• Hardys

• Swagger/Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r3.jpg

It's time! It's time! And in one day's time, it'll be time to vote.

hardys.jpg
vagger.jpg

TNA Region
The Hardy Boys - Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy
vs.
Big Van Vader & Jack Swagger

I'm going with the All-American Mastodons here. The Hardys have the chemistry, but there's no denying that a majority of their tag career was spent making other teams look better. They'll bring the spots, and they'll use their speed, but they won't be able to match up with the power and skills of Swaggah and Vadah (Yeah, I did it). After Matt and Jeff get done beating themselves to a pulp, it'll only take one Vader-Bomb or Gutwrench Powerbomb to end it.

I have to go with the Hardys since i would much rather watch one of there matches. They can wrestle in any match from hell in a cell to ladder to a standard match and all of them can be awesome. The risk taking and crazy moves not to mention there unbeatable chemistry in the ring makes me want the hardys to win this so my vote is for the hardys.

Easy victory for the Hardys here. I love Vader, Swagger is nothing special to me, and the both of them together are still nothing compared to the Hardys. I've been a critic of Jeff many a time on this forum, but as a tag team, it's hard to deny their greatness. Any tag team that could make a piece of shit show like December 2 Dismember worth watching for their match alone gets my vote here.

The concept here is simple: the Hardys act like their old selves and they win. If they try to go toe to toe here, they lose. There's really nothing more to it than that. They had the Rockers style to them where they can hang with bigger guys if they have to. Swagger certainly would be the guy to go after here, and if they can catch him with something fast like a missile dropkick into a rollup or something like that, this will be easy.

Hardys pick up the win here. They are faster and more skilled then Vader and Swagger (No I didn't NSL). The chemistry is also a key role, and as long as they can isolate Swagger the Hardy's will be in good shape. Even with Vader in the ring they got to make him run all around the ring and get him tired quickly which I think they will.

Vader and Swagger got the power game but the Hardyz have speed and they have been together longer as a team then Vader and Swagger and the hardyz are not stupid when they are facing somebody twice there size so i am going with matt and jeff on this one

I was absolutely astounded that the Hardyz got the win over Demolition.

For the record, if Vader was paired with God, like Carlito, this would be in the bag.
Although Swagger may be the weak link on AAM, neither Hardy would have the Cahones to be able to draw Vader away for the other to get the fall...

Can you honestly see either Hardy in their Hardyz prime, going toe to toe with Vader???

AAM for the win here.

Vagger wins here, for sure. What can Jeff or Matt do that can bring down Vader? Nothing at all. The man is an absolute beast. If the Hardys try to do a bunch of high flying stuff, they will easily be caught and slammed to the mat by Vader. He is a tank.

As for Swagger being the "weak link" of the team, he's one hell of a weak link. I know this is a tag team match, but just to illustrate how dominant he's been, Swagger has lost only 3 one on one matches cleanly in over a year in the WWE. That's freaking incredible. Also, he had a few wins against one Mr. Matt Hardy on the other side.

The Hardys may have been fun to watch and all of that jazz, but they didn't actually win that much, are sorta overrated, and would definetly not beat Vagger.

Vader in his prime alone is more then a match for the Hardy Boys. I share the other sentiments in here, how the hell the Hardy's got past a superior tag team in Demolition is beyond me at this point.

Vader in his prime would toss both the Hardy's around the ring like rag dolls. Sure, the Hardy's went against bigger opponents like the Dudleys...but I take Vader from the early 90's as a toll of destruction in this match.

Add in a guy with as much raw potential as Jack swagger, and this match really isn't close.

Interesting matchup here. Hardys when they were a team are no match for Vader on his own. As long as Vader stays in the ring here, then their team will win. I almost feel as though Swagger can be a bit of a distration, but he does have wins over Matt Hardy I believe. So if that leaves Jeff alone for one second, he is gone. Hate voting against established teams, but Hardy's cannot take Vader.

The Hardy's are good but they were more like the jobbers in the threesome of them, EC, and the Dudleys. I don't see Jeff or Matt taking down Vader and Swagger has beaten Matt before so he wouldn't be that much of a weak link. The Hardys are resilient but either I see Vader and Swagger walking out with the win.

I have to say that Vaggah will get the victory over the Hardys. Sure, their style is innovative, considered to be more adept to the six sided ring from experience and their wrestling abilities and the speed/spotting everywhere... but the strength and technical prowess will take down any team. You have the epitome of technicality in Jack Swagger and the epitome of big men power wrestling in Vader that cannot be outmatched, especially not the Hardys.

I love the Hardys, I really do... but Vaggah is just a force to be reckoned with and I would like to see a Deuces Wild pairing break through the glass ceiling.

CHYEA BITCH, TIED THIS MOTHAFUCKA UP!!!!

