Round Three, Match Two - Ultimate Warrior & Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle & Steve Austin

Who wins this match up?

• Ultimate Warrior/Jeff Hardy

• Kurt Angle/Stone Cold

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Basic Guidelines:
  1. Third round matches are conducted under extreme rules - all participants are legal, all the time. Everything is legal, including weapons.
  2. Polls will open immediately
  3. Vote how you like, by whatever criteria you like.
  4. Strictly no alts.

6oo6yv.jpg

Match Two
ULTIMATE WARRIOR & JEFF HARDY
"Cocaine and LSD"
vs.
KURT ANGLE & STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN
"Beer Milk Inc."

Stone Cold and Kurt Angle team up once more to take on the dynamic duo of The Ultimate Warrior and Jeff Hardy under extreme rules. Could the stipulation cause an upset here?​

This was a surprisingly easy one considering that we have arrived at round three. I went with Kurt Angle and SCSA to easily defeat the Ultimate Warrior and Jeff Hardy.

One one side we have Kurt Angle, one of the technically best wrestlers in professional wrestling, teamed up with one of the most popular guys in professional wrestling history. Kurt Angle, while not one of my personal favorites, is superb in the ring, gifted on the mic, and capable of progressing a storyline like few before him. With Austin, we have the guy who next to Hogan is probably the most over guy ever: also fantastic on the mic, good in the ring, and a spectacular storyteller as well.

Their competition? A lunatic who was large and popular in his heyday, but was probably more hype than substance, and Hardy, an over-rated spot monkey with a lot of baggage.

WINNERS: KURT ANGLE AND STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

The Ultimate Cokeheads for me. They just seem to fit as a team. The bond you form while shooting up together in the back of a van is stronger than anything, really. I think the Bald Eagles will be considerably less happy with one another.

I'll take the exciting, eccentric, colorful, drug addicted pair over almost any other team here, even one with two of the best and baldest wrestlers ever.

Austin and Angle pretty easily here for me.

EIther one is more than enough to cancel out Warrior. Austin might be the best brawler ever and Warrior Hulking Up would be stopped by a kick to the balls or several chair shots. This leaves Jeff Hardy vs. Austin or Angle. What do you think is going to happen there? Just think about it for a bit and if you don't see the rainbow haired dude getting his ass kicked you're wrong. Austin and Angle win here.

Ultimate Warrior did what few could do: Beat Hulk Hogan

Jeff Hardy did what few could do in the last couple of years: Beat HBK clean.

If Warrior can survive five consecutive elbow drops, I'm sure he could survive a stunner. I don't see Warrior tapping to Angle either.

I'm pretty much saying Warrior can win this by himself. Hardy can help out too.

Austin and Angle pretty easily here for me.

EIther one is more than enough to cancel out Warrior. Austin might be the best brawler ever and Warrior Hulking Up would be stopped by a kick to the balls or several chair shots. This leaves Jeff Hardy vs. Austin or Angle. What do you think is going to happen there? Just think about it for a bit and if you don't see the rainbow haired dude getting his ass kicked you're wrong. Austin and Angle win here.

A kick in the balls or several chair shots wouldn't do much to stop Warrior. Plenty of wrestlers have been kicked in the balls and survived chair shots to win hardcore matches who have had less energy than Warrior. The Ultimate One might no sell it to be honest with you. Still taking Warrior and Hardy. Austin and Angle don't exactly have the best chemistry.

For the love of God, change the names of Austin & Angle. Beer Milk Inc is truly daft. Bald Eagles is so much better ;)

Anyway, I see Austin & Angle taking this. Hardy & Warrior have done well to get this far but they go no further. They suffer a most painful death. Steve Austin is known for being the toughest S.O.B in the WWF/E and if he survives a broken neck to pin Owen Hart (badly) then he can take out Mr. Steroids himself. As for Hardy & Angle, the guy who won the Olympics with a broken neck vs. an addict who's best at climbing ladders (which he won't be able to do after Angle snaps his ankle). I think I'll take the two legends over the two overrated guys.

Winners: Bald Eagles: Steve Austin & Kurt Angle.

Angle and Austin quite easily. Hardy kinda sucks dick, and I never really liked Warrior, maybe it was because he was so fucking terrible, who knows. Austin is a monster, he'll easily take care of Hardy, and Warrior will look like an idiot, and get pinned hastily.

I think I need to give this one to Austin and Angle. However, I think it would be a lot closer than people would expect it to be. Let us not forget that we are working under Extreme Rules in this round and I feel that stipulation sways towards the advantage of The Warrior and Jeff Hardy.

That being said, I still think that Austin and Angle would have enough to overcome their opponents. Let’s face it, Austin has been one of the most extreme characters to ever grace a wrestling ring. During the Attitude Era, there was literally nothing that he wouldn’t do to pull out a win. When you couple that with the talent of Kurt Angle, probably the best pure wrestler to ever grace a wrestling ring, I don’t think the stipulation is enough to go against these guys. Also, Kurt Angle has been in his fair share of extreme matches. I recall watching his match with Shane McMahon at King of the Ring for proof of that.

Warrior and Hardy are a good team but I just don’t think that they have enough pure talent to get by probably two of the best competitors in wrestling history. The weak link is Jeff Hardy, for me. For that reason, I am giving it to Austin/Angle.

I definitely think that this has to go to Austin and Angle. Austin is One of the Biggest superstars of All Time and he is better that both Hardy and Warrior. Angle is one of the Best Wrestlers in History and he is also better than Warrior & Hardy

Prediction:Austin & Angle Advance

I see this one going to the Bald Eagles here. Stone Cold and Kurt Angle are two of the greatest of all time here while Ultimate Warrior is pretty far up there and Jeff... Jeff is just Jeff. Also, people are pointing out the supposed chemistry that Warrior and Jeff will have but I believe this ends now. Mainly do to the fact that eventually Jeff is gonna steal some of the Warriors drugs which will cause Warrior to then turn straight on Jeff beating him up giving him numerous amounts of clothes lines. Then Austin and Angle will hurry up and throw Warrior out of the ring and pin Hardy for the 1,2,3.

The druggies do present an interesting tag team, however, I think Angle and Austin can take this. Austin and Warrior will be like two elephants fighting, which will leave room for one of the most technically proficient wrestlers of the last decade a very sloppy Jeff Hardy. I think Angle can take those odds. Also, if history shows us anything, nothing brings two men together faster then a group sing along with a ucalaly and some funny hats.

It'll be a great match as with Extreme Rules means Hardy can excel. I do believe however Austin + chair = win. The Warrior may have taken a lot of elbow drops and didn't go down but I feel Austin will keep hitting him with shot after shot until he does. Hardy may be exciting in this match but Kurt will beat him like he did Shane. Beer Milk Inc. or whatever they're called now will win this.

Give me Beer Milk Inc here. The reason I think Angle and Austin would come out on top here is because of how well they have shown to be in a hardcore environment. Throughout the attitude era, both men showed that they know how to handle some weapons. You can also make the same argument for Hardy, but believe it or not, I feel that Warrior is the weak link in this matchup. He is probably the least familiar with a match like this, and that can come back to haunt him.

So yeah, Beer Milk Inc for me.

This is Warrior and Hardy by a country mile. Kurt Angle's purpose is to lose to people more charismatic than him, which both of these people are. As for Austin, he was a megastar, but he was by no means invincible, and of all the all time greats, he probably suffered the most defeats. Austin is a veteran of random partnerships, and in almost every circumstance they imploded. I don't see this being any different, and Warrior and Hardy should walk out the victors here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back