Team Andre '87 vs Team Mega Powers

• Team Andre '87

• Team Mega Powers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Andre '87

Team Andre is from the 1987 Survivor Series, and consisted of Andre the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, and Rick Rude. They defeated "Team Hogan '87," consisting of Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera, and Bam Bam Bigelow. Hogan was counted out when Gang and Bundy prevented Hogan from a return to the ring. Bigelow stepped up HUGE, pinning both Bundy and Gang, but eventually fell to the sole survivor - Andre the Giant.

Team Mega Powers

Team Mega Powers is from the 1988 Survivor Series, and consisted of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Hercules, Koko B Ware, and Hillbilly Jim. They defeated "Team Twin Towers," consisting of Big Boss Man, Akeem, Ted DiBiase, Haku, and The Red Rooster. Savage and Hogan survived after Hogan pinned Haku.

Ewww, classic old school survivor series match, mel ike it alot.

I'm going with the heels in this match. While Team Mega Powers was impressive, simply too much beef on the other side. Andre was past his prime, sure, but it didn't stop him from being the sole survivor now did it. Rick Rude is more then capable of going move for move with the likes of Savage at this point in my opinion. Hercules and Reeds swap power for power, so that's a push. Why wouldn't the same scenario play out. Team Andre could afford to sacrifice two guys to take Hogan out, and still have a distinct advantage in this match. I can't recall any time where Savage pinned Andre, and Andre was certainly more then capable of eliminating anyone on the Mega Powers team.

Shocky nails it as usual. The Mega Powers might as well be in a 5 on 2 handicap match here. Has anyone ever seen Koko actually win a match? Same question for Hillbilly Jim. Hercules was always a favorite of mine, but he's outclassed here. As was said, either Hogan or Savage goes down to Kong and Gang outside via countout, and that leaves the other by himself against the rest of the team. Hogan and Savage were gods at this point, but Andre is a wrestling god forever, and his team wins here.

That's the thing though; Savage and Hogan alone have faced bigger odds. 8 years later, the two of them defeated seven men on thier own. With three other men backing them up, the Mega Powers win easy. Hogan thrived off of defeating big men. I say Koko and Jim get eliminated pretty quick, but still do enough wear and tear and leave Rude, the team's smallest member, up for grabs for Hercules. I could even see Hercules holding his own with One Man Gang, but once Andre gets his hands on Hercules, he's done. That leaves Hogan and Savage to face the big men. Hogan could beat each of these guys one-on-one, so they'd want to take out Hogan first. Hogan would probably eliminate OMG. Then you have to figure that at this point in time, both Andre and Hogan were virtually unstoppable, possibly cancelling each other out, or some sort of double count-out scenario. That leaves Savage and Bundy. Bundy is big guy, but he'd be winded at this point, and I think a young(er) Savage would still have the stamina and the strength to take him down.

It really is 5 on 2 here. There is no weak link in Team Andre. Except maybe for Butch Reed. Savage and Hogan are huge names. But they are the only ones. Theres too much power in Team Andre to overcome. Andre, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy and even Rick Rude are a shit ton of power. While the Mega Powers would put up a fight. They would eventually fall.

I can see Team Andre effectively making this a 5 on 2 matchup. So, really the question is, How far can Savage and Hogan go?

First would be Savage. I'd put him over Reed and Rude easily, but I don't know about Bundy and OMG. Potentially, Hogan and Savage bring this thing back to a 2 on 2, but then they lose Savage. We all know he'd be the first to go to setup the Hogan stands alone scenario.

Well, we all know Hogan beats Andre. We also know Hogan beats Bundy. However, I don't know if he could take them at the same time. I think he could beat one, by doing the typical Hulking up routine, but some heelish behavior would lead to an Andre win. I think the heel team here is too much of a force to lose this early, and would find some way among themselves and their managers to win.

Andre > Hogan here.

Hogan was counted out when Gang and Bundy prevented Hogan from a return to the ring.

So if they got Hogan counted out in 1987, surely they could do the same a year later. The rest of the Mega Powers team is made up of noboddies. Frankie the parrot is more over than the remeaining three in that team.

As good as Savage was can he really beat Andre the Giant, Rick Rude, One Man Gang, Butch Reed & King Kong Bundy? Rude almost has everything Savage does as it is.

I voted team Mega-Powers. Hogan or Savage could be dropped by the 5 on 2 odds but I dont think Hogan and Savage could be. Maybe I am just biased because these two are awesome.

Simple though the match goes down to 5 on 2 although Team Andre are feeling the effects, leaving only Hogan & Savage, Hogan would take out Gang and Reed, Savage would second-wind and take out Ric Rude & King Kong Bundy leaving both men to double-team Andre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back