Rumor: Tyson Kidd Getting Pushed

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to what a source is said to have told F4WOnline.com, the WWE has penciled Tyson Kidd in for a push. The source alleges that WWE has "big things" planned for him and that his inclusion in the WHC MITB match and his win over Tensai on Raw are the beginnings of "something bigger" for Kidd.

For me personally, it's too early to really start rallying behind Kidd even though it's somewhat tempting to do so. Kidd is someone that's always been entertaining to watch inside the ring and if he's able to develop some charisma and personality, there's potential. However, it's just too soon as a flukey win over Tensai isn't a measure of greatness. It was a nice surprise, however, and maybe WWE isn't rushing head first into the alleged push. Kidd beating Swagger to qualify for MITB was a surprise as was his win over Tensai.

The odds of Kidd winning MITB are extremely long. So were Daniel Bryan's last year, but Bryan was in a much stronger place in his career overall than Kidd. I can see Kidd being put into the mid-card title scene, especially if he has a good showing at MITB. At this point in time, my opinion is that the United States Championship picture needs him FAR more than the IC title.

Would you like to see Kidd get a solidified push and, if so, to what end?

I'm actually quite a fan of Tyson Kidd -- he's got an interesting blend of talents and could prove to be very useful for the WWE, in the future. I would definitely be interesting in seeing Kidd get a push and I think the current path they're following with him is a good way to go about it. He's small, so he'll be a great underdog character -- he can be someone that the fans can get behind as a face and he'll be able to grow into a larger threat, as time goes on. I mean, I don't think he'll ever be a world champion or a true main eventer, but he has a decently high ceiling, so he can have some major success in the midcard.

With the Money in the Bank match coming up, they can easily slot Tyson Kidd into a feud with Santino Marella (a fellow competitor) and get the United States Championship around his waist. Yes, he's not as high up on the midcard as other potential United States Champions, but letting him have a nice run with the belt will elevate him AND the championship. The WWE can easily allow Kidd and the championship to grow, by letting him defend the championship on a consistent basis (whether it be on TV or PPVs). I can definitely buy Kidd as US champ and I'd love to see it soon.

Eventually, I can see Kidd becoming a sort of a gatekeeper to the main event. Most people (especially internet fans) view success as being the main event and nothing less, but a consistent midcard career is nothing to sneeze at. Someone like Owen Hart, who was beloved by the fans, was a midcard gatekeeper -- and that's a role I can see Kidd taking over in the future. He can put on a good match, he's a good athlete, and he's consistent. Over time, with a couple of midcard title reigns, he can become a guy that up-and-comers will face, before potentially moving on to their first taste of the main event. That's something that the WWE really needs nowadays and I think Tyson Kidd fits the bill very well.

I like that he seems to be being pushed but I think this is all to do with the 1000th RAW. Lately on WWE TV i've noticed that Natalya has been hyping up Bret Hart and alot of positive things have been said about him on TV, and now Tyson Kidd who trained in the Hart Dungeon is being given a push? Overal I think this is either a ploy to sweeten up Bret Hart to appear on the 1K RAW or terms negotiated by Hart and WWE to ensure he will be making an appearance on the show.

Either way, i'm happy for Kidd

It's all for naught until he cuts a promo and connects with the crowd as a character. So many times you'll see guys get a "push" only to fade away months later. Winning matches isn't how a character should be pushed and developed.

I know more about a guy like Damien Sandow than Tyson Kidd as a character. Why? Because Sandow gets to speak. No matter what route they take with Kidd, you won't take him seriously until he gets some character development. He's went from heel to face, to in and out of tag teams, to receiving jobber entrances and being squashed. Now you decide to "push" him with no character development other than having him come down the aisle smiling (denoting that he's a face)?

I'm not an expert, but this isn't how you get an audience...especially a TV audience to invest in a character. What's the pay off? What was his "struggle"? I'm not too sure.

