Team Andre '87 vs Team WWF

• Team Andre '87

• Team WWF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a second round match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Andre '87

Team Andre is from the 1987 Survivor Series, and consisted of Andre the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, and Rick Rude. They defeated Team Mega Powers, 12-7, in a hotly contested old school first round match-up.

Team WWF

Team WWF is from the 2001 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane, and the Big Show. They defeated Team Orton 19-10 in the first round.

Irish what are you doing to me???

WOW. See now this is interesting to me. Back in Andre's 87 match, Bam Bam Bigelow went up against Bundy, Gang and Andre. I see a very similar thing here with Andre against the three big men. Bundy and Gang are easily no match for the modren big men so they're easily dispatched. We'll come back to that part later.

Jericho and Rude is the definition of a classic. Great pairing here, and I would even call it a tossup, which is probably stretching it. Rock obliterates Reed though, making it Show, Kane, Taker and Rock against Andre the Giant. To begin with, I don't see Rock standing a chance against Andre. There is no move, not even the Rock Bottom, that would do a damn thing to Andre, so Rock is gone early. So we have the Giant, against the giants. Kane is out first, but takes a good deal out of Andre. Then we have "father against son" for all you WCW fans, but Andre takes this again as Show was just a big guy back then.

And then we have it. The absolute big man wet dream match of all time: Andre the Giant vs. The Undertaker. I've long said that Andre is the greatest big man of all time, but if there is anyone, and that includes Vader, that could challenge him for that title, it's the Deadman. At this stage though, it was Biker Taker. That means a less powerful Taker. However, after the other two fights Andre had to win, Taker is just too much, and Team WWF survives what would be a dream match.

I'm in agreement with everything KB just said. All I have in my mind is the vision of Andre Vs. The Undertaker, which would be amazing. And I'd be damn stretched to choose a winner, based on only those 2. However, Andre would be battling Kane and The Big Show at the same time as Undertaker, and that'd be too much for ANY star, even the immortal Hulk Hogan. That being said, Team WWF would just barely take the win here.

My jaw dropped when I saw this match-up come up in the random sequence generator. Yes, that's how I got the matches - each team got a number and a website did the rest. So this was a real cash-in for round two.

So let me try my hand at some of this survivor series math. If I allowed each team to have one match-up they wanted, alternating, how would it go? Let's assume Team Andre gets "the old school nod" and wins a coin flip.

They put Butch Reed in the ring against Big Show. Don't sleep on Big Butch Reed. He's a powerhouse, and he's mad. Big Show wins the match-up, but he's hurt and tired.

Team WWE goes, and sends Kane in against One Man Gang. Kane dominates. Gang gets a few shots in, but nothing to write home about. 2-men down.

Team Andre is up, and they send Rude in against Show. Show is tired and hurt, Rude is fresh, and Rude was nothing to sneer at in terms of strength. After some offense from Show, Rude hits a neckbreaker and gets the pin.

Team WWE responds by sending The Rock in against Rude. Now this is a great face / heel / match. Overall, Rude could have some tricks up his sleeve, and Heenan is also on the outside. But, despite his clamoring, Rock won't tag Jericho, with whom Rock was fighting at the time. Jericho slaps Rock in the back for the "blind tag," which distracts Rock, but the ref misses it. Rude rolls up The Rock and pulls his tights for the win. Am I saying Rude is better than The Rock? No, but there was dissention on team WWE, and you have to take that into consideration.

Team Andre is up, and send Andre in against Jericho. Jericho is only 20 pounds north of being a Cruiserweight. Andre is an all-time legend, and he's fresh. Plus, Jericho just got punched in the mouth by The Rock. Andre big time here.

Update - it's Andre, Rude, and Bundy left for team Andre. Andre is relatively fresh. Rude is exhausted. Bundy hasn't even seen ring time yet. Team WWF has Undertaker and Kane left. Taker is 100% fresh, and Kane is in good shape too.

So, team WWF tries to pick off Rude by sending in The Undertaker. It takes 5 minutes. An exhausted Rude vs a fresh Undertaker? Tombstone and done. 2 on 2.

Team Andre steps up, by putting a fresh Bundy in against Kane. The two go back and forth, but Bundy isn't in the shape Kane is in. Plus, Kane is fast enough to move away from the Avalanche in the corner, and hit a chokeslam for the pin.

Andre stares in at Taker and Kane. Andre would take out either ONE of them, but not both. He's a legend, but it's too much to ask to beat the Brothers of Destruction in a handicap match. Yes, it comes down to a tired Andre and a fresh Undertaker. Yes, the fans stand and cheer. Yes, Taker is his team's sole survivor.

Team WWF FTW.

And again, everyone is already forgetting that Team WWF couldn't stand one another. The Rock and Jericho were at each others throats, and with the Survival of the WWF franchise on the line, Jericho laid the Rock out with a steal chair. That's not what you need as a team mate.

I would take Rude over the Big Show and Kane any day of the week. I would take a 1987 Andre the Giant over a 2001 Undertaker, Kane or Big Show any day of the week. Bundy wasn't bad back in 1987 either. People tend to remember the Wrestlemania 11 Bundy, not the Wrestlemania 2 era Bundy.

To begin with, I don't see Rock standing a chance against Andre. There is no move, not even the Rock Bottom, that would do a damn thing to Andre, so Rock is gone early.

Dont underestimate The Rock, he's a big strong dude in his own right, his strength might not be Hogan or Cena-esque but he more than makes up for in speed and agility. Also at this point in his career he was damn near unbeatable and even Andre would have trouble keeping him down. He could find a way to beat him.

Team WWF take this one for me anyway, Rock beat's Butch Reed, Big Show takes out One Man Gang but Bundy takes advantage of the tired Big Show to eliminate him, Kane eliminates Bundy. Chris Jericho and Rick Rude have an epic battle but I am guessing The Rock tag's himself in and finishes Rude himself. Jericho attacks The Rock and Andre comes in and dominates Rocky for a while.

Rock makes a bit of a comeback and slap's Jericho to tag him in before throwing him in the ring to Andre's mercy. Jericho is gone. Undertaker steps up and fights Andre with Andre getting the upper-hand and looks set to win when Kane loses patience and charges Andre, Taker and Kane double chokeslam Andre and The Rock add's the most electrifying move in sports entertainment for the Team WWF win.

Honestly, all the dissention in the WWF team comes from Jericho. I'll go one step further and state that I think that team WWF could win this without Jericho even there.

Rude vs The Rock: I have to pick the Rock on this one. While I agree that most of his stuff was on the mic, I still think that the Rock of 2001 could beat Rick Rude from '87.

Big Show vs Butch Reed: No way Big Show loses here. I see Big Show winning with a chokeslam early on, but pushes his luck against Andre and is out.

Bundy and One Man Gang vs The Rock, Undertaker, and Kane: Really? This is a no contest. Sure, the Rock would probably be out here after a long contest with Rude, but the Brothers of Destruction could take out Bundy and Gang in their sleep.

Andre vs the WWF: Now comes the hard part. Assume that only Taker and Kane are left. Sure, this is weak Taker, but this is also strong Kane. I think that balances things out a bit. Andre is king of power moves, and would probably eliminate one of them, but I think that he would be hurt and tired, something that doesn't seem to phase the Brothers of Destruction. Now, come to the reality that I left out Jericho. The sneakiest guy in this entire matchup who could more than tip the tide in the favor of WWF.

Give the right guy motivation, and he'll do anything. A quarreling WWF still beats team Andre here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back