Seriously? The fucking Harvey brothers have a tie match against VADER IN HIS PRIME? What the SHIT man?? The Hardys in their prime wouldve gotten fucking SQUASHED by Vader in their prime, no question. This has "enhancement rag doll tossing" written all over it. Add in Jack Swagger's epicness, who has proven to be BETTER than Matt Hardy, and this is absolute shit.

Vader and Swagger, and its not even fucking CLOSE man. What hell is wrong with people.

Sorry,
I'm moved here.
WTF????
HOW CAN THE HARDY'S be beating Vader/Swagger???
DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO VADER IS???

I really cannot imagine any scenario where the Hardys get a victory here.
How exactly would they manage to Isolate Swagger? It seems that that's what the Hardy Victory hinges on...

Sorry, maybe I'm takin this a little too serious...

I gotta go with my boys, the All American Mastadons. Vader is a f'n monster and could handle the Hardyz by himself. Adding in Swagger, who has the raw potential to be a huge star and the Hardyz don't have a chance. Swagger has defeated Matt Hardy once or twice and Vader is no match for Jeff. The Hardyz are the more established team, but I just can't see anyway they can pull off the victory against the AAM.

Man... I'm really on the fence here.

There's a lot of factors that are halting my decision here...

The Hardy's have teamwork. I don't care what anyone thinks... no matter how big of a tag team you are, if you have no teamwork you're not going to be a good tag team. The Mastodons would be too busy trying to be the alpha male in the ring to keep their heads in the game long enough to take out the teamed skills of Matt and Jeff.

Vader is a flyswatter. Is there any better way to explain this? Vader might be able to beat Jeff and Matt on his own, let alone with Swagger by his side.

The Hardy's have beaten the Acolytes. This tells me that the Hardy's aren't at a total disadvantage because they've beaten a team of powerhouses before.

Vader and Swagger ooze domination. I can't deny the fact that at first glance, these guys are a SICK tag team. If they ever got a chance to really exist they would've been monsterous. But, the Natural Disasters were similar and they were losing matches in no time.

Someone try to help me out here...

Well, I remember Brock Lesnar's left arm had tremendous chemistry going on with Brock Lesnar's right arm when he absolutely mopped the floor with both Hardy's. Vader and Swagger are much more similar to him than a past-his-prime Ron Simmons and Bradshaw.

The only thing I can see hindering them is the whole "who's the alpha male?" thing but they're both too wily to fall victim to a roll-up or some shit.

Why Vader and Swagger CRUSH the Hardyz

1. Vader dominates smaller wrestlers.

The only undersized wrestler who's ever had ANY real success against Big Van Vader was Ric Flair. Jeff Hardy is NO Ric Flair. Think about it - you people extoll Jeff for being a great high flyer? Sting was one of the greatest high flyers in wrestling history in the early 90's, and Vader holds a winning record against him, including several title wins.

2. There is no weak link in Vader / Swagger.

Matt is a clear weak link in the Hardys. Always has been. Against the Hardys, both Vader and Swagger have size and strength advantages and neither of them is a clear "weak link." Vader has power, agility, and brutality, whereas Swagger has athleticism and endurance.

3. The Hardys don't perform well against larger opponents.

The only opponents Matt and Jeff have had true, regular success against are the Dudley Boyz, and most of Matt and Jeff's wins over them came in stipulation matches. Jeff and Matt just don't match up well against two men with significant size advantages, especially when the biggest man (Vader) is as agile as Matt Hardy.

4. Brutality.

Call it killer instinct. Vader has always had it. He'll find a way to win, and he'll punish Jeff and Matt along the way.

5. Teamwork.

Vader had no issue winning the IWGP Tag Titles along with Bam Bam Bigelow despite not having a long standing history. The idea that the Hardys have been a team longer and are brothers is over rated. Give me two hungry athletes who have no real allegiance to one another and I'm a buyer.

THE ALL AMERICAN MASTADONS DESTROY THE HARDLYS.

The only thing I can see hindering them is the whole "who's the alpha male?" thing but they're both too wily to fall victim to a roll-up or some shit.

Matt has also turned on Jeff twice. Vader won with Bigelow (a rival) and had no issue teaming with Hogan against the Dungeon of Doom until he was fired for the Orndorff issue.

Man, what a shame. I really neat team, assembled totally at random, is out of the tournament now. And we're back to chalk - the same old teams in the final rounds. Oh well, I guess it happens that way. But in any situation, I'd still have taken Vader and Swagger to defeat the Hardys, SOUNDLY.

What a joke. Vader would destroy both the Hardys on his own while Swagger just stood back grinning.

I think last night proved Swagger can't stand back and let someone else get the glory. If Vader had one of the Hardy's beat and Swagger tagged himself in like that, Vader would kick the shit out of him. Not a great team there. The better team beat the team with the best individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back