Rumor? When you are promoted to Raw and Smackdown from NXT and Superstars, and its not for the sake of jobbing....that is a push.... RUMOR...its happening.

His skill is unquestionable, his Mic Skills are yet to be confirmed, and now he has disposed of that silly fringe his look is quite likeable in a 'happy to be there' kinda way. And the crowd ate him up the last two matches.

So if by some small chance, Tyson goes no further after MITB then I will be most dissapointed. But as this is unlikely, I am hoping for a big feud to unravel here, may it be with Tensai or another competitor in the match.

I hope he does get a push.

They need to give him the mic more. I heard a interview with D-Bryan and he said he knows Kidd can work the mic well and should be able to connect with the crowd.

His in ring ability will then keep him going.

I agree that he can be good use in the mid-card scene and there is nothing wrong is staying at that level.

I think he is better suited for the IC title just because I really think they need to retire the US title. I think they should let Jack Swagger win it and have him retire it himself because he feels no one else will ever be worth it then he can challenge Christian to the IC title since he feels he deserves the shot at "the other" title, win it, and then in comes Tyson Kidd to face Swagger for the IC title.

Good for him. It's about damn time WWE starts to utilize some of it's talent. They currently have one of the greatest rosters of all time, but half are fighting for TV time. Hopefully in the next couple of months we see more like AJ & Tyson go from bottom feeders to top focal points.

Personally I'd like to see this go ahead but only on a provisional basis. I do admit that Tyson's wrestling ability is much greater than that of the majority of his colleagues, however to really get across in the WWE he will need some sort of gimmick catalyst and for a man of his stature and style the wind-up merchant writers will genuinely struggle to pull something out of their hat. I was pretty impressed with the consecutive wins over Swagger and Tensai but the validity of those I feel was compromised by having him immediately irradicated from the spotlight by the backstage attack. Ultimately (in my opinion of course) I feel they are making a mistake in trying to push Kidd at this precise moment when they're already trying to force a lot of the former midcarders into the main event as well as introducing/re-introducing the likes of Tensai, Sin Cara, Skip Sheffield's angry alter-ego and a handful of others. The only outcome I can see here is that the whole maturity process of his push will be rushed and he'll fade back into obscurity, I think he could definately be in the Midcard for now but not as a face or even a tweener, even that though I might be more inclined to wait until say after Summerslam when somebody that doesn't post on forums and actually just watches the shows might actually notice he's receiveing "the rub"

"Big things" coming his way could mean a number a things. We really have no way of knowing until it happens on television. As a poster said earlier, we know more about Damien Sandow right now than we know about Kidd. We know why he (Damien) is here, what his mission is, what he wants to accomplish, and simply WHO he is without the announcers having to tell us. Of course, WE (the IWC) know who he (Kidd) is, but we are not who Kidd has to connect with. He has to connect with the other 90% of the audience. The audience that doesn't know or has paid attention to how great he is in the ring. Kidd can go out there and perform like a Superstar every night, but until he goes out there each week and actually SPEAKS, it'll all be for nothing.

Kidd in the MiTB match is going to be fun to watch. He definitely has the potential to steal the show with his in-ring work. I'm hoping they somehow get him to do the Dungeon Lock on top of the ladder. We could also see a feud of some kind arise out of this match as well. Maybe Kidd and Tensai have a number of matches going into and beyond the PPV. Possibly give Kidd a "Giant Slayer" gimmick like Rey Mysterio had for a short while in the old WCW.

I would like to see Tyson Kidd get a push. I do however agree with the one poster who stated that Kidd needs to speak more. Cutting promos is such a huge part in developing characters. I saw somewhere a comparison between Kidd and Evan Bourne and I agree with a lot of it except I view Kidd as a better wrestler. Despite this, if Kidd is as poor as cutting promos as Bourne is, he becomes just as limited in his mobility on the card. Conveying yourself as an underdog is better than having the announcers do it for you.

