Team Angle vs Team Andre

• Team Angle (2003)

• Team Andre (1988)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Angle

Team Angle is from the 2003 Survivor Series, and consisted of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, John Cena, Hardcore Holly, and Bradshaw. They defeated "Team Lesnar," which consisted of Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Matt Morgan, A-Train, and Nathan Jones. John Cena and Chris Benoit were te survivors, with Benoit making Lesnar tap the the Corssface and Cena F-U'ing Big Show.

Team Andre

Team Andre is from the 1988 Survivor Series, and consisted of Andre the Giant, Rick Rude, Dino Bravo, Mr. Perfect, and Harley Race. They defeated "Team Duggan," which consisted of Jim Duggan, Jake Roberts, Scott Casey, Ken Patera, and Tito Santana. Mr. Perfect and Dino Bravo were the survivors.

I'm going to go with Angle here in what i would call an upset. Andre of course is the wildcard here, as how in the hell do you stop him? The thing is, aside from Holly, there is absolutely no weak link on Angle's team. Race was beyond his prime at this point, and Bravo was overrated. If Holly can neutralize Race, the other four could manage to get Andre down somehow beterrn the four of them, and get either a pin or a countout. After he's gone this is totally one sided.

I'm going to have to go with Team Angle here. Kurt Angle could out wrestle anyone on this team. With the exception being Curt Hennig. John Cena might be able to lift Andre of his feet for the FU with Cena's incredible strength. Bradshaw could take down Harley because at this point Harley was past his prime. Benoit could easily dispatch Rick Rude. The only weak links are Holly and Bravo. At the time Holly was getting pushed so that takes care o Bravo.

It's close but Team Angle in an upset.

Assuming all other variables cancel each other out, it comes down to Cena, Angle, and Benoit VS Andre, Perfect, and Rick Rude. Rude is then out easily, and Angle/Benoit would eventually take out perfect, after they lose someone as well. So it comes down finally to Andre VS Cena and Angle/Benoit.

At this stage, I'd have to give it to Angle's team. The pure wrestling ability of Angle and Benoit shouldn't be underated, and Cena's freakish strength should be considered. He FU'd the Big Show in his teams match, and substitute Big Show with Andre and the result is the same.

I'm not saying that this would be an easy win, but I'd favor Angle's team by a few points. Tough one.

Andre of course is the wildcard here, as how in the hell do you stop him?

Slam followed by an Atomic Leg Drop.

The thing is, aside from Holly, there is absolutely no weak link on Angle's team.

What about Bradshaw? 6 months or so he did go on to become a main event player, but back then he was below Holly, as amazing as that sounds. In November of 2003, WWE were trying to make Holly look like Lesnar's equal.

Race was beyond his prime at this point,

Maybe, but an out of prime Race still beats Holly & Bradshaw.

and Bravo was overrated.

He was billed as being strong, nothing more. Rated correctly.

If Holly can neutralize Race,

Hmmm.

the other four could manage to get Andre down somehow beterrn the four of them,

The ref would DQ most of Team Angle for a flagrant breaking of the rules. They are faces, they just don't get away with these things.

Kurt Angle can out wrestle all of them.

Like Rick Rude, the guy who got great matches out of The Ultimate Warrior?

The only one that would give him any trouble would be Mr. Perfect.

So much trouble that he'd be in not state to do any more work after he's struggled to defeat Perfect.

John Cena could take care of Andre The Giant simply based on his amazing strength.

Andre strength > Cena strength.

Chris Benoit would most likely be able to topple Harley Race, but with some help from the rest of his team.

Yes, Benoit could use that move he invented, what was it aclled? The Flying Heatbutt, I think that's what it's called.

Bradshaw is another powerhouse and could easily dispatch Rick Rude.

Rude was one of the smaller wrestlers during the 80's. Size didn't pose much of a problem for him then.

The wild cards here are Hardcore Holly and Dino Bravo. Holly was getting pushed at this point se maybe he would be able to handle Dino Bravo.

