RVD To Take Time Off?

16mikeytot

DAMN My Ex-Gf just got implants!!!
It's being reported that current Tna World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam is taking some time off from the company. So what do you guys think? Obviously Rvd is going to be relinquishing the title. So how do you think Tna should determine who the next champion is? Should they use the power rankings? A battle royal? Or even a King Of The Ring Type Tournament? Obviously this will play out over the next few weeks of impact but who do you want to see become the next Tna World Heavyweight Champion? My choice would be The Pope he has all the qualities you want in your World Champion mic skills, wrestling ability, and he's super over. That's my choice what's your? Also another question. Do you think Rvd should take time off considering that he's only been with the company for seven months?

RVD has been working an almost full time WWE schedule. Working many house shows as Champion to sell tickets. He isn't young anymore so why not let him heal up?

He has been the champion for about 80 percent of the time he has been with the company. I can't really recall a match he legitimately lost during his time in TNA.

The next champion I'd like to see is Mr Anderson return to his heel character that put him over in the first place.

I could see them putting the belt of any number of people as the only stand outs would be Sting, Nash and Angle. They'd probably put the belt on someone in EV like Raven or Dreamer, maybe even Sabu.

But I'll speculate and guess they would like to put the belt on someone that can do alot of house shows and try to push a break out champion this way.

There's a few names it SHOULD be... Styles, Wolf, Joe, Pope, Kenderson, Morgan

But honestly it'll probably be Hardy, Abyss, or someone from EV2.0... I'm so sick of TNA's booking

TNA getting the title off RVD this way is dumb. I wonder what he said and who he said it to. It would have made a lot more sense to have him get 'injured' at Hard Justice by Sabu (not a stretch if you saw the match), with Abyss finishing the job after RVD won their match (I don't expect Abyss to EVER beat RVD, EVER). Regardless of whomever came up with this stupid storyline which has to be some kind of upper mgmt fuckery, some kind of single elimination tournament similar to what they are doing on Explosion for the #1 tag contenders will do fine. I think it's fairly obvious they want to put the title on someone who's not quite a heel or they would have beat RVD straight up so my bet is Anderson is going to run with it for a while.

IF and this is a big if TNA was smart, have AJ and RVD swap titles and let RVD make the TNA TV Title worth something while AJ brings the title to Fortune for him to properly play the Flair role so Kaz can take the enforcer role and make a name for himself. TNA is face heavy, AJ 'Stylin' and profilin' Styles would be a good fit for heel champ this time around since he finally settled into his gimmick.

The last thing RVD needs is time off, he hasn't really been on TV much lately as it is.

My guess is that RVD demanded a LONG title reign with pretty much zero losses before signing with TNA. He knew TNA wanted him BAD so he wanted to make sure he would look awesome. Fact is though, RVD was an awful champion. Couldn't cut a promo to save his life and didn't have great enough matches to make up for that fact. Regardless of how Van Dam leaves, I would just be happy for him to be gone. He's had nothing but a negative effect on this company. I hope it's more than a break. I hope he's gone for good. TNA hiring him in the first place was just pure stupidity.

TNA getting the title off RVD this way is dumb. I wonder what he said and who he said it to. It would have made a lot more sense to have him get 'injured' at Hard Justice by Sabu (not a stretch if you saw the match), with Abyss finishing the job after RVD won their match (I don't expect Abyss to EVER beat RVD, EVER). Regardless of whomever came up with this stupid storyline which has to be some kind of upper mgmt fuckery, some kind of single elimination tournament similar to what they are doing on Explosion for the #1 tag contenders will do fine. I think it's fairly obvious they want to put the title on someone who's not quite a heel or they would have beat RVD straight up so my bet is Anderson is going to run with it for a while.

IF and this is a big if TNA was smart, have AJ and RVD swap titles and let RVD make the TNA TV Title worth something while AJ brings the title to Fortune for him to properly play the Flair role so Kaz can take the enforcer role and make a name for himself. TNA is face heavy, AJ 'Stylin' and profilin' Styles would be a good fit for heel champ this time around since he finally settled into his gimmick.

The last thing RVD needs is time off, he hasn't really been on TV much lately as it is.

You call a storyline you don't or maybe know about stupid but then again you come up with this bullshit, swapping titles.