Assuming that Kidd is able to maintain a substantial push, then quite frankly I see endless opportunities, which yes includes a WHC. Take it step-by-step, Kidd puts on an outstanding MITB performence (I put the odds of him winning at 5%), he would then get pushed to either a decent mid-card feud with someone proven or goes for a mid-card title. If Kidd is then able maintain his gate-keeper status for say a couple of years, what prevents him from going after the WHC? Size, though important, is not the be-all end-all. He would be over with the crowd, he would have won 2-3 mid-card titles, he would have had a least a couple of matches with an ADR or Ziggler main event types. It's the fall months, WWE is looking for a WHC feud, look no further than a then-proven, underdog mid-carder that the crowd can get behind.

Please note: I am by no means interpreting the rumored "big push" as what I've stated above, I'm just saying it is plausible in his future.

For those of you who don't know Tyson Kidd's Wrestling Background he was trained by Lance Storm, Bret Hart, Stu Hart in the dungeon. he had his first Match in WWE at the age of 16.

for those of you who haven't heard Tyson Kidd cut a Promo go to YouTube and type in Tyson Kidd Confronts Michael McGillicutty.

or again go to YouTube type in ''Tyson Kidd vs Michael McGillicutty WWE NXT'' and watch some of his amazing incredible WWE NXT Match's

or go youtube and type in ''Tyson's Response'' and a video promo should appear when you've searched for it.

or even better go to Colt Cabana's Art Of Wrestling Podcast List to listen to Tyson Kidd talk about his wrestling career.

i wouldntmind seeing kidd in the main event. Because I KNOW he can bring it on inside the ring. As a matter of fact, the only reason i watch superstar and nxt are because of him. his matches with trent baretta and micheal mciliejioew were all worthy of my TV.

If he dosent get in the main event, i would want him to fued and win the US championship. And do what lance storm did, make the Canadian championship.

I honestly never liked Tyson Kidd until he won the Unified World Tag Team Championship with David Hart Smith. From there, he slowly grew on me and I thought he'd have a pretty successful career once he split away from DHS. Thing is, initially he showed peaks of potential when he became the heel out of the two. Sure, he still sported the Charlie Brown haircut, but he showed charisma as a heel and his in-ring skills only furthered his momentum. Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before he was relegated to jobber status. Well, with this pointless strategy, the WWE sure made me a bigger fan of Tyson Kidd with every match he lost. He put on some good matches though, regardless. He has a wide range of moves and can go toe to toe with just about anyone. A bit more mic time and improvement and I think people can really get behind him. Not too long ago he lost a match to Damien Sandow easily, but for him to rebound with victories over both Jack Swagger and Tensai is quite the surprise. It's still a long way from the ideal push since he's only started to win. It'll take a few more meaningful victories for me to truly believe he's worth a Championship. I don't think him fighting for the World title is wise at this point. I also think he should fight for the US title instead and actually win it sometime this year. He's far too talented to be left out in the middle of nowhere.

First, I can't wait to see this(if WWE really follows through with this) happen! I am a huge fun of Tyson Kidd and have been since he debuted.

Secondly, the way I would like to see Kidd pushed is very similar to 1-2-3 Kid(aka, Sean Waltman). I'm not saying he should pull off SUPER surprising victories i.e. MitB. But just win against some good superstars!

I pretty much agree with what's already been said on this topic. Tyson Kidd is an outstanding wrestler[which is something rarely seen in today's WWE] who deserves something of a push. I doubt his mic ability though, which is why WWE should give Kidd a manager until he's comfortable enough speaking for himself. He is someone different to the usual status-quo of the mid-cards and/or main event title scenes. I'm just doubting that he'll ever be anything higher than mid-card without major improvement character-wise and on the mic......

while i was hoping the british bulldogs son was going to be a hit i am glad that the 2 seperated because with the tag division the way it is it was the best possible thing for him.

