Round One, Match Six - The Ultimate Warrior & Jeff Hardy vs. Roddy Piper & Triple H

Pick a winner

• Warrior/Hardy

• Piper/Game

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Basic Guidelines:
  1. First Round matches are conducted under basic WWE singles match rules - the really inconsistent ones you see on television weekly.
  2. Polls will open after - approximately - twenty-four hours.
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.
  5. No regions, no arenas, no gimmicks (for now) - everything is based on merit.

b6y0jb.jpg

Match Six
THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR & JEFF HARDY
"Cocaine and LSD"
vs.
RODDY PIPER & TRIPLE H
"Scottish Blueboods"

Lots of face-paint, tassles, kilts and whatnot, thrown in with a fair amont of water spitting. This one's not gonna be pretty.

Jeff Hardy in 2008-2009 doesn't surpass the Triple H of 2000. But at least Hardy maintained a level of awesomeness for two years, Triple H only managed one. And Jeff Hardy in TNA could never hope to be as bad as Triple H in 2003.

The Warrior was way more interesting than Piper. Piper might've been crazy, but The Warrior looks like the sort of people who'd throw poo at you. Coconut to the head or a poo in the face? Coconut please.

I'm actually going to go with Warrior and Hardy. Piper is another guy who was a tremendous performer but he often found himself on the losing end of the feuds he was in. Warrior rarely lost and Jeff Hardy is no slouch either. It will be close but I give the edge to the drug addicts.

Warrior and Hardy for me here, pretty easily. They seem like a team that could really form some chemistry while sitting in the back of a van and sharing needles. They both have face paint as well, a fun fact.

Overall, I fine them much more interesting and entertaining than a team with HHH on it. If you want to go all kayfabe with it, the Ultimate Warrior never lost a match, or something.

The Ultimate Cokeheads are a team that I think can go quite far in this thing.

Ultimate Warrior has beaten a lot of people in his time, even going as far as taking down the Immortal Hulk Hogan. That's a pretty big feat there, considering that it was relatively close to his prime. While Jeff Hardy and Triple H have got some history where HHH took him down, it took him to his limits. He'd have to tag in Piper sometime and while he might be a solid worker, he hasn't really done the things that the drug addicts have.

I'm voting for Hardy/Warrior here.

Good match here. With Piper and Hunter being a dream team if I ever saw one. These two as heels would do whatever it took to win a match, and we all know Triple H has beaten Jeff Hardy numerous times. I just hate to stifle them because Warrior and Hardy will walk out the victors here. Warrior has beaten both Trips and Piper. I really don't see how they could get past someone who never lost ever.

Cocaine and LSD. Love the name - but dear God what a train wreck shit show of a tag team. Jeff Hardy was a tag team mainstay, but only really saw tag success with one man - his damn brother. Warrior on the other hand was the weak link in a team with Sting and was an awful partner to guys like Hogan and Savage in the 90's.

The Scottish Bluebloods are a different story. Piper didn't win Tag Team Gold until the hall of fame deal with Flair, but he teamed up with the Hogans of the world several times to battle the likes of Flair and Justice. Triple H has made a career of being a part of a team and using that team to its fullest. DX with Michaels and later with NAO and Chyna. Evolution. The 2-man Power Trip.

Warrior and Hardy may just straight up no show due to a drug induced coma.

Considering this is a tournament based on odd couple tag teams, you'd expect Jeff Hardy & The Warrior to work well together, surely. The Warrior is fucking mental, do you think Jeff Hardy gives a shit? If he can put up with Matt Hardy Twittering then he can handle Warrior talking to him in tongues.

I don't see how two people like Piper & Triple H could coexist. You only need to look at Piper during War Games 1998 to see that he doesn't like people stealing his spotlight.

Yeah, this easily goes to The Ultimate Warrior and Jeff Hardy.

Warrior had one of the most dominate runs in WWE history, and Jeff Hardy has shown himself to be one of the most resilient wrestlers to ever compete.

HHH and Roddy Piper on the other hand, well... HHH has been inconsistent the majority of his career wins and losses wise, and Piper hardly ever won. As heels, which they would undoubtedly be here, they're just not that good. Great on the mic? Roddy, sure, but being great on the mic would not get his team past one like Warrior and Hardy.