As far as RVD taking time off and possibly dropping the belt - I could not be happier.

Let's face it. RVD is an amazing wrestler, great persona, COULD go on the mic when he wants to and is a likeable guy. He's one of the older guys but yet he can still go. Problem is, not everybody is cut out to be a champion. RVD just doesn't scream World Champ to me, and to be honest - the guy doesn't need the belt. Good riddance.

As far as who SHOULD be the next Champion - either The Pope or Anderson. The TNA WHC must be able to cut great promos and be good in the ring. Pope and Anderson fall in that category. I don't think that there's a single person who would mind Anderson or Pope having the strap.

Personally, I prefer Pope out of the two. He's a TNA guy, and he really needs it. If given a nice run with it he could go that extra mile and to the next level which he so needs. A heel turn could also prove to be a good thing. Heel Champions are awesome.

Un-fucking-real. Rob Van Dam's thrown into a World title reign in a way that was entirely random and made no sense. In doing so he forces AJ Styles (TNA's top star and the best wrestler in the business right now) to job out to him and look weak. Then RVD has a horrible and meaningless reign of several months that does nothing for business. Then he loses the title without putting anyone OVER!? Are you kidding me? What the fuck was the point of RVD's reign? This is just more proof of how horribly booked TNA is and even more how selfish a prick RVD is. Good job.

The rumor is that Rvd is only taking time away from wrestling his because his wife has cancer. So I wouldn't call Rvd a Selfish Prick because his wife's health is more important then wrestling. I hope his wife gets better and we can see him back sooner rather then later

The rumor is that Rvd is only taking time away from wrestling his because his wife has cancer. So I wouldn't call Rvd a Selfish Prick because his wife's health is more important then wrestling. I hope his wife gets better and we can see him back sooner rather then later

I haven't heard this rumor. And if he can tape some segment where he's "injured" to be forced to drop the title and have to vacate it then he certainly could be in a match for one night and drop the belt to put someone OVER. There's no excuses for not doing that, sorry.

If a tournament is held, give the title to Abyss. He deserves it more than anyone on the roster right now. I hated him when he was going towards the route where Hulk Hogan was his hero or whatever the hell he was doing then. But his work has been great ever since turning.

In a perfect world, this ******ed angle wouldn't be happening and RVD wouldn't vacate the title because that's just dumb as hell. I really don't understand TNA's booking sometimes...unreal.

Yeah I've seen it coming.
When RVD came to TNA I thought well what about his wife?
I know there a more limited schedule but if my husband had cancer I wouldn't want to be wrestling at all, I'd want to be at home with him.
I didn't like him coming in, there was no climb to the top, nothing they just slapped a championship belt on him likes it's no big deal.
That really pissed me off. Then the night where he had a promo talking about smoking pot? I fucking flipped...That's the one thing I'd never deal with.
So I'm stuck with my fav company being boring and PG rated and then TNA where you get some action doing stupid stuff like pot references....

but back to RVD...how is he ever going to be in for long periods of time with his wife being in the health that she is?
I don't think he should be doing it at all. Family always comes first.

RVD taking time off seems a little bit out of no where, and is kind of suprising just because he really hasn't been in TNA that long...5 months. Maybe he wants to distance himself from the ECW thing and heal up? Who knows.

RVD has been working an almost full time WWE schedule. Working many house shows as Champion to sell tickets. He isn't young anymore so why not let him heal up?

Good point. He has been working a pretty legit schedule, and he is no "spring chicken". So if he needs time to heal up, its understandable. Then again, it make me wish they wouldn't never taken the belt of AJ in the first place. AJ is a workhorse, and a one year title reign would have been pretty awsome, and no one deserves it more then "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles. Plus think how much more it would have meant to the person he dropped it to after that one year reign.

As long as the RVD has a good reason for dropping the belt, and the storyline to the next champion is good, then whatever lets move on with the storyline. From the spoilers I've read, I am excited with their plans for the title. I guess I will say what I think about that when it is revealed on iMPACT since you can't post/discuss spoilers on here....

