't think her going to TNA would be a smart idea, especially if she's not wanting to burn bridges with WWE.

What I wouldn't mind, however, is seeing Maryse cross over into maybe the sitcom world. Maybe she can become an actress or even be a host on a Top Model reality show spin off.

Like I said, as long as she doesn't go to TNA and Naomi gets called up, then I'm fine.

I guess i'm kind of sad. I thought she had a pretty good heel persona that she performed well with. I'm definitely surprised. If anyone was gonna be released i would've thought it'd be someone like Alicia Fox or Rosa Mendes. Someone who's more expendable than Maryse since she's had 2 championships and her first one was 200+ days. Alicia's only had 1 that lasted 50-60 days and Rosa i don't think has ever even had a number 1 contender match, let alone an actual championship match.

I would've added Tamina to the list of "expendables" but obviously with her lineage that isn't gonna happen for a long time. I also would've added AJ/Kaitlyn, but i think they've got something goin' on on NXT(same goes for Maxine). They'd be absolutely crazy to drop Kharma since just the vignettes for her arrival had caused talk around the division. The Bella's are obviously not gonna get canned either since they're hot, identical twins. And Aksana has all that stupid shit goin' on with Teddy. Although i guess out of the rest of the Divas i just mentioned she also could easily be released without any repercussion. Then there is Layla, who is also out because of an injury. I don't think(or at least i hope) that they'd release her because she just came off of a big angle with Laycool and she's pretty decent on the mic and has greatly improved in the ring to the point of putting on some good matches.

Anyway, back to Maryse. I'm curious to see if she'll continue wrestling on the independent scene and/or go to TNA, which i think will really be good for her since she could work with and learn from great female wrestlers like Tara, Jacqueline, ODB, Sara Del Ray, MsChif, etc. Or if she's just gonna do what a lot of released former divas do: stop wrestling altogether(i.e. Maria, Tiffany, Lena Yada, and others)

According to what I read a few minutes ago, the decision to release Maryse was a company decision rather than she asking for her own release.

At any rate, it's not exactly a huge loss for the WWE. Let's be honest, Maryse's primary contribution to WWE viewers as as *********ory fantasy and it's not as if there aren't any other attractive women on the WWE roster to fill such a role. Also, Maryse had gone as far and done as much as she could in WWE. She was kinda limited on the mic and she was ok in the ring. I'm not saying she was great, but she could at least do a few things. They put the Divas Championship on her for a long time and she just didn't really get over. There's just not much else for her to do.

Hottest Diva title is now up for grabs. It has been passed from Sunny to Sable to Trish Stratus to Maria to Maryse to...

The hot title goes to Layla.. it's more like this, Sunny to Trish to Melina to Christy Hemme, back to Melina then to Layla :)

anyway.. I think it sucks. I enjoyed Maryse every time she was out there.. she was smoking hot and i didn't think her wrestling was that bad.. she's was more entertaining than Kelly Kelly :)

Ok.. I wasn't gonna comment!! But i'll just say this real quick.........

I noticed some of you say that you hope The Miz doesn't get the Morrison/Mcintyre treatment.

Morrison was punished because he spoke up to management about the Trish situation. And i'm sure Mcintyre was probably punished because he was actually involved in the situation with Tiffany.

Now for one, i'm not sure Maryse did anything to get herself in trouble. But if she did, despite The Miz disagreeing with the release(which i'm sure he does.....unless Maryse asked for it)........then he hasn't spoke publicly or complained about it to management!! So he's just fine with his position right now. WWE isn't just going to automatically punish him because him and Maryse are together!!

WWE seem to be releasing there talent tight now so rosa mendas, bella's are safe. I was pissed when Michelle McCool retired but i really thought Maryse would come back and just go for it because i read a few months back WWE had major plans for her. Im a fan of kelly and eve but there no real entertainment like it used to be. Natalya and beth should just feud with eachother and put on a decent match, most diva's make me cringe these days there shocking, WWE your on your arse.

This is a bad release.

Maryse had the qualities that the E should be praying to find once every 10 years.

#1. Jaw-Dropping Looks
#2- Athletic
#3- Unique character
#4- Charisma

Obviously she is super hot, but despite what some may say, she could go in the ring, and don't forget she was stuck wrestling some pretty poor in-ring chicks. If her competition was better, she could shined. The divas were on the back burner for most of her time in the E.