Plus, as Jake mentioned... Warrior and Hardy would be able to get along. You cannot say the same about Piper and HHH. Both characters are so egotistical and controlling that there's absolutely no way they'd ever be able to work together to the point where they could be a team like Hardy and The Ultimate Warrior. No way.

Triple H in 2000 was one of the most dominant heels ever. He's the only guy to go into WM as a heel champ and still go out as champ. Sure, he was plowing Steph, but that only adds to it. And like IC said, both guys have had success as tag-team wrestlers, while Jeff couldn't do anything with a guy like RVD, another druggie, when they were teaming sporadically in 02. Warrior was dominant and overtook Hogan, but hasn't had much tag-team documented success. I could care less if HHH and Piper wouldn't like each other. The Two Man Power Trip all started with Austin and HHH being at each other's throats. As far as I'm concerned, the Druggies lose via count out via failing wellness policy.

I went with Triple H and Rowdy Roddy Piper to emerge victorious over the Ultimate Warrior and Jeff Hardy. Triple H has had a monumental impact upon the world of professional wrestling, whether you think that's deservedly so, or you believe it's because he married the boss's daughter, won't put people over, had the right friends in the right places, and all of the other IWC-generated fallacies. He's above average in the ring and stellar on the mic, whether he be face or heel solo, tag team or faction, whatever. He's spent a lot of his career in tag team wrestling, predominantly with DX, and his accomplishments in the ring and the longevity of his career would preclude him being eliminated in the first round of a tournament of this nature. Couple him with another Hall of Famer in Piper, who granted is well past his prime today, but his legacy and accomplishments in the ring are not to be discredited. Again, heel or face with mic skills and charisma aplenty, and we see a strong tag team coupling here.

The Ultimate Warrior is a lunatic and has been for a long time. His impact upon the WWE was significant, but in the grand scope of things was short-lived. Cannot really seriously consider him in the tournament. All hype, little substance, and way too much baggage. Combine him with Mr. Undependability in Jeff Hardy and this combination would be a recipe for disaster. Hardy is over-rated and this is more apparent today than ever. His success can be directly attributable to the WWE marketing machine, as evidenced by his disappearance from relevance in TNA. When considering two veteran performers with a long established track record, versus two guys who have not been the models of consistency or reliablility, my choice is clear.

WINNERS: ROWDY RODDY PIPER AND TRIPLE H

You can say what you want about HHH, but you can't deny that he's been more sucessful than Hardy and Warrior. Add that to the fact that he actually has a history of getting along with people that he doesn't even like. I can safely assume that HHH and Piper can be able to work a partnership out. I don't doubt that Warrior and Hardy will able to get along well too with their mutual love for drugs. However, Piper will be able to neutralize the Warrior long enough for The Game to hit Hardy with a Pedigree for the win.

Warrior and Hardy all day long. Warrior is a beast and has decimated Triple H in the past, though obviously when Helmsley was younger, but it would still suggest that HHH isn't in the sphere of people who could hope to beat Warrior. Piper is a good brawler, but like most heels of the 80s he was there to lose to the mega faces. Mega faces like Warrior and Hardy. I think this is going to the facepaint mentalists.

I am going Warrior and Hardy here.

While Warrior wasn't the tag team guy, I think he could work with a guy like Hardy. Warrior would out power HHH and Piper while Jeff Hardy could do all that flashy shit. While Jeff Hardy is probably the weakest one on one person in this match, he would be the strongest tag team parter in the match, even if there isn't a gimmick. I also think HHH and Piper would fight to be the dominant one, if HHH was heel that is.

I was torn when I entered the thread. I tried to think of what the name for Hardy/Warrior could be, as well as Piper/HHH. I got close on Piper/HHH (Cerebral Scotsmen was my guess), but the name for Hardy/Warrior is just epic. They win just based on that.

Warrior and Hardy may just straight up no show due to a drug induced coma.

:lmao:
Made my day!

I'd give it to the Bluebloods.
Piper and Hunter would dissect the drug fiends, I mean Warrior and Hardy, Egads man! does it get any more helter skelter in the ring than these two!!!

Piper and Hunter would probably target the head and neck region work on it all night. Piper would shout and scream while applying the Sleeper and Hunter would distract the ref while Piper lowblow'd Warrior and then tag Hunter, who hits the Pedigree and pins the Ultimate Sniffer.
And then gets on the mic and says,"That's for Wrestlemania 12, you overrated son of b****!!!."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back