Who would I like to see as the next champion TNA World Heavyweight Champion? AJ Styles would be my first choice, but he is doing his thing with the T.V. title right now. Others that I would like to see with the World Title would have to be Mr. Anderson, possibly Jeff Hardy, Pope, Kurt Angle, or Samoa Joe. I want to see the next person to win the title to really take it a run with it, and not "pull an RVD"(given creative lets them "run with it").

A few people are complaining about TNA's booking, but how is it their fault that RVD wants to take time off? If it was up to them, I'm sure they would want RVD to continue to work and stay WHC. I say this decision rest on RVD's shoulders, TNA is doing what they can with his decision.

Thinking about TNA just depresses me. They are crap. Almost since the day Hogan came to TNA the show has gone down hill. I would like to see The Pope as champion, either him or Matt Morgan. Mr. Anderson is great and all, but not as a face. He has to be a heel to make it in professional wrestling in my opinion.

So I vote The Pope!!

Maybe they plan on putting AJ as the champ after hearing about his low morality and not being happy with the company.

I like the idea of the tournement as it can showcase alot of good matches if they use the right people.

Why must people up here argue about every move that TNA makes. WWE stars take time off all the time whether they are injured, shoot a movie, or whatever. You can't blame every decision that happens in TNA on Dixie Carter and the writers. Sometimes things happen. Not to spoil anything, but from what is going to happen on the TNA free PPV this Thursday night, TNA looks to be doing something right. But I am pretty sure that by Friday Mark Madden and the people up here will find something they don't like. A match won't be long enough for them or Hulk Hogan will appear for 5 seconds and ruin the whole show for them. The point is that Rob Van Dam is a human and he has a life aside from wrestling. If he needs to take a little time off so be it. It's not like TNA doesn't have other people to fill in for him. They will still have AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, The Pope, even Abyss, Raven could return to the main event for a lil while like he was when TNA was first around, Jeff Hardy, Sting. More than likely he will be back in time for Bound for Glory to get his title shot.

It's being reported that current Tna World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam is taking some time off from the company. So what do you guys think? Obviously Rvd is going to be relinquishing the title. So how do you think Tna should determine who the next champion is? Should they use the power rankings? A battle royal? Or even a King Of The Ring Type Tournament? Obviously this will play out over the next few weeks of impact but who do you want to see become the next Tna World Heavyweight Champion? My choice would be The Pope he has all the qualities you want in your World Champion mic skills, wrestling ability, and he's super over. That's my choice what's your? Also another question. Do you think Rvd should take time off considering that he's only been with the company for seven months?

In regards to SHOULD we the fans think it is right that RVD take time off? Well haven't we learned in the past (most recently X-PAC) to not judge so fast? I mean he (X-Pac) had a real serious issue. That did not come to light for 2-3 weeks AFTER it was announced. I read somewhere that RVD has a wife with Cancer, and I hope all is okay with him and her. If he needs time off for that then i have no issue with that at all. Who cares if he has been with TNA for 7 months, that is SERIOUS and any man would put family first. ALSO he has been wrestling a lot.. every Impact and house shows.. Maybe he truly is banged up and needs to heal some. OR MAYBE this is a way to make him feel more fresh for his return against Abyss but out of the title scene? I would like to ask people not to bash on RVD for time off.. I would ask that we wait and see what happend for him to need to take time off. Not all the answers have been revealed yet.

As for who I would like to see as champ? well its a no brainer.. the best storylines have always been a face chasing a heel for a title.. so I would like a HEEL Mr. Anderson to surprise everyone to win it. But seeing the evolution of Fortune in the spoilers for the next two weeks.. I would suspect that AJ Styles would win it. And give the TV title to Kazarian. OR have Matt Morgan ... nah... I want HEEL Mr. Anderson to win it. He is the total package.. and maybe have The Pope chase it from him.. THAT is the storyline I was looking forward to earlier this year before Pope got hurt.

Anderson NEEDS a title already.. make him more cocky and more of a reason to shut him up.. He has all the tools to be this generations Ric Flair if he wanted too. TNA just needs to give him the ball.

I don't blame RVD for wanting time off... Just kind of upset because I'm going to the house show this Friday and expected him to be there...

But, his wife does have cancer and may not be doing well, so itms understandable...

As far as the title goes... I think Kurt Angle will end up as champion, I'm pretty sure that's where his climb up the rankings was headed anyway... He would eventually end up in a Title Match and most likely win it...