Uniquely, she had the French persona, which has never been done by a fem before. She had two heel attitudes, the French girl and the "Too Hot to for you"- Then playing BOTH was genius and an instant heel draw. But she could easily could drop the French and play a face by just speaking English. Her mic skills were well outstanding compared to the other Divas and above average for most of the males.

I really thought she "got" wrestling, just with her interaction with the fans during entrances, and with her in-ring expressions. I think she had the IT factor, where she drew audience's attention each time she came out. I loved the trench coat, i loved the hand motion to the fans, i loved the hair toss on the apron. Her music was very generic, and did nothing for her.

I really thought they could have built her as a center peice within the Divas, but unfortunately Vince decided that was going to be Kelly Kelly, which is a shame because Maryse has so much more to offer.

100% Agree. I always thought she had the potential to be one of the great. I don't know what it was that Maryse but to me she had the "hit" factor, even more than some of the guys.

Anyway if TNA ever want to reform TBP, she would be perfect for it.

Kinda surprising because Maryse is the posterchild (with Kelly Kelly) for that Barbie esque "Diva" image the whole division has had since the late 90s. She is everything we as wrestling fans perhaps dislike but always thought it was what Vince wanted. A blond, hot young thing with a 30 min tan.

She had more personality (which is saying alot) than Rosa, Eve and pretty much every Diva out there bar Layla.

Leads me to believe she wanted to be released or did something "bad". And in WWE "bad" can be leaning up on Booker Ts jacket or being rude to Trish Stratus (hey John Morisson hows it hangin'?).

Maryse released? This is very disappointing. She may not have been the best in the ring but she was far from the worst. I would have liked to see her return and try a face run, that more or less was all she had left to do because she has the record for longest Divas Championship reign. She had come a LONG ways since her days as the random french girl who welcomed viewers to Smackdown in taped segments. Maryse improved signficantly and how she gets released yet they keep Tamina or Rosa is beyond me. They made a mistake. I guess we might see her in TNA around February or so.

I'm kind of shocked to hear that Vince released Maryse. She had became a well established diva. As far as recognition w/fans, Maryse was up there w/Beth & Natalya. She had the French gimmick that gave her great heel heat. She's one of the divas that had a gimmick that got a loud crowd reaction. Most divas don't have those extra perks that make their character shine. I look at the division being built around what type of women men like instead of skills needed for "sports entertainment". Maryse fit that mold but was able to establish her persona more w/French stereotypes i.e. Stuck up, snobby, better than America. I don't recall a diva doing that. That's what ppl started associating w/her instead of just saying she's the blonde diva. As far as the division goes, most ppl would want to see her stay over Alica fox. The only reason Fox is still there is to appeal to black male fans, other than that she should of been gone because she is not good enough to keep around & let talent like Maryse go. I don't understand what the future holds for the divas. I'm wondering do they still have plans for Kharma. When she does come back, all of divas we would've like to seen her feud w/will be gone except beth & nat. I'm a female & I would love to see the divas like they were in the late 80's & early 90's, but the difference b/t those divas & the ones now is that they were interested in knowing the business & enjoyed competition like their male counterparts. Now the majority of women only go in to wrestling because they can have half assed matches & skills & use their beauty to get a paycheck. The women who want to do a lot & succeed in this business suffer because their mentality of women wrestling is not wanted anymore.

Maryse released? This is very disappointing. She may not have been the best in the ring but she was far from the worst. I would have liked to see her return and try a face run, that more or less was all she had left to do because she has the record for longest Divas Championship reign. She had come a LONG ways since her days as the random french girl who welcomed viewers to Smackdown in taped segments. Maryse improved signficantly and how she gets released yet they keep Tamina or Rosa is beyond me. They made a mistake. I guess we might see her in TNA around February or so.

Tamina can wrestle.

And what makes eveybody think Maryse will go to Impact?
Maryse is too good for Impact and not only that, I don't think she cares that much about wrestling to even try it somewhere else.

My brother may be right.

He always gives me crap about liking wrestling and claims everyone who likes it is gay. While I think that's not entirely true there are a lot of guys who are like, "Whatever, I don't care about Maryse, she's useless." You guys MUST be gay; that woman is ridiculously hot and was a LOT of fun to watch. It just amazes me how much crap the Divas get. Of the 2 hour show each week 1 hour and 57 minutes of it is mostly guys running around in spandex. It's nice to get a couple of hot women running around the screen even if for only a minute or three. Maryse was smoking hot and has pretty good ring presence. I was pretty excited about her returning. Bummed she's gone.

