• Vicious/Misawa

• Raven/Rock

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Sixteen
SID VICIOUS & MITSUHARU MISAWA
"Psycho Tiger"
vs.
RAVEN & THE ROCK
"The Rock 'n' Raven Infection"

I wonder if anybody'll get the TNA reference. Probably not.

Yes I do get the TNA reference. Your talking about the tag team with Lance Rock and Jimmy Rave. Alright with tag teams I would have to go with the Rock and Raven. Basically because I don't know anything about Japanese wrestling and I feel The Rock and Raven could beat Sid Vicious easily.

I know why you've ''randomly'' paired Sid & Misawa, it's because of in ring breakages, isn't it? I pick that team, I've always thought The Rock & Raven were better when they weren't wrestling, which surely is missing the point of being a wrestler. The Rock knows this and now he makes average films. Raven doesn't, that's why he's in films with the Insane Clown Posse and he still occasionally works for TNA.

Rock N' Raven is a spectacular name. Top notch, no doubt. This is an interesting match if you want to see whether Misawa can avenge his WZ Tourney loss against the Rock, that's for sure.

Anyway, much like Goldberg/Kobashi, Psycho Tiger may struggle with some communication problems. I'm not so sure how Raven or Rock will be along, but it shouldn't be too bad.

What it really comes down to is that the Infection have the Rock. He was arguably the most entertaining wrestler of all time. That's enough for me to vote for him.

Another easy decision. I picked the Rock and Raven to easily defeat Mitsuhara Misawa and (Psycho) Sid Vicious. Partly out of ignorance, mind you, as like a couple of other guys previously mentioned in this tournament, I have zero familiarity with Misawa and as such really cannot comment on him positively or negatively. Vicious was OK, but a little too much of a lunatic for me, both in kayfabe and in reality terms. Very injury prone, bounced around from company to company with long lay-offs in between appearances. I didn't hate Sid or anything, he just doesn't measure up to the competition in this match-up.

Raven was one of my favorites back in the day. Granted he's no longer relevant in 2010 like he was back in ECW, WCW, or even WWF, but he was a really interesting character with good mic skills back then, and really attracted a cult-like following. Combine him with the most electrifying man in sports entertainment history, and this is a no contest. There will never be another Rock. Heel or face, solo, tag team or faction. Mic skills like few before him with the look, the charisma, and the ring skills to be the total package. Too bad his career ended prematurely, but even with this fact in mind, he's still the Rock.

WINNERS: RAVEN AND THE ROCK

Sid Vicious can barely speak English, let alone Japanese, so the chemistry factor immediately goes to the Rock, who has a history of hilariously being teamed with weirdos. Raven is the worst wrestler here, but he could probably out smart Sid enough to distract him while the Rock soaks up the crowd and beats Misawa with an elbow drop to a chorus of crying fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back