Team Andre '88 vs King's Court

• Team Andre '88

• King's Court

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a third round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Andre '88

Team Andre is from the 1988 Survivor Series, and consisted of Andre the Giant, Rick Rude, Dino Bravo, Mr. Perfect, and Harley Race. They defeated Team Cena 13-3 in the 2nd round.

King's Court

King's Court is from the 1989 Survivor Series, and consisted of Randy Savage, Earthquake, Dino Bravo, and Greg Valentine. They defeated Team Bischoff 9-7 in round two.

Now this is most interesting indeed. First of all, Brave cancels himself out. On to the actual match. To begin with, let's start with the big men. Earthquake at this time was a freaking monster. He was totally dominant of any and everyone he faced, mainly due to his freakish height which was I believe a bit taller than Hulk. However, he's against the king of the giants, Andre. Andre would beat him, but he would be beaten down pretty badly from it. I think after that, Macho, Valentine and Bravo would be enough to beat him, but at a cost. This leaves a semi tired Macho and Valentine against a fresh Rude, Perfect and Race. At that point, it's not close. Hennig and Savage is a pretty great match no matter what, but with Rude backing him, Savage is gone. Valentine was getting towards jobberville here, so it's the King's Court.

Yeah, Bravo negates Bravo.

I also agree that it is a battle of the big guys. I'd even take Andre out of the equation right now to keep things even. Rude and Perfect take out Valentine and Savage, although Savage would likely take one of them with him, only to be eliminated by the other. Earthquake beats Harley Race, leaving Rude/Perfect against Earthquake.

Both parties would be worn down by this point, and it would be a great matchup. However, now Andre would factor in. Even if Earthquake gets through Rude/Perfect, he isn't getting past Andre. A fresh Andre could take down just about any two members of this team, so even if you give them back Bravo, I still see team Andre taking this one.

Beings Bravo is on both teams, I'm going to make this a 4-on-4 and consider Bravo not being on Andre's team for 88, to make this fair and logical.

So we've got Andre, Rude, Harley, and Hennig against Savage, Bravo, Earthquake and Valentine.

Bravo was strong but would be easy pickings still for anyone on Andre's team. Earthquake and Andre would be the "big-man" matchup of the match and would last for awhile as Earthquake could give Andre, at this point in his career, a decent run, but ultimately he would fall down to Andre.

As someone else said, Valentine was a jobber at this point, not the great, rugged technician he was in the early to mid '80s, so Valentine would fall to someone on Andre's team as well.

That leaves a great Savage against Andre, Rude, Hennig, and Race. He could take Race out as Race was past his prime. But ultimately I don't think he could withstand the 3-man onslaught of Andre, Rude, and Hennig.

Andre's team wins this.

Andre the Giant vs. Earthquake: Both colossal fat asses, but does height play a part? Earthquake is probably harder to knock over than Andre with him being shorter. I'm undecided.

Mr. Perfect or Harley Race vs. Greg Valentine: I hate all the talk of how great Valentine was, because there were so many wrestlers who were just as boring as he was. Dull, and uninteresting. No charisma, the most intresting thing about him is his shin pad. Great gimmick, they should bring it back. Perfect & Race could do anything that Valentine could, but better.

Rick Rude vs. Randy Savage: Is Savage better, or was he given better opportunities?

I'm really undecided for the most part. But I'll go with Team Andre because Valentine sucks & Andre beat Hogan, which is something Earthquake never did.

I won't vote because I could be swayed.

I agree with the aspect of Greg Valentine being over-rated. And if you're going to put him up against the likes of Race, Hennig and Rude. For equality, I'm leaving Bravo out, but i still feel Rude could easily eliminate Valentine. Both aren't the biggest stars in the game but enough to wear each other out so they're eliminated easily.

Race and Perfect are more than capable of getting rid of Bravo and Savage with the loss of either one being survivable and still manage to have something left to tire Earthquake out a little.

I think between the big men, Andre is capable of getting Earthquake away in a war. Andre will win but it'll still end up a war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back