I agree with the orginal poster that his win over tensai isnt a set in stone gauruntee of a big push for kidd for how lukewarm tensai is but i do hope he gets a push that maybe has him fueding cody rhodes or christian. I doubt he will win the money in the bank but a solid run as the us champion is what he needs.

I am glad Tyson is finally going to get a push. I agree that he needs to talk more, and I hope he is given the chance to do that soon to. I have been a fan of him since he started, and I could definitely see him taking the US title at some point. It would be nice to see him bring some credibility to that belt. Glad to see him finally getting noticed by WWE.

This source at F4WOnline.com must be really good.. I mean who thought Kidd might be getting a push, he only just went over Tensai (someone who beat Cena a few weeks ago) and got in the MIITB with another win.. I am so surprised by this.. *sarcasm over*

Anyway, I hope it does become a legit long term push for him. I would like to see him in the midcard, maybe with the IC or US belt. He is a top worker, always was. He is just small and it doesn't likely help him hes so tied in to the Harts. It has to be tempting to mess with him if you are Vince.

This source at F4WOnline.com must be really good.. I mean who thought Kidd might be getting a push, he only just went over Tensai (someone who beat Cena a few weeks ago) and got in the MIITB with another win.. I am so surprised by this.. *sarcasm over*

Comments like this make me want to jab three sharpened led poison filled pencils through my forehead and through my brain. Defeating Jack Swagger or Lord Tensai to become a SPOT MONKEY for the Money in the Bank match is nowhere near a push. If anything, WWE put Tyson in the match because Evan Bourne is still gone and Rey won't be back until around SummerSlam.

I'm probably one of the biggest Tyson Kidd fans there can be. I loved his work since his time on ECW, and yes I've seen him show great promo capabilities. But even I have to admit that right now, his place in the MITB match is to put on some great spots. Most likely because of reason prior stated, or because they don't want to risk another Sin Cara injury.

That said, I do believe that WWE does have hopes for Tyson. If not, then he would've been released with Harry instead of being kept around. His showing at Money in the Bank could make or break him, or he could become another flash in the pan. Keep in mind, rumors nor beating two OTHER jobbbers in no way indicates a factual push in the WWE. If that were the case, Justin Gabriel would've walked out as the IC champion last year at No Way Out. But he didn't.

I'm strongly hoping that he does get his big break though. He's got the in ring ability that can put him up against anyone, and despite what the IWC Divas think, he would be VERY believable facing "bigger" guys like Cena or even Randy Orton. Hell, I could even see him making a believable feud against Kane and/or Big Show for the WWE title and make it believable. There's more ways to win a "wrestling match" than by doing suplexes and body slams. You can use a lot of strikes and all sorts of other "maneuvers".

I feel bad for McGillicutty. First they don't let him use his Hennig name and saddled him with a stupid name. Then they made him an afterthought after the New Nexus by relegating him to Superstars and NXT while guys like Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater gets into the main roster. Then when he worked his ass off and was just as good as Tyson during their long rivalry Tyson gets a push and McGillicutty is still stuck in NXT. What does the guy have to do to get noticed?

As for Tyson, I'm happy for him. Liked his tag team with DH Smith and wished that they didn't split so soon. He can go in the ring and certainly has potential. Although I don't see him going any higher than Kofi Kingston's spot right now unless he can surprise the higher up with his mic skills.

Would I like to see him get a push? Definitely, but he needs to be moved up gradually or risk a quick rise and fall. He's always been an entertaining in ring compeditor and while his character and speaking ability are a bit lacking he's one of those guys who does well enough in the ring that people still can get behind him. Granted he never gets much ability to showcase that side of him but i'd like to see more of that before or during this push.

If there were ever a time to push this Kidd it was when he and David Hart Smith split, but the moment wasn't capitalized on well and an opportunity was missed. I think a strong performance in the MITB match will be a great way for the in ring performance of Tyson to speak for him and get him some good attention and then hopefully he has a run at the IC title. That would be the best way for his push to play out that I can think of. I do look forward to seeing what they do with this guy, I'll be pulling for him.

