Round 1; COD4(23) v Chrono Trigger (106)

Discussion in 'Video Games Tournament (2009)' started by Lee, Jul 1, 2009.

?

?

1. COD4

2. Chrono Trigger

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kashagi

Kashagi The

Thats personal taste, I like Final Fantasy but certainly wouldnt call them that good.

Lets save it for if Trigger survives :)

2. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

You know there is nothing I hate more than being ignorant to something that I really should know about and as a gamer, I feel that I should more than certainly be knowledgeable about games like Chrono Trigger. Since this thread started, I have tried my best to get to grips with it. I have ordered it from amazon and I have watched countless trailers from youtube and game sites alike. It looks like a fantastic game, do not get me wrong. I am a Final Fantasy fan boy and I know for sure that I will love this game.

However, I just acnnot see past COD4. It is a game that is just infectious. It holds so many good memeories for me and it's sheer playability is phenomenal. I can pick it up and play it for hours on the mulitplayer, or I could play the campaign and be no less entertained with it. It is simply amazing and I can't vote against it. Although, I will admit that it is much closer than I thought it would be at this stage and deservedly so. Both these games are great.

I look forward to proving myself worng when I actually get to play CT.

3. Fizzy

Fizzy Mid-Card Championship Winner

Exactly it's your personal preference. Everything else states otherwise. If Chrono Trigger was better then every FF then it would have sole more then 3 million copies which it didn't. FF7 alone sold over 9 million. Ask any professional gaming company, or any hardcore player who has played every FF game in the series. It's really not close. The FF series is in the top 3 video game series's EVER and FF7 is in the top 10 video games EVER. Chrono Trigger can't even crack the top 100. Son it was good, i'll even say it was great, but not THAT great to be better than the FF series. Also keep in mind I have indeed played Chrono Trigger.

4. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Hands up, I've played all the FF's and chrono trigger and I prefer chrono trigger. Sales have fuck all to do with it, you know we originally planned to do the top ranking games on the tournament based on sales, who were in the top seeds? Nintendogs, Wii Fit, Brain Training. Sales means shit for a better game.

Now keep on topic, this is chrono trigger v COD4 not FF

5. The Holy One

The Holy One What's really good?

To start off, RPGs are my life which is why I'm backing Kindom Hearts, and i think they are 100 times better than FPS. Though for this one round I'm gonna have to go with COD4. For the reason that I was hooked on it in one minute of seeing my friend play it on his 360 that I immediately bought one for mine. I have also played CT, but to me COD4 outshines it from its addicting gameplay, funny storyline, tremendous graphics, and one of the best if not the best online play i have ever seen.

6. Kashagi

Kashagi The

The problem is, I dont give a shit what anyone else thinks.

As was just stated, if sales means its better. Then the Sims is better then Final Fantasy VII.

Exactly.

7. stevensnk

stevensnk Dark Match Winner

Just voted COD 4. But it barely gets in over Chrono Trigger.

COD 4 is the best game in the series, Great story, Great multiplayer and can play for hours on end. Plus to reiterate what Phoenix said on the first page it has Nazi Zombies, a completely awesome arcade style shooter, that is great in it's own sense.

So CoD over Trigger, just barely though.

8. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I don't really want to tell you that that was COD5. COD4 had no Nazi zombies that I ama aware of. But hey it's a vote for COD4 all the same. This is becoming the match of the round and rightly so. It is the reason that this tournament was set up, to pit legends against new pretenders. However, people, and I ask you this full in the knowledge that this could back fire against me and COD4, What would you rather play right now? I for one would rather play COD4.

9. Razor

Razor crafts entire Worlds out of Words

This, basically.

Call of Duty 4 is probably my favorite First Person Shooter, after the horror that is a 6 hour campaign on Halo 3. Fucking way to go and half ass it, Bungie.

However, there is no way it's better than Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger was proof that Square Enix could do what it does best, pull off the best RPGs this side of the Pacific Ocean. Though Square Enix is probably a Japanese Company, for all I know. But still.

I love Call of Duty 4. But Chrono Trigger led to my beloved Final Fantasy Tactics.

Lee likes this.
  10. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Chrono Trigger Wins

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.