Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
r2.jpg

All-American Mastodons - Big Van Vader & Jack Swagger
vs.
The Extreme Horseman - Steve Corino & CW Anderson

Vader and Swagger come off a victory over the Machine Guns in their own backyard, whereas the Extreme Horseman pick up a win over current world heavyweight champion CM Punk... and Spike Dudley.

Gotta say, goes back to the last thread - in a TNA, environment, I reckon Vader taking these two on his own.
Swagger would be the icing on the cake.
If it were an ECW environment, it may be a harder call, but as it is,
ALL AMERICAN MASTODONs FTW!

"I can and will kick all your asses.... LET'S FIGHT!!!"

Very, very tough decision here. Corino is much better than Swagger, but CW Anderson isn't nearly as good as Vader, which is what pretty much has sealed my vote for Vader and Swagger here. While I love Corino and Anderson is underrated, I just don't see the both of them being able to handle a Vader in his prime, let alone with a good partner like Swagger.

Had to vote for Vagger here. That name sounds quite offensive for some reason.

Vader and Swagger are definitely going to be overrated in this tournament, but they have had two matches against teams that they would beat quite easily. Neither Corino nor Anderson have ever enjoyed successes in a big company, and Vader has, all over the world, while Swagger isn't bad at all. It was quite an easy one for me here.

Vader and Swagger is the best of the deuces wild picks, the only better team would have been Lesnar and Vader, more seriously though Extreme Horseman are Indy and they had less competition then Vader and Swagger. Vader would destroy them and Swagger would do that and taunt them.

Gotta vote for the All-American Mastadons here. Corino is the shit and I don't know much about CW Anderson, but I've only heard good things. But neither of those two are gonna be able to contain Big Van Vader. Vader is the heart and soul of this team. Swagger is still a young gun learning the ropes, but he has major upside and him and Vader are a perfect match.

I'll go with the Mastadons here. They're just too big and too powerful here. Corino is awesome, but the old school lariat is going to get nothing but a smile from Vader. Anderson, while I don't know much about him at all, I'd assume that a guy that can go toe to toe with Cena can go toe to toe with CW Anderson. The problem with fighting Vader is you have to be someone truly special to take him down. Based on that, while Corino is good, he's not that good, and Vader just crushes him.

I had to go with The Extreme Horseman.

Why? Well.... for one, I think they're an awesome tag team and have contributed more to the business than Swagger and Vader. I mean, Swagger's been in the spotlight as a professional wrestler for only a year, and Vader, well, I like Vader and enjoyed a lot of his work, but really... he was inconsistent and his prime didn't last very long.

Steve Corino and CW Anderson, on the other hand, have both been in the business for over a decade and have entertained me and thousands of other fans since their debut, every time they stepped through that curtain. They're two fantastic professional wrestlers, and The Extreme Horseman gimmick was one of the best, most creative the business has had this decade. It's just a shame they didn't get a bigger platform to showcase it on.

And kayfabe wise, Corino and Anderson are tough enough to take whatever Vader can dish, while also intelligent/experienced enough to single out Swagger, keep him from getting that tag and find a way to get a win over him.

Quite easily The All-American Mastadons get the victory here just from the sheer presence of Vader. Though the extreme horsemen know how to operate as a unit in taking down the opponents, Corino is the only man suitable for matching up with Swagger in the match. As for Vader, this man is a monster & quite possibly the best big man ever to step into professional wrestling. He would dominate over the likes of C.W. Anderson & help Swagger out to take down Corino. No amount of tag team experience would be able to take down Vagger without having both members bringing high credentials to the table as this is just a force to be reckoned with.

I'm positive the voting won't reflect it, but this would actually be a damn good match. Corino v. Swagger is a match I'd give a nut to see, and CW has the strength and pain tolerance to hang with Vader for a short while. In the end though, The All-American Mastodons are just too much, and they'll find a way to win.

I voted the All American Vader Time team on this one. Swagger's a young buck with lots of energy and strength and Vader's just fucking dangerous. Although Corino and Anderson have actually tagged together and probably would mesh well against Swader, but in the end, I got to take the wild card tag team that could give any team in this tourney a run for their money.

Swader advances.

Vagger, All American Mastadons, Swader, whatever you want to call them (I think I'll be sticking with Vagger from now on) they are dangerous. I think they have a legit chance to win this whole tourney, they are that good. Vader is one of the best kayfabe wrestlers ever and Swagger has been dominant during his time in the WWE.

The Extreme Horsemen were a pretty decent team, but nothing outstanding. They were solid, but didn't have anything that could beat Vagger, who move on quite easily.

I want to say, I totally understand why I’m on the losing end here, but I have to go with the Extreme Horsemen. Experience working together in a make believe sport will always win me over against a make believe team in a make believe sport. I just can’t take the Deuces Wild Teams seriously, only because I will never see them teaming up together to see what they can do…together.

I still do not think that Swagger is that proven, but I do feel that Vader is that man to show him the way. The Extreme Horsemen, even though I think they are a great complimentary pairing, still do not match up with Vader (Who has become pretty overrated on this forum, but still deserves his place). I think Swagger compliments Vader's style in a hard pounding with flares of technicality that will give them the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back