• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Russell Howard's Good News

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
This is show in Britain (for all the Americans out there) on BBC3 and is quite possibly the funniest 30 minutes of my Thursday I get at the moment. In a nutshell, Russell does some standup work based off of the current news of the week, it's a one man version of Mock the Week mixed with Harry Hill's TV Burp.

For the past four weeks I've been watching this show and I am constantly laughing my ass off, the last one I was eating my dinner and had to take a break just so I didn't choke or spit my drink out in laughter. What I find the most funny about it is how he tends to mix it with stand up comedy as a reaction to certain factors as well as clever editing of pre-taped segments or even using footage that previously existed for comedy purposes. The best part is that it always ends on a moving story, this week was about some injured soldiers who managed to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, was quite a moving moment to watch.

I think Howard is so damn funny and was one of the many highlights of Mock the Week, so I'm glad he's got his own show, if you don't have Freeview, get it now because your Thursday nights will change.

One of the things he introduced me to this week was a legit German Forklift Driver Safety Video called Stapelfahrer Klaus, which is so brilliantly gruesome and OTT, if you haven't see it before, here it is now:

[YOUTUBE]/v/-QRCKNoUgko&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

Shame on the people who have looked in here and then went back out without posting how awesome this show truly is.

The Thursday night that me and Dave generally have is filled with MSN conversations that traditionally consist of "Lol, that training video part. lmao". Honestly, I think it is one of the freshest and funniest shows that currently airs on TV and I watch it every week in anticipation of a great show. I know that every time I watch it that I am going to have 30 minutes of viewing pleasure courtesy of one of the finest comedians in Britain at this time.

On that note, I just watched his new DVD and he roved that he is one of the finest working comedians and deserves all of the fame that he has amassed over the last few years. Hios comedic style just suits this show to a tee and is just hilarious.

I think it's absolutely brilliant. Heard about this on his Twitter/Facebook and gave it a watch and thought it was cracking. The forklift training thing was quality but I quite liked the one with the football chant about Marlon King. It had me howling at like half 3 in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back