I would like to see him get the belt and fued with Fortune and AJ Styles...

It's no secret Kurt Angle can still go and is probably at the top of his game now... Why not get the most out of him while he is still around?

If Angle doesn't win the tournament then I hope AJ gets the belt back...

And as for the people who think Abyss should have got the title or that he should win the tournament... I'm really glad that he didn't get the belt... I don't think many people want to see Abyss as the champion atleast not without a manager like Raven or James Mitchell... Just hearing Abyss on the mic makes him lose credibility... He's decent in the ring, but he really needs to be billed as the destructive monster with someone in control of him...

Alright why not give Angle the title TNA has been building him up for so long now and he's been crushing everyone including Styles it would make the most sense to me to put the title on Angle.

OMFG onemandynasty dun act all big and unique and start defendin TNA....CAn u really fuckin say that their product is GOOD? If it was good then you can say "well WWE does it why not TNA?" BUT u CANT and u WONT say that in front of me..lol Because TNA is nowhere near WWE no matter how bad WWE does sometimez. SO if they arent even near the level of WWE you have no reason to say "they can do it because WWE can" get outta here with that shit. Seriously. TNA letz people like Tommy Dreamer main event a ppv. SERIOUSLY!?!? last time i check he was bitchboy in WWE. And they didnt do it becasue they "respect" ECW. I mean they made it LOOK like they do. Making RVD champion. Letting any loser from 10 years ago wrestle. Just so they can get that quick boost in ratings thatz it. I mean i hate TNA (because of HOgan that limey fuck) but i turned it on a couple of weeks ago when i heard sandman was on. I went through the spoilers of Hardcore Justice because i heard Sabu was gona main event with RVD. Techinally there plann did work with me. Got me interseted for like a quick minute. But they don't or ever will look at the big picture. Even though i turned to watch it, i still that it blows donkey shit. I heard there was a match of the year tag team match against MCMG and Beer Money on Impact this week. Were they even on the Hardcore Justice card??...............THIS basically shows you what TNAs deal is. So please if your gonna be an idiot and praise TNA please do it make a thread about it so i wont have to see any of your pointless posts. TNA:Cross the Line..To the 1990s...Its DAMN confusing. SUCK IT HOGAN

If they do something like the guns and beer money's best of 5 then I will be happy...... I bet sharkboy comes back and wins it. And is that stunner rko guy gonna be okay? Think he's having a stroke

i just read the report and unlike some of the posts behind me i wont bash RVD.....his wife got cancer and he has to be with her....but i will bash TNA.......i get it you need to get the title off RVD but why not make RVD LOSE THE TITLE to someone instead of having a storyline that he has to vacate it........the momentum from taking out RVD would give a young guy or an up and coming great heel an opportunnity to run with it..... give it to abyss he destroyed him already......give it to anderson...... give it to angle but let RVD lose a match.......then he can go and spend time with his family.....they ve done this before.....didnt rvd won the title of AJ the Impact after a ppv?......... they could have done the same thing...i mean come on TNA Booking WAKE UP!!

I agree that RVD should have to drop the belt. But look at it this way if Angle was gna win the belt off of him then why not have RVD relinquish the Belt and then in the tournament set it up so Angle goes thru the rest of the people in the TNA rankings that would make sense to me but i don't think their booking team would ever think of that.

Stunner=RKO...you are an idiot, I'll be the first one to say that I'm a WWE guy, but this is a TNA post, I do watch both, sooo...on with the post, I have met RVD and his wife at a house show in Tulsa when he was in WWE in '01, his wife's father in law is from my home town, so if in fact that is why he is taking off, I don't blame him. I would honestly like to see someone from a faction win it, A.J. Styles, if they are going to be the new "faction" to run with or go against in TNA they need a center piece and what better than the company's belt around the PWI 500's #1 wrestler.

co'mon people .. rvd didn't lose title to anybody cuz TNA want to make a strong heel of abyss that could Destroy Anybody ! RVD was a Great Champion but i think it's time for a heel champ !

Do we know why he's taking time off? Is it just house shows or tapings too? If the thing about his wife dealing with cancer again is true, then most people in this thread who are bashing him are idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back