• #4 AJ Styles

• #13 Davey Boy Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#4 The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. #13 The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith

The following match takes place in Atlanta, GA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play
3. Will crowd be a factor.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

I went with Smith in an extremely close match. Styles is, just as his name implies, phenomenal, but the bulldog was a master in the ring. His matches with Owen and Bret were great, and he beat them both in classics. Styles sadly enough has been turned into a clown but back in his best time he was among the best in the world, but not quite at the Bulldog's level. Bulldog in a war.

I think Davey Boy can be exposed in matches against smaller, quicker guys. Davey is all power moves, and if someone can just hang in there against him, they have a fighting chance. That's all Shawn Michaels had to do in order to beat him for the IC Title. Some underhanded heel tactics didn't hurt.

Styles is hilarious right now, and his talent hasn't flagged for a moment. He's taken on and defeated some of the best in the world if different sizes, and I think he'd be able to push the Bulldog to the limits and somehow get the win.

This should be a fun match. I've been very impressed by what I've seen of Styles, in spite of what TNA is doing to him (and has done to him). Why they play him as a clown is just beyond me.

Styles flies and does what he does best, confounding the muscle man (who yes, I acknowledge is more than just muscles, but he's a power wrestler).

This is a great matchup. I am going with Styles but it would be a great 30 to 35 minute match. One person noted this but Styles size would actually benefit him he could eventually get the big man down. I see some move where Davey is on the outside and jumps out on him and from there on it is all Styles. This would have been great.

Gotta remember that this match is in a WWE ring. The ring ropes in the WWE are so damn loose, (it's done to let the big fat asses get some bounce to make them look faster). These aren't the tight ropes in TNA and Styles moveset is going to become extremely hampered. Bulldog thrived in a WWE ring, and did fairly well against the smaller guys. He didn't win all the time, but he certainly has the cardio ability to hang in there with Styles. I think this is one of the better matches, and I would have voted for Styles, but simply can't. Bulldog in a close one.

This is actually an amazingly tough match. Bulldog and AJ are both amazing competitors, and they had charisma. Davey Boy was this big power guy, whereas Styles is all speed. However, as Shocky (dude, change your name back already) mentioned, those WWE ropes suck big time. They keep them lose to help the big guys, and when they tighten them, they ripped Foley's ear off. There's no inbetween, and therefore no room for Styles to do his fast-paced stuff. AJ is used to the 6 sides, his pace is perfect for the TNA hexagon, not the squared circle. Therefore, in one hell of a match, Davey Boy Smith keeps on going.

Styles could adabt to any enviroment. He's that good. And now he's got a personality I might have to say that he's perfect. Bulldog was poor. He was only good when he was with a super worker taking the load. I can't even put him through because he's English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back