Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Second round matches are conducted under tornado tag rules - all participants are legal, all the time.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - Forty-eight hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

15wl5zd.jpg

Match Eight
CM PUNK & EDGE
"Straight Edge"
vs.
RAVEN & THE ROCK
"The Rock 'n' Raven Infection"

The People's Champion teams up with hardcore legend; Raven. Together, they will be taking on the dynamic duo of Edge and CM Punk.​

I really don’t know who to go for here.

On the one hand, you have The Rock and Raven. Both of whom have accomplished a lot in their careers. The Rock was a multi-talented guy who knew how to talk his way around an opponent better than he could wrestle. That is not to say that he was a slouch inside the ring. Raven was an extreme legend but I don’t think that will come in handy in this match at all. Yes! It is a Tornado Tag match but it is not extreme rules.

On the other side, you have CM Punk and Edge. Edge’s tag credentials are there for everyone to see and CM punk has made his name from his SES. Of course, as part of that, he had to do quite a lot of tag team work and I think that gives Edge and Punk enough to go over here.

Of course, I could convinced differently.

The rock and the raven in my opinion would destroy. Yes CM and the Edge are great wrestlers but if you look at all the crap Raven has endured hes just not the type to loose much. And come on its the rock man haha. My vote Rock and Raven

My vote is for The Rock and Raven

I have always a big fan of Raven and he can be a great brawer even with out his weapons and he has the Great One as his partner :D

I could see this ending with Raven hitting the Raven effect on CM Punk in the middle of the ring for the One Two Three.

No need to take anything away from Edge of Punk (two of my favorite wrestlers) but Raven and The Rock would have this won

Really tough one here. Rock N Raven have the huge advantage when it comes to team name and I also reckon they'd get along better together for some reason. However, I quite like CM Punk, obviously. Edge isn't as awful as people say he is either.

In the end, I guess I'll have to go with the biggest star in this one, which is clearly Mr. Johnson. Not only was he a pretty big wrasslin' star, but The Rundown wasn't half bad either.

Well CM Punk can easily take care of Raven but The Rock can take care of Edge. Then that leaves the Rock and Punk. Sadly, Punk won't be able to match up against the Great One. I believe a Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow on the Straightedge savior ends this one.

My pick goes to The Rock and Raven. Rock is one of the biggest superstars of All Time and he is better than both Cm Punk and Edge. I also think Raven is very underrated he is good in the ring and great on the mic. The Rock N' Infection get the Win here.

This was a togh one, but in the end I went with Raven and the Rock.

CM Punk is a tremendous talent, no doubt about it, and he's only going to get better, especially if he continues to function as a heel. Above average in the ring and stellar on the mic, he'd make an excellent tag team partner for anyone. Edge is a highly decorated multi-time champion with longevity in the business well beyond what I ever thought he'd have. Again, above average in the ring and excellent with his mic work, with a tremendous heart to continue to come back from serious injuries that would have made many guys contemplate retirement.

Raven may be a shadow of his former self, but back in the day (which granted was along time ago) he was impressive. I always liked him, especially back in his WCW days. Too bad he is involved with this whole EV2.0 thing, but that fact aside, he would be a tag team partner who could greatly complement his ally.

But in the end, it comes down to the Rock. While he cut his WWE career short to pursue greener pastures in Hollywood, he did stick around for quite a while and was one of the major players in the WWE for all of this time. Great in the ring, and better than most on the mic, adding the most electrifying man in sports entertainment history onto your team can only bode well for the success of your team.

WINNERS: RAVEN AND THE ROCK

The Rock wins here. Raven may not be as good as Edge and CM Punk but in his prime he could still have held his own with them. Neither Edge nor Punk can hold a candle to where the Rock was at his peak. It may be close but The Rock and Raven get the win.

For The Rock being in the WWE only six or seven years, he lost a whole lot. Even when he was at his peak from 1999-2000 he still lost a good amount of big matches by interference or the other guy just being better. Edge has tons and tons of tag team experience and Punk isn't too shabby. I see Christian who is mad that he couldn't be in this match interfering and Rock getting a GTS/Spear combination and Straight Edge will pick up the win.

The Rock is the great one. I am not saying he will win this match on his own, but he will carry his team for the most part. Rock is greater then both Edge and Punk, and Raven just needs to not get pinned. That should be easy enough since he is incredibly tough. Rock can go toe to toe with either Edge or Punk and Raven has shown he can carry his own weight when wrestling Punk. This will boil down to Edge and Rock and the Rock will win any day of the week.

If you asked me this one was a tough choice. I like three out four wrestlers here. I'm slightly letting the other one back into liking him again but he's still got to earn it for me. Anyways this is weird and great match as well. CM Punk and Edge vs Raven and Rock! I voted for Raven and Rock a little bit better then CM Punk and Edge. Let's face it Rock can easily take on all three of these guys but teaming up with a great mind weird guy in your corner you can't lose. Raven will take Punk down one way or another which leaves the Rock to deal with Edge. I think the Rock will be taking Edge to school here!! Either way it will be a good match. Can't wait to see who comes out on top.!!

WHOA this is going on? I had no idea until we decided to not bury it in a sub sub sub forum!!

Ugh, as much as I LOVE Punk, I cant deny how woefully overrated Edge is, and how dastardly underrated Raven is. Then you have the guy who coulda/woulda/shoulda been the best of all time, and who had a short but incredible carreer in The Rock. Couple that with the fact that putting Edge and Punk together is about like mixing oil and water, and you know what happens here.

The pick is easy, for me.

Raven / Rock

Rock and Raven get the win here. On a good night Rock could mop the floor with CM Punk and Edge, and on a bad one he'd still beat their assess, especially with a tag team partner like Raven. Pretty easy choice here, Rock whoops some ass and leaves victorious.

I have to agree this is a tough one. Obviously Raven is know for ECW and hardcore. I voted for punk/edge thought. Edge is a very underrated hardcore wrestler. I also think he and punk would mesh together well but rock and raven have nothing in common. I see them arguing because the rock is the superstar but raven would think with the ecw rules that he should be the leader. I have to go with the better tag team here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back