Meh. Not a big deal to me. She's been gone for awhile already, I almost forgot about her. Will it bum out a lot of fans? Sure. Maryse never really did anything for me even during the times I paid attention to the Divas other than the fact that she's really good looking. She was okay in the ring and not that great on the mic. Will this be a big deal in the grand scheme of things for WWE? Not at all.

This release doesn't bother me too much. Yeah, Maryse was GREAT eye candy, she did have tons a charisma, and she could be a solid enough heel, but her loss shouldn't hurt WWE. I never had that "man, I wish Maryse was back" feeling during her absence. Sometimes, when a wrestler lands on the shelf for an extended amount of time, I usually have this strong urge for a return. I want to see them on my TV screen again, but I only have this feeling, if I truly care about the wrestler, and I just didn't have this feeling for Maryse.

Maryse wasn't terrible in the ring, but the good majority of her matches were pretty forgettable. In the long run, Maryse will become another attractive woman, who was released from WWE, and I'm sure we'll all forget about her in the coming months. Maryse did have the ability to stand out every now and then, but she is replaceable, her absence was unnoticeable, and her loss won't hurt the women's division at all.

She had ability and she was attractive. I'm sorry to see her go, but they hadn't done anything with her for a quite some time. The WWE seems more content to just use Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, Natalya and Kelly Kelly.

I'd like to see Maryse in TNA, where they actually use their female talent better and with the whole Karen Jarrett storyline going on right now, she'd get some serious attention and time to showcase her skills. I mean Winter is up in WWE as Katie Lea Burchill, they don't do a fucking thing with her, she goes to TNA to become Winter, she becomes champ and has a meaningful part in the Knockouts division. It could happen with Maryse as well. I'm not saying Maryse is perfect or the best talent out there, but she could do something in TNA as a single performer or in their knockout tag team division. TNA seems to develop and use their women's division better.

NOOOOOO!It is a sad day that she was let go from the WWE. It is terrible they let her go. The reason why is because she made a great heel, after all when you get a beautiful diva and she is a real uhm female dog, makes her really hated. Another reason why she good for the company was the fact that she knew how to work the crowd. Lastly the reason why it is a sad loss is with that french accent and beauty, she was smoking!

I must admit, I really am sad to see Maryse no longer being a part of the WWE roster. She is one of my favorite divas of all time, ofcourse not for her ring work which is good but nothing to get excited about, it saddens me because she was one of the hottest laides to ever grace the ring with her presence. I do hope that she finds her way back or heads to Impact with Gail because I would be even more upset if I knew that I'd never see her on TV again. Whether that happens or not in regards to her time in the WWE, she was beautiful and she was a good worker, I will miss that rockin body.

WWE-Diva-Maryse-Striking-Her-Signature.jpg

Tamina can wrestle.

No she can't. She's awful, probably the worst diva they have. I'd rather watch a Vickie Guerrero in a match than ever see Tamina in another match.

And what makes eveybody think Maryse will go to Impact?

The fact that just about every WWE future endeavourement leads to the wrestler trying a run in TNA. Also the fact that over half of their roster is now made up of the WWE/WCW rejects.

Maryse is too good for Impact

Whoa, what? When did this happen!? I like Maryse as much as the next guy but she's not THAT good. If Mickie James isn't too good for Impact then Maryse surely isn't either.

I don't think she cares that much about wrestling to even try it somewhere else.

That may very well be true. We will just have to wait and see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if TNA approach her with an opportunity though because they seem to try to sign everyone who leaves WWE.

Miz has no backstage pull. Usually they would keep a top star girlfriend or wife around. :lmao:

She was definitely the hottest diva. But none of the current divas are over. They could replace all the current divas with NXT divas and it wouldn't be a big deal. She was probably making too much money for doing nothing. Girls like Tamina and Rosa are not making much, which is why they are still with the WWE.

Maryse is not too good for TNA. Velvet Sky is way better than her, maybe they should bring her to WWE and let Maryse take her place in TNA. Most divas are pretty worthless anyway, so I really don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back