If we're being serious here, Holly isn't a wild card. He's just shit.

Assuming all other variables cancel each other out, it comes down to Cena, Angle, and Benoit VS Andre, Perfect, and Rick Rude. Rude is then out easily,

Why? What exactly do the others have that Rude doesn't?

and Angle/Benoit would eventually take out perfect,

Or Perfect, Andre & Rude take out the rest of their team. Oh yeah, I went there.

The pure wrestling ability of Angle and Benoit shouldn't be underated,

Like Rude & Perfect.

and Cena's freakish strength should be considered.

Like Andre.

He FU'd the Big Show in his teams match, and substitute Big Show with Andre and the result is the same.

Or substitute Cena for everyone other than Hulk Hogan.

Team Andre wins this one. As Jake said, an out of his prime Harley Race is much more efficient then Hardcore Holly or Bradshaw. Hell, a limping, gimping no hipped Harley Race of today is still better then Holly or Bradshaw in their primes. Dino Bravo, while not as good, is perfectly capable of matching strength with the likes of John Cena. And you essentially enter a push when it comes to technical wrestling when you have the likes of Angle and Benoit matched up against Rude and Perfect. Uh Oh, who covers Andre?

Interesting fight, this. Team Angle is one of my favourite all-time Survivor Series teams. I mean, look at it! Their only weak link would be Hardcore Holly since he'll eliminate himself via disqualification the minute the match starts >.>

As for Team Andre, from a power perspective they have no weak links. Andre and Bravo were boring in the ring but strong and dominant dues back in the day. Rick Rude owns, as does Harley Race and Curt, making them huge assets to a team.

As I said, Holly quickly eliminates himself via disqualification after knocking Bravo out cold with a chair. Cena comes in and eliminates the stunned Bravo. Andre comes in and quickly eliminates Bradshaw whom Cena just tagged in. Cena manages to fight off Andre who tags in Race. Cena takes out Race with the F-U.

Rick Rude comes in and beats on Cena who in desperation tags in Benoit, who after a hard fight is eliminated by Rude. Angle comes in and makes Rude tap with the Ankle Lock. Same fate awaits Andre, leaving Mr. Perfect the only one left on the Andre team. Angle tags Cena in. Mr. Perfect puts Cena down with the Perfectplex. Angle vs. Perfect for the finals. After a fantastic technical showdown, Mr. Perfect manages to pin Angle, making Team Andre (without Andre) the winner.

Oh man, this is tough, I would automatically say Team Andre but Team Angle beat a team that consisted of Big Show and Brock Lesnar. Strength wise I think Team Angle are by far outmatched but then again they were against Team Lesnar as well.

Although if you factor in the other members A-Train, Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan aren't anywhere near as good as Rude, Perfect and Race. Team Andre take it simply because this is pre JBL Bradshaw and Hardcore Holly would go on to lose in under 5 minutes at the Royal Rumble. John Cena wasn't the match winner he is now, in fact he was still chasing the US Title.

There is no way Angle and Benoit could take out Andre, Rude and Perfect, factor in Bravo and even though he was past his prime Race could still go.

I think it would go like this, Bravo is elimated by John Cena, Team Andre go on to easily eliminate Holly and Bradshaw (if only he was JBL) Andre scores both pins, Cena, Benoit and Angle make a good go of it but Cena goes down to Rick Rude. Angle and Benoit fall victim to Rude and Perfect aided by Andre. Harley Race comes in fresh whenever Benoit/Angle flurry.

In one of the more hotly contested first round matches (and a wresting fan's wet dream to see Angle and Andre facing off), the old school Team Andre defeats a very star-studded Team Angle.

Team Andre is built very well - power and size (Andre), technical ability (everybody), experience (Race) and a host of intangibles. It's also a very deep team, with the weakest link likely Dino Bravo, who was still very strong in the late 80's and a Survivor Series mainstay. I'd take Bravo as a weak link over Holly and the 2003 Bradshaw too.

Team Andre will await their 2nd round opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back