I see Tyson being put in the 2007-2008 Jeff Hardy role- he's a midcarder to upper midcarder who is always someone you wanna see in the ring. His mic skills may be lacking now, but he'll hopefully improve, as his mic work is absolutely amazing. I see an IC Title run, maybe taking the belt of Christian later on down the line in a tripe threat with a heel in there also (because WWE isn't a big fan of face vs face)

Did Tyson Kidds victory over Tensai remind you of the 1-2-3 Kids victory over Razor Ramon many moons ago? Tyson could be built as the underdog and claim victories through sheer fluke and smart thinking in the start of this push.

I am glad Tyson Kidd is getting a push. He is fantastic in the ring and can have a very good match with just about anyone. I would love to see him in a fued with Daniel Bryan. That is too early at this stage but could come eventually.

I like how they gave him two of Owen Hart's spots he did in most matches. Decent enough in the ring, but I just do not see much about him that stands out besides that, and thats only a small portion of what is needed. However, there is absolutely NO bad to elevating someone and giving them a little credibility, the more guys you have like that on the roster the better, as it can benefit you later on down the road, via fueds and using them as enhancement talent.

I feel bad for McGillicutty. First they don't let him use his Hennig name and saddled him with a stupid name. --- What does the guy have to do to get noticed?

For what it's worth, McGillicutty wasn't permitted to go by the name Joe Hennig because WWE trademarks names unless you're a draw. McGillicutty is furthermore, currently nothing special. Loads of potential, however he's really got anything that jumps off the screen. He needs to piece everything together, refine his mic skills and lastly, he needs to pay his dues. Everyone expects everyone to be given the ball before they deserve it, and that's absolutely obnoxious. Prime example as to why 99.99% of the IWC has no clue what in the hell they're talking about, and if they were given the opportunity to run a company, they'd likely book it into the ground.

On the Tyson Kidd note, the guy's one of the best in-ring wrestlers in the world, in my opinion. However, he doesn't work the typical WWE-style, which has gone against him for a very long time. Without having any real international niche, or enigmatic allure to him, he is in severe need of retooling. This whole Hart gimmick won't go far, and if anyone sees who he was trained by as anything relevant, than they're once again, IWC marks who have no clue what they're talking about.

Tyson's immensely talented in the ring, and currently, WWE's SmackDown roster is spread so horribly thin, that at this juncture, they're forced to put guys on TV. Do I think Tyson's ready to be a mainstay on television? No, but I'd be more than happy to have him prove me wrong, as I do quite enjoy his work in the ring. Sadly, I see Tyson as no more than a vanilla midget, whose in major need of some sort of tinkering. A good manager could do him a world of good, in fact, I quite liked the pairing of him and Michael Hayes, which didn't last long whatsoever.

Point being, I see Tyson Kidd to be the guy whose going to add some excitement to the match and that alone will help him ride some momentum (as I truly doubt he'll win MITB, but I'd not be upset if it happened), into some sort of mid-card spot. I still don't fully understand what the WWE was going for with splitting up the Hart Dynasty as soon as they did. They had an established, believable and marketable team to try and build a tag team division around. I guess WWE in this day and age would rather relegate guys to live shows or edited Superstars/NXT matches to develop, rather than give them some prime-time, mainstream exposure to give them an opportunity to get over.

Oh well. Hopefully WWE doesn't put too much into Kidd too fast and make him look like shit, like they did Jack Swagger. Ride him slowly into a mid-card spot and book him like Rey Mysterio, getting attacked by someone like Mike Knox randomly. Go with a David vs Goliath angle to give the fans something to hold onto, something for them to get invested in, and from there, continue to slowly build him towards the Intercontinental Championship as a dark-horse in a tournament for a match at Night of Champions. That's how I'd go about doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back